Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NHL Free Agency

NHL Free Agency

So the free agent frenzy. Are you happy with what your team did?

All my Canes really did was secure Jordan Staal to a 10 year deal, and resign Peters and get Corvo back. I find it funny that we got Corvo back since he asked to be traded outta Carolina.

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Re: NHL Free Agency

I like the Pens making A LOT of cap space for not even this year, but next year to get Malkin signed to a long-term contract as well. Plus getting Brandon Sutter is perfect for our 3rd line. Even though the Pens didn't get Parise or Suter, we didn't really need either of them. It would have been a luxury to have them, but we still have plenty of options in terms of FA and trades. Even without making a move, the Pens are still easily in the top 5 best teams in the league. Congrats to Minnesota though for getting Parise and Suter. They still are nowhere near being in the top 5 though, if even the top 10. After their top 2 lines, they are pretty weak. But they do have a great prospect pool so that in years to come they'll be a force to be reckoned with.

I created Hill 30

I r teh sad.

Red Wings didn't get Suter or Parise. The only major additions? A new backup goalie and an Assistant Coach. Yay? Lol.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Bruins fans hated corvo. We're cursed with our puck moving defensemen, they never last long.

Wideman, Morris, Kaberle, Corvo. Nothing good since Borque retired.

EDIT: Hoping to get Doan in a bruins uniform. Would be a nice fit. Savard's dead and Horton is half dead, wont expect him back till after xmas.
    Last edited by Yehsus; 07-05-2012 at 09:21 PM.

et ducit mundum per luce

my jets finally got a centre in jokinen kinda happy about that

Why the hell did Corvo come back though? I mean he asked to be traded outta Carolina.

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Quote Originally Posted by WSxHeavyArms View Post
    Why the hell did Corvo come back though? I mean he asked to be traded outta Carolina.
    He got run out of Boston by the fans and Claude. Probably realized he had it good there.

et ducit mundum per luce

I mean, I dont think hes terrible or anything but dang.

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Corvo is pretty bad defensively...plus he's losing his scoring touch. He'll be in the minors sooner than later

I created Hill 30

I havent seen him play recently, so I dont know if hes been doing well or not. Im wondering if the Canes are gonna call up the younger Staal brother this year or not..

Edit: He Yehsus what do you think about Thomas not playing this year?

Thread Information