Sailor Moon Returns!

If you are a huge anime fan like me then you should be familiar with this title! Sailor Moon was one of the few anime titles that helped pave the way for the popularity of the Japan Animation empire! Running along side Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon is a legend among Anime fans(speed racer, transformers, Voltron, an the anime that came out in the 70's being greater classic legends, but before time of notability.). Starting as a manga(japanese comic book) in 1991 by Naoko Takeuchi, the series later on developed into a anime(5 seasons 5 shorts 3 movies), a toy line(dolls,wands, costumes, video games, ect.) live stage musicals(1993 and 2005), and a live action adaption(2003 to 2004). The live action supposedly being the last of the Sailor Moon legacy. Ms. Takeuchi announced she was no longer going to continue any further work with the series.

This year is Sailor Moon's 20th birthday! And to celebrate, I am excited to announce to my fellow anime fans and fans of the franchise(I know you're all dudes but it's not gay to admit you liked Sailor Moon, I mean lets look at it this way....there are some bronies here....) That Naoko Takeuchi has announced that she is going to make a new Sailor Moon Series!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So yea just wanted to throw that out there!!!
    "No More Miss Nice Bear Time To Bring Out My Claws"

Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

Re: Sailor Moon Returns!

I'm a huge anime fan but ive never seen Sailor Moon. Sure I've heard about it but never really knew too much. A lot of the other ones you listed are quite familiar but that's it. I already have a HUGE list of anime I want to watch before school starts up again so I doubt I could find the time to watch a 20 year old series. But ya never know, maybe I'll look into it...

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

Holy Hell. Sailor Moon was my first. I watched Sailor Moon in a time before time. Before I'd ever known what anime was. Before I had ever even heard of DBZ or Pokemon. I couldn't talk to anyone about it though because being my first, I watched it when I was really, really young. I do remember the one guy who turned into a magician or a wizard or something. The one with the mask and top hat. I also remember the cat(or I'm thinking of Kiki's Delivery Service). A slightly less annoying version of Meowth. Ugh, Meowth. Now I need to go look that show back up... damn you Rei, you and your memory inducing threads. MEMORY INDUCING THREAD
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

Quote Originally Posted by OPOC1L1PSE View Post
    I'm a huge anime fan but ive never seen Sailor Moon. Sure I've heard about it but never really knew too much. A lot of the other ones you listed are quite familiar but that's it. I already have a HUGE list of anime I want to watch before school starts up again so I doubt I could find the time to watch a 20 year old series. But ya never know, maybe I'll look into it...
    I mean it is never too late to get into an anime even if it's a decade or two years old. the series and episodes go like so...

Sailor Moon 46eps
    Sailor Moon R 43eps
    Sailor Moon S 38eps
    Sailor Moon Super Stars 34eps
    Sailor Moon Super S 39eps
    A total of 200 episodes

Plus 3 movies

Sailor Moon R: The Movie
    Sailor Moon S: The Movie
    Sailor Moon SuperS: The Movie

Wouldn't take you too long to watch the whole series. Bleach and Naruto have already passed on the episodes lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graycochea View Post
    Holy Hell. Sailor Moon was my first. I watched Sailor Moon in a time before time. Before I'd ever known what anime was. Before I had ever even heard of DBZ or Pokemon. I couldn't talk to anyone about it though because being my first, I watched it when I was really, really young. I do remember the one guy who turned into a magician or a wizard or something. The one with the mask and top hat. I also remember the cat(or I'm thinking of Kiki's Delivery Service). A slightly less annoying version of Meowth. Ugh, Meowth. Now I need to go look that show back up... damn you Rei, you and your memory inducing threads. MEMORY INDUCING THREAD

The man you speak of is Tuxedo Mask and the cats are Luna(black cat) and Artemis(white cat). They were far from annoying...well Luna had her moments where you wanted to kick her in the face lol
    "No More Miss Nice Bear Time To Bring Out My Claws"

YES!!! sailor moon ftw.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Thread Information