Re: Fall 2012 Dashboard Update

Quote Originally Posted by HarryTheChin View Post
    POR QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Porque razones

(By Ireland Wolf)

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    I have signed up for the update. I haven't downloaded it yet, however. I'm not terribly excited for IE, though. Bleh.
    Me neither.

A: It's IE.
    B: I have a laptop and smartphone, I don't need another way to browse the (shittier) internet.

I almost wish they would give an option to go back to the original dashboard.

Blog Posts

What are they adding anyway? Besides IE.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    What are they adding anyway? Besides IE.
    Better organization, Recomendations off of what you do/play on your xbox, Skype in the future (not avalible for me right now), Ability to use "SmartGlass" (not availble right now), and a few other small things

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

Do they have Xbox music? I remember them showing that at E3. I use the Zune marketplace a lot....

They really aren't ever going to do much.. They're WAY TOO CHEAP XD I'd love if they would let you have more friends like the ps3, but at the same time I wish they would make xbox live free!! But that will never happen even though when you play halo you use p2p connections just like ps3 does for their crap which is why it's free but can't have that now can we microsoft you just have to have every penny you can get lolz. But yea should really start letting people have more friends, and would be nice if they let you use firefox as a choice instead of IE... Whats the organization fully look like??

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UNLUCKY NUM13ER View Post
    Do they have Xbox music? I remember them showing that at E3. I use the Zune marketplace a lot....
    Havent seen it yet, i did scan through the apps, but i didnt see it. However i did stumble across this app for the Kinect that allows you to just read certin lines and you will get achievments and avatar awards.. supposidly its a way to help make the Kinect work better in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by DrkAng3l Reborn View Post
    They really aren't ever going to do much.. They're WAY TOO CHEAP XD I'd love if they would let you have more friends like the ps3, but at the same time I wish they would make xbox live free!! But that will never happen even though when you play halo you use p2p connections just like ps3 does for their crap which is why it's free but can't have that now can we microsoft you just have to have every penny you can get lolz. But yea should really start letting people have more friends, and would be nice if they let you use firefox as a choice instead of IE... Whats the organization fully look like??
    You do relise the reason as to why xbl has a price right? Its the security you are paying for. Otherwise the Xbox will get hacked just like the PS3 did.

The organization however is basically like this:

-You go to the video tab on the dashboard and you will find nothing but things that involve video's. Such as Video ONLY apps, Video ONLY recomendations.

Its nothing special, but it allows you not having to go through the "Apps" tab to search for Netflix and what-not, to which i got tired of doing.

Something iv noticed though, is you can place some apps on the front/main tab... kind of like a favorites page.

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Their security isn't the greatest. Ps3 just gets hacked because their incompetent and don't watch what's going on till it's too late then blame everyone else for their screw ups lolz. Get rather tired of the whole apps thing.. Kinda stupid that Netflix a video streaming app isnt even featured in the video section and when I click on it all the sudden it now asks are you sure you want to start up netflix? Like oh no I just wanted to click on it because I'm retarded thanks though XD

Thread Information