Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Payroll

Blog Posts

Re: Payroll

It's a good idea, but I don't think it would really work. If it would work, I'm all for it. But it's not needed and it would probably do more bad than good. Good thought though

Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

I also like this idea for a couple of reasons.

First off, this IS a job on certain days, and it is a job we volunteer for, but there are a lot days that frankly I just deal with a lot of stress from being an officer be it from managing member relations, or ensuring that I do what is expected of me. Say what you want in that "We do this only for the admiration of our soldiers" but I know for myself, and my officers that we have put our own personal lives on hold on a few occasions because we have been called upon to do work.

Now to be fair, Enlisted also need to sometimes rearrange, or pospone things in their life to come to practices and to battlenights, I know that during school, every Sunday I either have to buy a quick meal somewhere, or go without food because battlenights go directly over the hours that our college cafeteria is open, and I know that others must have situations like mine. And you can say that the reward for those sacrifices is getting promotions, and while that is true, it is less true for enlisted, frankly I know that we say that Sergeants and higher have some control over their lower ranked squad members, but frankly I really see the power always goes to the officers, and really there is no fear or awe from even the most highest ranked enlisted.

So what I suggest is actually a revised version in that every member that participates in Sunday battlenights is paid, and their pay is varied depending upon their rank. for example (example 1/example 2):

50/100vCash for Low Enlisted
    100/200vCash for Medium Enlisted
    150/300vCash for High Enlisted
    200/400vCash for Officers
    250/500VCash for Flag Officers
    500/750vCash for High Command

And yes, this is some work, I realize that, but another reason I bring this up, is that I think it gives a more war simulation feel to it, I think that it allows our enlisted to feel just that extra urge to get a higher rank, I think it gives our leading members just a bit more appreciation from the site itself, not simply from the members (because since we are working for the site, then shouldn't we get paid by the site, not by the community of the site?), and here is another big reason I say we should have something like this: Betting.

Now, I know of a few people who have gone and bet all out on a team winning a match, be it in sports, or in battlenights, and when they lose they literally have nothing to bet with, and the only way that they can get more Vcash is to help with statbook, or an act of kindness from another member. Now I realize we have options for getting people vCash back, but there is only one way, and that takes a good amount of time to get paid for helping Statbook, this would allow people who bet full out on a match, to still feel like shit that they lost everything, but they would atleast get 100vCash for their pay, to be able to be part of the betting again next week.

Now in the comment that members should be content to just feel rewarded by medals, first off, we don't have a catalog of medals, so when members get a medal, frankly none of us know what the medal is for, and how we got it. Secondly, I can say at least for BLUE we haven't seen medals being rewarded for quiet a while.

If you are saying "tl;dr" then here are my reasons in a nutshell:
    -It gives everyone a thanks for being part of the community
    -It draws more people to actually pay attention to their site profiles
    -It gives a new way to get income, while not flooding the community with Vcash
    -The only people getting paid would be those who participated in the battlenights, meaning more people come, and it wouldn't be a complete pain to do.
    -Provides more incentive to rank up, meaning more activity from enlisted
    -Officer bonus provided by FM, would possibly make officers who do more work, get their appreciation (and don't try telling me they get promoted instead, there are always ceilings for people)
    -Would give a bit more of a separation of ranking, meaning rank may mean more among enlisted.
    -Medals haven't been a very large reward as they have been confusing, or non existent.

It's a bit of work, but I mean the people in Statbook could help, and maybe hell, the people that do statbook might get a little extra cash out of helping with that too.
    Last edited by Salvanous; 08-08-2012 at 11:17 PM.
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Im the creator of this post, and yet Salv thought this through way more then me lol... but he does hold very valid points.

I wouldnt expect this to happen this war, but maybe Halo 4? chances are we will have another "Beta War"... maybe try this out?

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

People could just super promote everyone so their army gets vcash.

The system is easily broken.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Blog Posts

You can't really promote officers unless there's an open spot.

Overall, I agree with most of the points that Slav made. However, just to keep Anarch words from becoming true, I'd say take out the levels of enlisted and just make one flat payment.

I don't see how this could be "broken" beyond that.

I'm right back at it again...

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    People could just super promote everyone so their army gets vcash.

The system is easily broken.
    you do hold a point, however that kind of thing would fall into the FMs trust that no foul play was being used (easy Vcash)

If you get trusted FMs, to which the current ones do have that trust, then it shouldnt be a problem. The FM should know about every promotion and as to why they got it anyways

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    you do hold a point, however that kind of thing would fall into the FMs trust that no foul play was being used (easy Vcash)

If you get trusted FMs, to which the current ones do have that trust, then it shouldnt be a problem. The FM should know about every promotion and as to why they got it anyways
    Even so, it would be rare for each army to have the same total payroll, so one army would needlessly benefit.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

First off, I broke it down into the tiered enlisted because these are easy to see the differences between the Privates, the Sergeants, and the Special ranks, it's easy to red flag if guys are getting promoted too quickly, and too high. Also the system I suggested would pay only the people who come to sunday battlenights, so you if I wasn't at the battlenight, I wouldn't get paid. Therefore it is hard to really break the system as long as both sides are being fair in their promotions (and frankly people are, and should keep that way)

Also, you are talking about people breaking the Vcash system, let's put this into context, we already have a limit to how much vcash can be donated per week, people such as myself, and other people with large amounts of vcash already can flood each army with Vcash to our respected limits, but if there is a concern that the small payroll I have in mind would still break even with that point made, then make it so that only say 5 people can donate per week. :P

Also, if there is a concern that both sides would boost promote, even with that note of limited Vcash deposits, and limited depositors, why not put limits on the amount of ranks that can be had in an army, a rank ceiling per say. In example, you could have only 20% of your enlisted be High Enlisted Tier, and or you can't have more than half of your enlisted be at, or above a medium enlisted spot. We have limits for how many lietenants, Captains, and Majors, and higher ups, we can also apply that to the enlisted ranks as well if need be. :P
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

I should get payed cash just to be here because I'm that sexy.

Just kidding I'm not that full of myself.

MORE MONIEZ?

Thread Information