Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Payroll

Blog Posts

Re: Payroll

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Even so, it would be rare for each army to have the same total payroll, so one army would needlessly benefit.
    Isn't there already a cap on the amt. of vCash that can be spent on an army already? I thinks its weekly.

Besides, this also brings up recruitment. Just another reason why you should recruit.

I'm right back at it again...

Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Salvanous View Post
    First off, I broke it down into the tiered enlisted because these are easy to see the differences between the Privates, the Sergeants, and the Special ranks, it's easy to red flag if guys are getting promoted too quickly, and too high. Also the system I suggested would pay only the people who come to sunday battlenights, so you if I wasn't at the battlenight, I wouldn't get paid. Therefore it is hard to really break the system as long as both sides are being fair in their promotions (and frankly people are, and should keep that way)

Also, you are talking about people breaking the Vcash system, let's put this into context, we already have a limit to how much vcash can be donated per week, people such as myself, and other people with large amounts of vcash already can flood each army with Vcash to our respected limits, but if there is a concern that the small payroll I have in mind would still break even with that point made, then make it so that only say 5 people can donate per week. :P

Also, if there is a concern that both sides would boost promote, even with that note of limited Vcash deposits, and limited depositors, why not put limits on the amount of ranks that can be had in an army, a rank ceiling per say. In example, you could have only 20% of your enlisted be High Enlisted Tier, and or you can't have more than half of your enlisted be at, or above a medium enlisted spot. We have limits for how many lietenants, Captains, and Majors, and higher ups, we can also apply that to the enlisted ranks as well if need be. :P
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

Blog Posts

It's not about how much people can donate, it'll just be that each week everyone will have enough vCash to donate and it won't feel like they're giving up much cause there is so much vCash floating around. It should feel sort of like an expense. Now, if we removed the betting aspect and made it so that you can use your vCash payroll to do stuff on the forums, that's another aspect, albiet one people would probably not like as much.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Verboten, the payroll of say:

Low Enlisted: 100 VCash
    Medium Enlisted: 150 VCash
    High Enlisted: 200 VCash
    Officers: 250 VCash
    Flag Officers: 300 VCash
    High Command: 500 VCash

Won't have that much VCash floating around, if we take BLUE's performance during that last battlenight, I know that Ascension had 3 Officers, 1 Flag Officer, and roughly 5 Low Enlisted, 4 Medium, and maybe 1 High Enlisted. By using math, that is about 2300 VCash, and now if we multiply that by 2, you could probably see the entirety of each side roughly coming up with 5000-6000 VCash IF they brought a very good sum of people. This Vcash goes directly to each member of the community, not to BLUE Bank, or to REDD Bank, so EVERYONE that attended the battlenight would have to donate, and even then, that is about a quarter of what the maximum is to donate.

I don't believe for a moment that this would flood the site with VCash. Another thing to consider, is that there have been times where both sides I know have complained "Oh, well they only one because their good squads showed up, and the their weaker ones didn't" and if anyone denies that, you are bullshiting. This system would in that situation reward the army that actually had a good turn out, and would reward it's members for dealing with longer wait between matches.

This won't break the VCash system, because frankly there are people like yourself Verboten, and myself who have the means to supply the max amount of VCash donations per week, and frankly I could do that every week if I went full out and kept winning each week. The betting system is a dangerous, but fast way to get Vcash up, The Statbook is a very slow way to recover from that. What I am suggesting is a way to atleast give every member some pocket change.

Everyone wants to say that this will flood the site with VCash, but let's put it into a reasonable mathematical way of looking at it, If each side gets INCREDIBLE turn outs during Sundays, each side is getting roughly 7500 VCash, and that is under extreme situations of attendance, now that means that for an incredible turnout Sundays the entire site would get 15,000 VCash. That isn't even the limit of what you could donate to one side of the army, and frankly we have a lot more VCash entering into the site/and sometimes leaving the site from the betting system. I know I have walked away from some nights, with an additional 40,000 VCash in my pocket, I have also lost a lot in the betting, but you see what I am saying. THIS DOESN'T BREAK ANYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvanous View Post
    If you are saying "tl;dr" then here are my reasons in a nutshell:
    -It gives everyone a thanks for being part of the community
    -It rewards the good attendance during Sunday's, meaning less chance of 6 Squads going up against 2 Squads (or at least rewarding the side that actually came to the battlenight)
    -It draws more people to actually pay attention to their site profiles
    -It gives a new way to get income, while not flooding the community with Vcash
    -The only people getting paid would be those who participated in the battlenights, meaning more people come, and it wouldn't be a complete pain to do.
    -Provides more incentive to rank up, meaning more activity from enlisted
    -Officer bonus provided by FM, would possibly make officers who do more work, get their appreciation (and don't try telling me they get promoted instead, there are always ceilings for people)
    -Would give a bit more of a separation of ranking, meaning rank may mean more among enlisted.
    -Medals haven't been a very large reward as they have been confusing, or non existent.
    -The max amount of VCash that would be given to both sides wouldn't even be half of the max being able to be donated, and that is under the circumstances of a great turn out, and if everyone tried to donate, and everyone actually used the site.
    -Specific rank tags when moving to Halo 4 will make monitoring rank easy, meaning difficult, if not impossible to boost promote.
    The only way to really abuse this system is to boost promote people, however this can be monitored and frankly anyone will see if a PFC in two battlenights suddenly jumps to a SGT. SPECIALLY since apparently we are working on getting back Special Rank Tags for each rank when Halo 4 comes back. And even if after that this is a situation, then why not make a max amount of certain ranks you can have per army, after all, you don't have armies composed of only Sergeants.
    Last edited by Salvanous; 08-09-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

Blog Posts

Short sentences are better

What about map worth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe each map an army controls is worth x amt. of cR. Something like that technically puts armies at a slightly "unfair advantage". Whatever is broken with the vCash system can probably be easily fixed with some elbow grease anyway.

When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Map worth has nothing to do with this situation, you are talking about Army Credits then, and not about VCash. What maps are worth credit wise, is not linked to us giving participating members Vcash.
    Project Ascension

"Addio amico mio"

Blog Posts

Yes it is actually, Anarchy's point is that people will just promote ppl unworthy of said promotion to just get the maximum allowed vCash turned into army cR each and every week.

The maps is where a large sum of cR comes in for both armies to be able to do things strategically. So my point was gonna be if we just decrease the worth of controlling maps, then the FMs (or whoever does the battle planning) can use more donations. Thus, making ppl feel as they're contributing more.

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    People could just super promote everyone so their army gets vcash.

The system is easily broken.
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    You are in officer positions because you are capable, dependable, and interested in stepping up in the community.

The most appropriate reward you should get is gratitude/respect from your men.
    This.

Logistically it would be a nightmare. Our reward for doing what we do is the fun we have on Sundays, the bonds we form with our squads and the fact that we officers get to be part of the political spectrum of FC. Yes, Officers do a lot of the work to keep this place going but in the end it is the enlisted that makes this even possible. If we didn't have the enlisted we would be a bunch of Chiefs but no Indians. This is among the other debates such as "Green Army" "Elite Loadouts" and others. These will never happen.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    Yes it is actually, Anarchy's point is that people will just promote ppl unworthy of said promotion to just get the maximum allowed vCash turned into army cR each and every week.

The maps is where a large sum of cR comes in for both armies to be able to do things strategically. So my point was gonna be if we just decrease the worth of controlling maps, then the FMs (or whoever does the battle planning) can use more donations. Thus, making ppl feel as they're contributing more.
    *facepalm* Gargoyle, this is why I put the Vcash so low first off, like I said in my previous post, you would need all of this:

-Massive turnout (about 30-40 people per each side) to get about 7500 Credits, even if all of them were medium enlisted
    -You would need them ALL to donate their Vcash for that week, meaning these 30-40 people would need to be active on the site as well.
    -7500 Credits isn't even half of what our max donations can be for the week.

Like these indicate, you simply have VERY drastic ways for the Vcash earned to really bring too much into donations, frankly people with large amount of Vcash bring in more through betting than this. AND in the situation that we grew too large numbers that this was something that happened on a larger scale, then we could put a limit on how many people donated per a week. This REALLY isn't that hard to stonewall from being a problem. :/

Now to talk about the boosting of ranks, like I said, since we will be moving to specific rank tags in the start (or close to the start) of Halo 4, it will be MUCH easier to see what rank people are, and therefore easy to tell if people are getting rank boosted. And now first off this does mean that there is some trust among everyone to NOT rank boost, but in the situation that we need to feel like we control this situation, then why not implement a limitation on how many of certain high ranks you can have, such as "you can only have one Sergeant for every 5 lower members" as a crude example. What this would ALSO do if we did that, would mean that the people that had their rank would feel like they were the best suited for that job, instead of getting promoted to Sergeant just meant that you had reached a milestone in the community, it meant that you were best suited to be the Sergeant of those around you.

And Silko, this is WHY I am suggesting this, because what it does is while it gives Officers a little reward, my primary focus is giving the ENLISTED a reward as well, which is why I said that only those who come to the Battlenights are the ones paid. We tell people they get a reward for coming to Battlenights, and we have better turn out, and the reward is something site only, meaning more focus on the site from our members.
    Project Ascension

"Addio amico mio"

Thread Information