Blog Posts

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Ending.

So before anyone who hasn't beaten the game so far, please do not read under this statement, because their will be SPOILERS...

Alright so killing Lucy kind of confused the hell out of me at first, until I put some thought into it. I think she was working with Abstergo. Cause as the credits roll you hear voices that aren't anyone from Brotherhood then one says I'm the expert so I'm taking it's Absertgo taking the Apple and Desmond. Now it's either Abstergo which is what I thought about, but currently I'm leaning more towards it's the rest of the Assassin's which I currently thought of.

The following is someone's theory on all of the games thus far and after reading it a few times I like it, and it seems to fit quite well into place:

Assassin's Creed 1

Obviously thruout the game we learn the basics about the bleed effect whereby Desmond gains the skills of his ancestors. The longer he spends in the animus the more this is apparent until, as with other subjects, he becomes unable to mentally distinguish between the past and present. At the end of the game there's a section where you see a bunch of stuff written on the walls. It covers all major religions and much of it involves the afterlife / next life. There's also a bunch of stuff about the 21st of December 2012, the theoretical "date for the end of the world"

This writing, combined with the emails you pilfer from Abstergo's computers indicate that they are working hard to locate all the "pieces of Eden". I thinkthey intend to launch them all in satellites for some event that will occur on the 21st of Dec 2012. Some of the emails also talk about historic, unexplained events like the Tunguska Incident and the Philladelphia Experiment. They take both these and claim them to be the result of Templar/Assassin activities. The bottom line is that it looks like the templars have probably mastered a form of time travel (Philladelphia Exp email where they send the ship forward in time) and this is part of their plans.

The pieces of eden are forbidden artifacts of great power from the time humanity was created. Not sure what their power is supposed but it's safe to assume controlling mankind is a major power and the reason it's so heavily sought after by the templars.

Assassin's Creed 2

Way back before us humans were around there was a different race. They were far superior to us both technically and mentally and they created us using Eden. I'm not sure but I think theyalso controlled humans using Eden (this would also explain why the Templars want it). Subject 16's video shows two humans (assumed to be those who were later ideolised as Adam and Eve) stealing a piece of Eden. Assumedly the humans used this power to regain controland, since then, there were constant wars between the old race and humans. They were stronger but there were more humans so it was an even fight. They were so busy fighting that they didn't notice the sun getting brighter/hotter until it was too late andsortcatastrophe occured wiping out almost everyone. The old race tried to ensure the catastrophe wouldn't repeat itself by building teaching the humans but they weremisunderstood and what they taught turned into myth/legend/religion. There were some who wanted peace instead of war and they built temples/vaults. The "god" you meat at the end of AC2 tells you to find these temples quickly as they hold the key to saving the world and the Templars work against you in this goal

Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood

It's confirmed in the first sentence spoken when you touch the apple ofEden that you are in fact a mixed breed of the two races indicatedat the end of AC2.This explains why you have Eagle Vision and also explains why someone with your DNA is able to activate the apple(Eagle Vision is the "sixth sense" alluded to as you navigate your way through the temple). The voice then proceeds to tell you that you must make a journey with one other who is likeyou against "the cross" (however they cannot see where this other person is because the "cross" darkens their vision). In order to ensure your mind is open and you proceed forward in the right way they make you kill Lucy. I assumed this was because of a growing relationship between Desmond and her and toensure he didn't get too heavily involved in an Assassin vs Templar war and make the samemistake the original two races did. The important part is that you have to travel alone to awaken the sixth. I believe the goal is for you and this other person,use the pieces of Eden andeither stop the event from occuring in 2012 and/or to be the creators of the new human race.

Side note : Ceaser and the "entities" controlling Desmond at the end of the game seem to confirm that a major power of the Apple of Eden is to control humankind. Tis would explain why the Templars want it so bad and why it's important that they don't get it.

During the end credits you hear the voices of the people I assume find Desmond saying to put him back in the Animus. I believe these are the other assassin's who have found him lying beside the others and assumed he's "gone crazy" They put him back into the Animus to stop him from going nuts I guess. At the end of the exchange you hear Desmond say "No!" so he obviously regains consciousness slightly and I'll bet that's where AC3 begins

So thoughts and opinions on the matter? Please keep this thread clean, thank you.
    Last edited by Maxdoggy; 12-29-2010 at 12:01 PM.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Re: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Ending.

Desmond must kill Lucy because she is a trator Templar. The two talking are most likely Assassins, Desmond isn't lying anywhere he has to continue his mission.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

actually if you leave the animus in the middle of the game and go outside. You can use eagle vision and see red foot print going to Lucy, also in the emails there is one person who is believed to be the Assassins leader sends emails to all of the characters except Lucy. I believe she is still a Templar.

Neutral DI Overseer
    AimBot Andi
    DragonBorn
    Disturbed

Alright *cracks knuckles*

Lucy is a double agent, but her feelings for Desmond are getting in the way of her mission for the Templars. That is from the emails. The person discussing it with her is also the Grandmaster Templar of that Era, William. But none of that is the reason why Luna made you kill Lucy.. The fact is, Desmond is a descendant of Adam.. Lucy is not a descendant of Eve.. She was a potential love interest but Luna can allow that to happen. She requires a pure blood descendant of Adam and Eve for perfect control of the artifacts. She requires Desmond to have a child with the currently unknown descendant of Eve. That child is whats needed to prevent the world from plunging into the end.. (( This does not mean that Lucy is dead, just removed from the equation. There is a good chance she isnt dead, where she was struck is also not a lethal area of the body. ))

If there is anything about the Assassin's Creed story and or background story you would like to know, use this thread as your place for questions and I will answer all that you have. I dont mean to toot my own horn, but I payed such close attention that I could write a book on this game.. lol

Blog Posts

I always wondered if she was a double agent, cause if I remember correctly she had her finger cut off like Altair did, but remember in Assassin's Creed 2 Leonardo tells Ezio their is no need to remove his finger to use the blade. So why would Lucy have to do it, plus she always has codes for everything. But alot of the idea was thrown away because you never face the Templars outside of the Animus.

My Desk

Neutral DI Overseer
    AimBot Andi
    DragonBorn
    Disturbed

Quote Originally Posted by EOD EAGLE View Post
    I always wondered if she was a double agent, cause if I remember correctly she had her finger cut off like Altair did, but remember in Assassin's Creed 2 Leonardo tells Ezio their is no need to remove his finger to use the blade. So why would Lucy have to do it, plus she always has codes for everything. But alot of the idea was thrown away because you never face the Templars outside of the Animus.
    She was playing both teams, but she was initially a Templar. She had to prove herself to the Creed by removing her finger (( Just what I think, I cant prove it. )) She is supposed to be a full templar under cover and helping Desmond so they can take his findings from him. But in the first game she slowly developed feelings for him. In brotherhood you notice her attitude change, because she is trying to carry out her mission.

Blog Posts

Even if we think she is a double agent, nothing fully confirms it. So I think that Assassin's Creed 3 will be a massive ass game to sum everything up. But this time it might not be in the animus, because we already have the Apple.

My Desk

Thread Information