14 25.45%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalize it!

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Legalize it!

Hello, just a heads up this subject is rather touchy for people and people have strong opinions. Please respect everyone's imput. They have a right to their own opinion. You can dissagree with it, however, be respectful about it

Legalize It!

This year is a rather big jump for the legalization of Marijuana. Back in 2010, California tried to get a bill passed to allow recreational use for Marijuana. Due to a a previous poll, it showed Marijuana had over 50% support for it. However, when the actual voting occured, the bill fell short and lost. Multiple states at the time were still trying to get the amount of signatures required.

This year, 2 states will have a bill up for vote to legalize the recreational use of Marijuana. Those states include Washington State and Colorado.

These states will hold certin restrictions, such as:

- legalize the production, distribution, and retail sale of marijuana
    - prohibit sales to anyone under age 21
    - designate the Colorado State Department of Revenue as the agency responsible for regulating marijuana commerce
    - designate the Washington State Liquor Control Board as the regulatory agency

However, the "prohibit sales to anyone under age 21" can be easily broken, just like teenagers under the age of 21 getting beer.

Washington State will hold a 20-25% tax on the Marijuana purchace. To which, ill leave some examples of normal costs of weed and how much it costs with the tax:

Dime (1 gram, usually from 0.7-1.0) sells of $10 on the street. Tax will very from $12-$12.50
    Dub (2 gram, usually from 1.7-2.0) sells $20 on the street. Tax will very from $24-$25
    Thirty-sac (3 gram, usually from 2.7-3.0) sells for $30 on the street. Tax will very from $36-$37.5

As you can see, the tax can get you nearly half way to the next level of amount.

People consider Marijuana as a "Gateway Drug". I dissagree and only think its a "Gateway to the fridge". People also say its "addictive", that is false and has been proven.

Drunk driving deaths are average to 1 person is killed every 30 minutes. Averaging, 16,000 deaths a year.

Tabacco deaths a year on average? 435,000.

Marijuana averages? Zero.

Yet Alcohol and Tabacco are legal.

Why is Marijuana illegal?

There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others.”

“…the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.”

“Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death.”

“Reefer makes darkies think they’re as good as white men.”

“Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing”

“You smoke a joint and you’re likely to kill your brother.”

“Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind.” ~ Harry J. Anslinger
    That isn't the full reason, but was a key factor. Ever since then, America has thought of Marijuana as a drug from "Satan". Religon was never involved in the case of making Marijuana illegal, as a matter of fact, Shinto and Judeo-Christian support the use of Marijuana.

According to research, over 60% of Americans smoke weed. Over 70% smoke pot in some point of their life.

What if Marijuana gets legal in my State, is it technically still illegal?

Yes. According to federal law, Marijuana is still illegal and will remain illegal untill over 50% of the states legalize it. But, even then it can still be illegal. The DEA (Drug Enforcemnt Agency) will patrol alot more in the states that have it legal. The DEA follows Federal Law.

Doesn't an Ammendment allow seperate State Laws?

Yes. However, Federal Law is powerful enough to go against a State Law. A DEA Officer has the right to arrest you for things that the Federal Government proclaim Illegal.

Personal story:

In High School, i used to smoke pot and go to class. It was easily noticed that i was high. But i had cool teachers that they didn't care. I actually remember one time that i had to take a suprise Math Test on a subject i really sucked at, Algebra. I never studied (still dont) and hardly listend in class. I actually got a 80% on that test. I was really shocked. Back then though, i smoked pot just to smoke it. Now hoever, i do it responsibly. I only do it when i have nothing to do and know i will have nothing to do for the rest of the day.
    This is not a post that is trying to persuade you to smoke pot. This post is to get the information out to those that dont know much about it.

If you want more info about the subject, please watch This Video

And ill leave you with this joke/funny quote.

People say pot smokers are not multi-taskers. I tend to dissagree. I'm a multi-tasking pot smoker. Let me give an example. The other day I was walking down the street, thats one. I was stoned, thats two. Alright i'll that one back. I was walking down the street, I was putting eye drops in my eyes, I was talking on my cell phone and I was getting hit by a car. ~ Doug Benson (Super High Me)
    If this post gets out of hand, please contact me so I can notify a admin to close the thread. I want to know this thread is locked or being locked ahead of time.
    Last edited by bazongaman502; 08-11-2012 at 05:50 AM.

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

Re: Legalize it!

I disagree that it's addictive, it may not be on the same level as Meth or other high level drugs. But either way I see very little issues with it becoming legal. In fact I see it more of a Pro than a Con even if I do not partake myself.

I say legalize it, even if I never buy any. It just should be taxed & regulated heavily.

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

Quote Originally Posted by UNLUCKY NUM13ER View Post
    I disagree that it's addictive, it may not be on the same level as Meth or other high level drugs. But either way I see very little issues with it becoming legal. In fact I see it more of a Pro than a Con even if I do not partake myself.

I say legalize it, even if I never buy any. It just should be taxed & regulated heavily.
    What Forest said. I'm not a smoker, but I have friends who are and have seen no negative effects so far. Legalize it, tax it, sell it like cigarettes, and let the ents toke up.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHammer View Post
    What Forest said. I'm not a smoker, but I have friends who are and have seen no negative effects so far
    Except for they tend to smell like pot which is really annoying. If you're going to smoke it, for the love of god please change clothes and shower when you're done, no one wants to smell that shit on you. (I'm not saying all do this.)

FC Janitor
    #RIPHarryTheChin
    #RIPClearSh0t
    Blog Posts

Good luck getting a job if you smoke it regularly, cause remember you still have to take a drug test and that shit don't leave your system until a month later.
    U.S. Navy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    The Janitor God has no birthday. The Janitor God is forever.

Blog Posts

Weed is just like cigs and alcohol. Hell, Cigs do more harm for you than weed does.

Regulate it, legalize it.

EDIT: If it becomes legalized, companies in the states would have to re-do their drug policies.

I'm right back at it again...

hell its better for you than cigs so yea legalize it. But got damn thatll be expensive ,even thoe its not comeing to my state haha.

holy crap. dat tax. 25%? seriously?

well, even though it will be legal, looks like dealers will still be relevant.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CuddlyRiolu View Post
    Good luck getting a job if you smoke it regularly, cause remember you still have to take a drug test and that shit don't leave your system until a month later.
    Actually, it leaves your body differently from person to person. It depends on your matabolism (i think thats the right spelling for it). One of my bodies smoked weed and the next day had to do a drug test and passed. But yes, it can take up to a month for it to go away.

Also, where i work our GM has already did a speech about it on the possiblity of it being legal and said that "tests will only be issued if they hold reason to believe you are doing to offten. They said they will subject you to do it multiple times in a given time and see how much you have done it. If they see you are doing it so often, then your job or employment possibilites will be questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    holy crap. dat tax. 25%? seriously?

well, even though it will be legal, looks like dealers will still be relevant.
    I still think dealers will be out and about selling. Its more like "wait and get it cheaper or get it now for an extra price" kind of deal.

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

I can't wait for this shit to happen. I mean good lord if this is ever legalized, it will boost the damn economy from all the stoners no longer wasting their money on backyard dealers and doing it legally and in doing so paying a little extra because of the taxes but since it will be legal and they don't have to worry about it well there you go. The only down side is they will more than likely start doing shit to it just like cigs to make it addictive and what not.

Weed by itself is NOT addictive, there are no addictive properties in it what so ever, however people can get addicted. People with addictive personalities can still get addicted to it even if there are no properties in it that cause that sort of affect. As well to the fact that almost everything people think about marijuana is completely wrong as all hell and just plain stupid.

Take it from someone who has studied, smoked, and done many different things with weed. I have studied a lot around the use and affects of marijuana, and hell people who thinks it kills brain cells and makes you stupid, YOU'RE STUPID lolz because that is one of the worst statements and ideas ever because it isn't true either.

If it is legalized, places will have to change their drug policies because if it is legal in the state it will no longer be a "drug" and chances are you can't really abuse the use of marijuana so for them to have a policy on that will be rather retarded. It's no difference than smoking, yeah you can over do it but it needs to be treated like alcohol since it does alter your mind and some things a small bit while it is in your system, then you should not be allowed to smoke it while on the job or if smoked before the job same crap should be done as if you were drinking on or before the job.

I personally can't wait till it becomes legal in most states and become legal all around. It will never do that much harm, it doesn't kill people the way drunk drivers do or the way smoking does to a person, although I will say that your heart rate increases quite a damn bit while smoking it, it really does no damage to your body and what not. So can't wait! LOLZ

Thread Information