Thread: Legalize it!

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: CarpeVexillum

Re: Legalize it!

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    There is no such thing as "Medical Marijuana". Marijuana is Marijuana no matter how you look at it. How it is used for medical is to relax your nervs and trigger your imune system (i know thats spelt wrong lol). They try to use that as an advantage to help people that struggle eating and pain release. There is nothing "Medical" about it, only that it is being used in the Medical Feild of work.
    Just to help you understand. By this logic Aspirin, hormone treatment, vaccinations, and antibiotics have nothing medical about them other than they are used in that field of work. As well as other 'medical drugs and treatments'.

Just because its not packed with medication and foreign substances doesn't mean its not 'medical'. If it benefits a certain symptom of stress, chronic nerve disorder, cancer, and other things. Its medical - because it assists in relieving a symptom &/or side effect.

=p

I am Tsundere.
    (ツンデレ) a character type that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

Blog Posts

This is actually a pretty good thread. Everyone's being respectful and talking about something that has meaning. I'm really happy to see that.

I'm against smoking marijuana, but I know it can help. Legalizing it could be both good and bad. And I can't predict the future. So I don't know how it would work or what will happen. Only time will tell

Fuck buying it at the store with a tax. Ima grow my own shit! (if it gets legalized) haha

Blog Posts

I'm pro-legalization (decriminalization, really)

I would like to say that recreational weed CAN have negative side affects.
    As an on-off smoker myself it has given me bouts of depression from quitting, some laziness, as well as slightly hampered my lung capacity.

Nothing major, but saying that it is 100% completely harm free isn't being fair. There ARE (small) negative side affects. In moderation they can be avoided.
    Driving while high is still extremely unsafe.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AftershocK View Post
    Fuck buying it at the store with a tax. Ima grow my own shit! (if it gets legalized) haha
    Sadly, that will still be against the law. You must have a permit (which will be extreamly hard to get) in order to grow without breaking the law. If it can be taxed all the time, fine you could get away with it, but if it cant, it will still be illegal for that.

Otherwise id do it to :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhawk View Post
    I'm pro-legalization (decriminalization, really)

I would like to say that recreational weed CAN have negative side affects.
    As an on-off smoker myself it has given me bouts of depression from quitting, some laziness, as well as slightly hampered my lung capacity.

Nothing major, but saying that it is 100% completely harm free isn't being fair. There ARE (small) negative side affects. In moderation they can be avoided.
    Driving while high is still extremely unsafe.
    Yes. There ARE side affects like you said. However those side affects have been found to go away after a certin amount of time.

Operating Machines or anything along those lines will be bad if the operator is high or intoxicated. Due to them being paranoid, they will think they are being safer. While they truelly aren't. I was lucky to be with a friend that was really good at driving normally and while high. But not everyone is like that and i DO NOT recomend ever trying to find out.

Thank you for your imput

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    Sadly, that will still be against the law. You must have a permit (which will be extreamly hard to get) in order to grow without breaking the law. If it can be taxed all the time, fine you could get away with it, but if it cant, it will still be illegal for that.

Otherwise id do it to :P
    Seeds will be super easy to buy, it'll be illegal but smoking at all is illegal now lol

I would definitely grow. Maybe there will be a small amount that you'd be allowed to grow, just like medical marijuana.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhawk View Post
    Seeds will be super easy to buy, it'll be illegal but smoking at all is illegal now lol

I would definitely grow. Maybe there will be a small amount that you'd be allowed to grow, just like medical marijuana.
    Maybe that will pass later down the reoab on another bill. But the current bill for both Washington and Colorado state that recreational growing of Marijuana will remain illegal, unless it can be taxed regularly. :/

I was born Awesome.
    It chose me

Side effects of smoking weed varies. Some people have those similar symptoms as Deathhawk has experienced and others have had other experiences. I use to be a smoker and very rarely do I smoke now. When I do smoke the only thing that happens is I get tired and go to sleep.

And there is such thing as Medical Marijuana. Marijuana is used as a pain killer for the most part. It's actually a very good one at that. it also helps people who have bad vision.

A little story:

My aunt was diagnosed with breast caner. She had to take at least 40 pills a day to help her with the pain she suffered everyday from the treatments and surgery she endured. The pills didn't help her, she was still in pain. So one day a friend asked her if she wanted to smoke weed to maybe help ease her pain. She did and she felt so much better. When she went to her doctors he asked her if she smoked marijuana. She said "Honestly doctor I did smoke weed this one time." The doctor literally said, "Good, because if you didn't already I was going to suggest that you should."

40 pills a day and my aunt was STILL in pain. And these were not just low gram pills. She had the highest Oxycontin prescription that they can give you and it was the weed that made her feel better. If I didn't witness it with my own eyes I would prolly have been against legalizing marijuana. But it can do some good.
    "No More Miss Nice Bear Time To Bring Out My Claws"

Legalize it!

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ReiBear View Post
    Side effects of smoking weed varies. Some people have those similar symptoms as Deathhawk has experienced and others have had other experiences. I use to be a smoker and very rarely do I smoke now. When I do smoke the only thing that happens is I get tired and go to sleep.

And there is such thing as Medical Marijuana. Marijuana is used as a pain killer for the most part. It's actually a very good one at that. it also helps people who have bad vision.

A little story:

My aunt was diagnosed with breast caner. She had to take at least 40 pills a day to help her with the pain she suffered everyday from the treatments and surgery she endured. The pills didn't help her, she was still in pain. So one day a friend asked her if she wanted to smoke weed to maybe help ease her pain. She did and she felt so much better. When she went to her doctors he asked her if she smoked marijuana. She said "Honestly doctor I did smoke weed this one time." The doctor literally said, "Good, because if you didn't already I was going to suggest that you should."

40 pills a day and my aunt was STILL in pain. And these were not just low gram pills. She had the highest Oxycontin prescription that they can give you and it was the weed that made her feel better. If I didn't witness it with my own eyes I would prolly have been against legalizing marijuana. But it can do some good.
    wow, that was actually touching. Thanks for sharing that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AftershocK View Post
    Legalize it!
    2 times you have posted... both basically mean the samething lol

I was born Awesome.
    It chose me

Thread Information