Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Halo 4 Specializations

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...player-forever

Actually pretty happy with these. They don't seem like "CoD" perks, as I originally had feared. Actually, they look really awesome. Everyone should already know I call the Pathfinder, Gunner Mod

Too bad 343 is only releasing two for release and making them "pay to get" unless you want to wait -__- Kind of low of them ...
    I Call dibs on rogue then lol

but yea can't wait to unlock them, especially since im getting the limited edition and can do just that at launch

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Real quickly, I'm sure you guys have seen the flag/oddball assassination clips that 343i released at SDCC (if you haven't, take a look at the bottom of my post). Notice two things that I guarantee you we're purposefully placed in the films to catch our eyes.

The first one is obvious, before the player assassinated the unsuspecting player with the flag, he is carrying his sidearm along with him. This add's an importance to your side-arm in objective because you most likely wont be able to do this with a primary.

The second one may have slipped passed unnoticed but people weren't looking for it, watch the clip again and you might notice (if you haven't already) that the player who assassinates the other player didn't have the oddball at first, it was 'thrown' to him by the player in front of him, literally 'thrown' . . . like a fast ball down the middle of home plate (not like Halo 3 or Reach lobbed but actually thrown).

Makes me wonder what kind of things players can do in other objective gametypes now . . . I'm very interested to see.

Here is the vid that the Halo4follower dude made, you don't actually have to watch the entire vid, but the assassinations are at the beginning:

(By Ireland Wolf)

Blog Posts

That actually looks annoying, with the objective throwing ... if I'm beasting with a rifle, someone can just troll around and toss me the objective and make me use my secondary? O.o Hopefully you both have to press a button at the same time while he's looking at you or something.

I DO love, however, that you CAN use your secondary with the objective now. Always thought that would be sick. And the assassinations look awesome as usual.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

yeah, i love the idea of planting the flag in my enemies.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

That actually looks annoying, with the objective throwing ... if I'm beasting with a rifle, someone can just troll around and toss me the objective and make me use my secondary? O.o Hopefully you both have to press a button at the same time while he's looking at you or something.

I DO love, however, that you CAN use your secondary with the objective now. Always thought that would be sick. And the assassinations look awesome as usual.
    Wait huh?

I'm assuming that you still have to press a button to grab the objective. So even if your teammate throws you the objective you don't have to grab it. Although I can already see some sick power plays with the whole throwing of the oddball (not positive that you can do it with every GT).

Let's see now . . . Football and Baseball are now possibilities in Halo (assuming that you can actually hit the oddball and make it go flying) . . . I can already see a baseball bat that acts as a gravity hammer.
    Last edited by SuRroundeD By 1; 08-15-2012 at 01:14 PM.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Blog Posts

I was making a hunch that you can't throw the objective like that. Otherwise, it would be WAY too easy to just slide the flag across the Map by tossing it extreme distances. I'm guessing that the only reason it went that fast was because he was a team-mate and they pressed a button combination or something. I doubt you're allowed to toss it at team-mates without their approval of a button press or something or you could easily just toss the objective up to a team-mate on a second floor, even if he's not paying attention, just to get the obejctive out of play.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

I was making a hunch that you can't throw the objective like that. Otherwise, it would be WAY too easy to just slide the flag across the Map by tossing it extreme distances. I'm guessing that the only reason it went that fast was because he was a team-mate and they pressed a button combination or something. I doubt you're allowed to toss it at team-mates without their approval of a button press or something or you could easily just toss the objective up to a team-mate on a second floor, even if he's not paying attention, just to get the obejctive out of play.
    Maybe, but before I say what I was going to say next, I don't know for sure if you can throw things like flags, I only saw this happen to the oddball, so maybe you can't throw flags. But, after watching the gameplay, I'm assuming that you can just throw the objective in any direction that you're aiming. I'm sure it's balanced out like, you can't throw it huge distances, maybe throw it a few dozen feet in front of you or something. I'm sure 343i has thought about it though, if it even is a feature.

(By Ireland Wolf)

This just in from gamescom: Limited Edition, DLC, and Specializations info.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Building off of what Max posted, here is this weeks bulletin: https://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headline...tin-81512.aspx

Reveals a little bit more about specializations, and gives us a few emblems and weapon skins . . . also, if you look closely it gives you the names of the weird forerunner weapons shown.

The name of the first is the Suppressor (probably a forerunner AR) and the next is a boltshot (forerunner pistol).

(By Ireland Wolf)

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: CarpeVexillum

Haters gonna hate. Things have to change. I don't mind any of the changes. I mean honestly what can you really complain about until you play it. For generations Halo Players have complained about it being so Vanilla. This is the mix up that the series needs to survive as a continuing generation of game. Ive said it before - if you want a previous Halo game go play it. But this is Halo 4. Deal. ;3

I am Tsundere.
    (ツンデレ) a character type that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

Thread Information