Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Posts

Halo 4 Specializations

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...player-forever

Actually pretty happy with these. They don't seem like "CoD" perks, as I originally had feared. Actually, they look really awesome. Everyone should already know I call the Pathfinder, Gunner Mod

Too bad 343 is only releasing two for release and making them "pay to get" unless you want to wait -__- Kind of low of them ...
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Blog Posts

Re: Halo 4 Specializations

FC is about to get so god damn tactical....

Love it.

I'm right back at it again...

Blog Posts

I'm confused about how FC will deal with the whole simulation thing H4 has... But these actually look really good. Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...player-forever

Actually pretty happy with these. They don't seem like "CoD" perks, as I originally had feared. Actually, they look really awesome. Everyone should already know I call the Pathfinder, Gunner Mod

Too bad 343 is only releasing two for release and making them "pay to get" unless you want to wait -__- Kind of low of them ...
    Do you mean that you pay with credits or microsoft points?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Arbiter1 View Post
    Do you mean that you pay with credits or microsoft points?
    He means you have to get the limited edition, in order to get all of the specializations on release day (there are 8 total), otherwise you have to wait for the other six to be released (you only get 2 if you don't get the limited edition).

Also, the rogue seems a bit overpowered in my mind.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Blog Posts

cR.

And we have to wait to see exactly how things work in H4 before we do anything with FC customization.

I'm right back at it again...

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

There are some players who . . . as soon as they heard that Halo would have customized classes, RAGED A STORM AND FLAMED 343i TO THIS DAY.

But I didn't really mind, I can handle the new AA's, aside from PV they don't look too bad. When I heard about the Tactical and Support Packages my mind became a little skeptical; however, after looking at them and thinking about how they would effect gameplay, I figured that even they were pretty harmless. Choosing Primaries, secondaries, AA's, and both of your packages doesn't seem to be as ground breaking as I first thought it would be . . . however . . . specializations are pushing the envelope . . .

Wetworks doesn't look too bad, I'll still be able to see them on radar and I'm working on my situational awareness, plus, faster assassinations? Yes please.

Pioneer . . . faster XP? Who cares . . . XP doesn't have anything to do with how well you'll play in game . . . and it is no indicator of individual skill. No problem here.

I'm hesitant about Engineer . . . I can already see people seeing the ordinance and camping by it, waiting for players to pop by and killing them before grabbing the ordinance for themselves . . . I'm not sure about this one. I mean, having the advantage of knowing where a power weapon will spawn, not because you've timed it or have enough experience to guess where it's coming, but because you picked a certain perk is BS, imo.

Tracker? Getting a second chance on your drops . . . this could get annoying but it is random . . .

Not too happy about Rogue . . . I liked it better in the previous Halo's, where if I was getting shot from afar, a well placed shot by me could give me the time I need to get to cover. Now, that isn't possible, and now players can make the best of poor movement choices and engagement decisions.

Stalker . . . oh I could get pretty damn angry at this one. I could rant for paragraphs about why people shouldn't be able to see me after death or why its other effect is dumb as well but I'll let you guys piece it together.

Pathfinder? Nothing bad about this one . . . warthog turrets never used to overheat anyway so it's something I'm used too . . . not bad.

Operator . . . well, this can get extremely annoying, if an enemy team has a warthog hard pounding our asses and we finally stall it than we should have that precious time to try and take it down. Although, we spawn with Plasma Pistols now, so I can't be completely hateful towards this yet . . . the PP spam might balance this out.

Still . . . I feel that players are getting too many options to distance themselves from each other. Players used to spawn equal, fend for yourself you get what you earn . . . I'm afraid that things are getting a little too crazy.

(By Ireland Wolf)

FC Janitor
    #RIPHarryTheChin
    #RIPClearSh0t
    Blog Posts

Gay, take us back to Halo 2 MM
    U.S. Navy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    The Janitor God has no birthday. The Janitor God is forever.

Blog Posts

There's good and bad things about it. But it will be the way it is. All we can do is hope it's not messed up too badly

let me clear some things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    cR. (in referance to how to unlock new specializations.)

incorrect. only 2 specializations will be available at start, barring limited edition buyers. the rest will be unlocked at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    FC is about to get so god damn tactical....

Love it.

i'd love it too, but there's probably going to be an option to turn specializations off, or set it so everyone is the same specialization. MLG won't let them not have that feature.

Quote Originally Posted by SuRroundeD By 1 View Post
    I'm hesitant about Engineer . . . I can already see people seeing the ordinance and camping by it, waiting for players to pop by and killing them before grabbing the ordinance for themselves . . . I'm not sure about this one. I mean, having the advantage of knowing where a power weapon will spawn, not because you've timed it or have enough experience to guess where it's coming, but because you picked a certain perk is BS, imo.

the extra time isn't that long. it was mentioned that it would be maybe 10 seconds or so before hand. that's enough for an observant player to note where it'll land and start running for 3-5 second before it lands. i don't think it'll be game-breaking.

Not too happy about Rogue . . . I liked it better in the previous Halo's, where if I was getting shot from afar, a well placed shot by me could give me the time I need to get to cover. Now, that isn't possible, and now players can make the best of poor movement choices and engagement decisions.
    although you will stay in your scope, if your a sniper or something, your reticule will still move from the impact of the bullet. it's not like they can just sit through your shots scoped in with no loss.

Stalker . . . oh I could get pretty damn angry at this one. I could rant for paragraphs about why people shouldn't be able to see me after death or why its other effect is dumb as well but I'll let you guys piece it together.
    ...I kind of agree on this one. but think of it this way, if you know an enemy has stalker on, you can set some pretty nasty traps.

Operator . . . well, this can get extremely annoying, if an enemy team has a warthog hard pounding our asses and we finally stall it than we should have that precious time to try and take it down. Although, we spawn with Plasma Pistols now, so I can't be completely hateful towards this yet . . . the PP spam might balance this out.

PP still affects the vehicle, just not as long. personally, i think this should be done by default, it's ridiculously easy to stunlock a tank and have one guy run across the map to kill it.

And one thing i should mention, the "perks" for each specialization are supposedly unlocked at level 10(max, i think) of each specialization. So you will have to earn them and i hate that. more like cod every update on the game. ah well.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Thread Information