Re: Everything Forward Unto Dawn

I want BLUE Team to reunite in Halo 4. So badly :'(

As for Hunter's shit that'll be a cake walk for Fred Kelly and John :p

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

The episodes so far have been amazing, but I don't think John would have just said "I'm master chief lulz hai guise" (exaggerating of course, but still) and I love the way that laskey is having it told from his perspective. I love his story thus far, it's quite interesting to say the least. I really felt for him when it came to his brother.. When that dick (Vickers, I believe?) Said something along the lines of "It must hurt your mom to know her real son is never coming home" I would've fucking killed him.

Truly great episodes and I can't wait for the finale, honestly.

Blog Posts

It's possible that John would have in fact referred to himself as "Master Chief" to the cadets. I'm sure it was just something for the fans... But, look at this way...

Covenant are attacking. 99.99% of the planet is dead already. His objective is to secure those cadets, and allow them to escape. They've never heard of the SPARTAN Program. He needs them on his side ASAP. He needs to get them to safety. His fellow Spartans call him Master Chief, or "The Chief" quite often. Someone like John would tell them to call him Master Chief because that's what his fellow Spartans call him. And that's all he knows. He doesn't know to say "Hi, my name is John. Nice to meet you" to be friendly. It's simply "Call me Master Chief" and then proceeding immediately. I think that if this was real, it would be to make things quick, and for John, to make it feel like he's being friendly and welcoming. Even though he's still thought of as a giant scary robot with a gun.

I know it's for the fans, but what he said is still plausible.

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

Quote Originally Posted by Coda View Post
    It's possible that John would have in fact referred to himself as "Master Chief" to the cadets. I'm sure it was just something for the fans... But, look at this way...

Covenant are attacking. 99.99% of the planet is dead already. His objective is to secure those cadets, and allow them to escape. They've never heard of the SPARTAN Program. He needs them on his side ASAP. He needs to get them to safety. His fellow Spartans call him Master Chief, or "The Chief" quite often. Someone like John would tell them to call him Master Chief because that's what his fellow Spartans call him. And that's all he knows. He doesn't know to say "Hi, my name is John. Nice to meet you" to be friendly. It's simply "Call me Master Chief" and then proceeding immediately. I think that if this was real, it would be to make things quick, and for John, to make it feel like he's being friendly and welcoming. Even though he's still thought of as a giant scary robot with a gun.

I know it's for the fans, but what he said is still plausible.
    Technically he probably should have said he is Master Chief Pretty Officer Spartan 117. Then they could have called him Master Chief and it would have been cannon accurate and helped the fans.

That wouldn't flow with the scene

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

Quote Originally Posted by Lol its James View Post
    That wouldn't flow with the scene
    Oh no of course not, it's Hollywood so they'd never make things "real world" accurate.

Exactly xD

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nocte View Post
    I want BLUE Team to reunite in Halo 4. So badly :'(
    Hell fucking yes dude. I'm reading Onyx right now. Rereading I should say, so I can read Glasslands and The Thursday War. Then, Cryptum and Primordium come tomorrow. I have alot of shit to do before Halo 4 comes out. Also have to play Halo 3 again.

Big question. Is everything that happens in the books canon?
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Graycochea View Post
    Hell fucking yes dude. I'm reading Onyx right now. Rereading I should say, so I can read Glasslands and The Thursday War. Then, Cryptum and Primordium come tomorrow. I have alot of shit to do before Halo 4 comes out. Also have to play Halo 3 again.

Big question. Is everything that happens in the books canon?
    Books are the most canon thing out there lol.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

I mean are they accepted as canon by Bungie? I have a friend who says that they aren't and the internet says that they are. Are there any instances where Bungie or 343 has themselves said that the books are canon?

Also, 2 of the posts in page 7 of this thread are absolute wins. I'll find them later and post quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

Thread Information