Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Blog Posts

Do away with the FM participation limit

Thought about it, and one of the things that doesn't really make sense to me is that the FM can participate in battles only once per calendar month and in the HiCom battle at the conclusion of the war. I think this is unnecessary, most of the time the FM would be the one to set up matches but there is no real reason to limit it so much, as the HiCom is capable of doing it as well.

When Wu Ch'i was a general he took the same food and wore the same clothes as the lowliest of his troops. On his bed, there was no mat; on the march he did not mount his horse; he himself carried his reserve rations. He shared exhaustion and bitter toil with his troops.
    BLUE Major General Ret.

Re: Do away with the FM participation limit

it's literally just so there's a garunteed person setting up matches. the general and other highcom members often go into games themselves. if the entire high com is in games....well...
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Blog Posts

This would be pre determined, If someone needed to do it the FM or another HiCom member would step up to do it. There's a reason why they're there. They have to look at the big picture and assess if it would be ok for which members to participate in a battle. They're not thoughtless or inconsiderate like that. Plus I'd like to take a few more cracks at the opposing teams FM every now and again. I'm sure the REDDs feel the same way.
    Last edited by Rokkman X; 08-31-2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: my effing k key is shitting out on me
    BLUE Major General Ret.

Blog Posts

Not necessarily. I actually agree with the limit. It sucks, but when you agree to be the FM you know that you'll be sacrificing certain things. Majority of my time in high com has been sacrificing certain things to ensure your army is doing good. Yeah other high com members could do it, but it's just nice to know you have one guy you can always depend on. One guy that understands the situation with his army. What squads work well together, who leads what squad (co/xo), what gametype wins do we need, etc.

When Unlucky works, I usually fill in as FM and even I find a few troubles now and then cuz I'm not the regular FM and dont understand 100% of eveything.

I'm right back at it again...

We did this so that the HC doesn't get shafted by the Field Marshal who can order them to run Battle Nights so that he can play.

The FM position has this roll as they lead the army.

Also, that's why the General Position is the best spot in this community.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

There are differences between the position of Field Marshal and the other HC positions.

The Field Marshal position is rarely an appointed position. You have to apply for it and be elected usually. The rest of HC, though, is appointed by the FM.

If you apply to be FM, you are not merely getting a promotion to the next rank of HC or something, you are changing the way you look at the community and interact with it.

The FM sacrifices the fun he would have on Sundays so that he can allow others to have fun instead. The FM position is not supposed to be fun, it is supposed to be a job.

We used to have FMs play more often in battles (such as the First Reach War) and it caused a few problems. So, in the middle of that war we created the limit to ensure that the battle nights ran smoothly and effectively, but that they still have the option to play every now and then.

However, with the limit, the majority of FMs don't even play the one battle night a month that they have the option to. This is because they take their job seriously and would rather let others have fun instead. (or at least that's what they should be thinking).
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

It was in the FM handbook....What? did any of you ever read it?
    And thats why General is the best position in the army
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

I remember that back in the day (H3) tied maps were decided by a High Comm vs High Comm battle. All the squads would be sitting around waiting for those matches to end just to see who one. It created that sorta "My dad can kick your dad's ass" feel to it.

Al Capone111 doesn't do what Al Capone111 does for Al Capone111.
    Al Capone111 does what Al Capone111 does because Al Capone111 is Al Capone111.

I'm not an asshole, I'm just not afraid to say how I feel.

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Personally, when I was at the top I rarely liked playing...being in that FM position kind of gives you a feeling of playing a RTS where you're directing what troops are fighting where and who. Sure playing more would be more fun, but as stated above several times, the FM accepts the sacrifice of playing in order to make sure others are having fun. I'm sure that whoever is FM feels good when they know that their army is having fun playing. Anyone in the FM position has had plenty of time being a grunt and on the frontlines of battles. When they get the honorable role of becoming FM, I'm sure their #1 priority is to make sure everyone else is having as much fun as the FM did at the grunt levels.

I created Hill 30

You wouldnt understand till you get to the HC position.

I think we also decided because it was more "realistic" i guess.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Thread Information