Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Planning Ahead...

With just under two months left until Halo 4's release, HighCom has been working hard to get things set up when we go back into battle in a new realm. They are not the only ones working hard as well though. The website development team (aka Myth and I) have been working on what is going to happen to the website. In anticipation of what's coming, I have to take certain measures. You might have noticed the donation goal has gotten stupidly large. $260. This is no typo, that is really the new goal. You guys ask why. Well here is your reasons.

1). November marks the same month I have to renew licenses on software we use on the website. This happens every year, but I just let it slip past everyone because it's just bothersome.

2). Majority of it goes into upgrading our forum software. If you have a keen eye, you notice we run vBulletin 4.2.0. Later this year, vB will be releasing version 5.0. I have looked into what the new version offers us and I think what it will provide will be great for the community and the ease of management of the website. Members and Administrators alike have a lot to gain from the new software.

3.) Smallest portion of the donation amount, undisclosed confidential HighCom business, that only concerns HighCom. (HighCom, go read the thread I am referencing!) Basically everyone else ignore this as it's just a reminder to HighCom. =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Metkil5685 View Post
    Sorry I was vague about the HighCom thing. This was me actually just telling HighCom to help resolve something we have going on. It accounted for $20 of the total. HighCom has already taken care of this. HighCom if your confused about this for any reason, please message me.

Now, I am not asking everyone to somehow actually donate this much, that's just wrong. However, every little bit helps. There are actually two methods you can do help with this.

1). The most obvious is to just donate to the website using the donate buttons around the website. This is the most direct and easiest way to contribute to this.

2). Turn off your ad-blockers and visit the site more. The more you guys view the website with those advertisements being displayed, the more you help. Now, don't set up programs/macros/bots to just refresh the site or things like that because those kinds of things are detected and won't do anything. Just legitimentaly visit the website more often and get involved more. Every time you visit the site, you help the site.

So that's it. That's why the donation bar is looking stupid. I really hope you guys help out and donate, but if you can't just visit the site more often!

Thanks everyone!

Metkil5685
    Website Administrator
    Last edited by Metkil5685; 09-17-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Blog Posts

Re: Planning Ahead...

Don't know if i'll be able to donate... but I visit the site all the time and don't use ad blockers. I'll try and visit even more. I hope others do the same, and/or donate more money this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Coda View Post
    Don't know if i'll be able to donate... but I visit the site all the time and don't use ad blockers. I'll try and visit even more. I hope others do the same, and/or donate more money this month.
    Every little bit helps even if it just visiting the site. =)

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

might throw $10 to the website later... right now i have to watch for upcoming bills..

But is it that we have to reach $260 by the ned of the month? or till November?

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

Sounds great Metikil!

- - - Updated - - -

and I didn't see that HC thread you were talking about, i'll look around though.

I visit the site all day everyday even when I am at work. I will donate!
    "No More Miss Nice Bear Time To Bring Out My Claws"

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    might throw $10 to the website later... right now i have to watch for upcoming bills..

But is it that we have to reach $260 by the ned of the month? or till November?
    It's just a general number. The quicker we reach it, the quicker we upgrade. =D

I get paid every two weeks. Tomorrow is my pay day so I will chip in some dinero. Hey...if I win big on a scratch ticket tomorrow I will even pay the whole thing lol So wish me luck!

- - - Updated - - -

I just donated 5 bucks for now. That was all I had until tomorrow.
    "No More Miss Nice Bear Time To Bring Out My Claws"

"undisclosed confidential HighCom business"

so, you want our hard earned money for cocaine/weed(your preferance) and hookers?

'ight, you make a good argument!
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    so, you want our hard earned money for cocaine/weed(your preferance) and hookers?
    Actually I need it for more Whiskey, and Gargoyle needs the hookers cause his sex is dry

Thread Information