Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Posts

MJOLNIR GEN2 Thoughts

I decided to share some of my thoughts on the new generation of the MJOLNIR PAA (Powered Assault Armour)

When I first saw some of the helmets, I thought they all looked ridiculous and stupid. I hated pretty much all of them. Visors are all weird, not the same shape, everything just changed way too much for me. I couldn't handle it. But, now that I've thought about it a bit more, I kind of like it. Some of them I still don't really like. But that was the same with Halo REACH. I didn't like some of the helmets, and won't wear them.

With the Mark VI for example, there's that nice big visor that same look it's always had. With the RECON helmet, there's that much thinner visor. Or if you look at EOD, there's two eye holes (or in reach it's a small visor). All of these helmets are very different. Now, If you look at the new generation, there's still some of that. Same kind of visor. But, there's some really weird ones.
    exclusive-skin-details.jpgMJOLNIR_CIO_armor_(Web).png
    Look at those pictures. The visors are really odd. I really didn't like that at first. But like I said, I've thought about it more. That kind of visor can add a bit of a fear factor to the SPARTAN IVs. It makes it look human, but not quite human. You don't want to fight one of those.

hologram.png
    It's the same with that one. Do you really want something like that running up to you with a rifle? Or what if it had this?
    thruster-pack.png

It all can make stuff scarier. Imagine being an insurrectionist, hiding behind a barricade with an assault rifle. You get up to return fire. You see that heading straight at you. That could make you wet your pants. It's the same thing while fighting covenant. Even if they're aliens, you're gonna want to scare them a bit. If you read the Halo: Glasslands novel,
    an elite sees a spartan, and is scared of it because of how strong and fast they are. It's covered in armour. It doesn't even look human anymore. It's almost like a robot. Something you don't expect to fight in war.
    And it works the same way with this. But this time, it's magnified. The GEN2 armour doesn't even look entirely human anymore. It changes it a bit. I don't like all the helmets, but even the weird ones can be pretty cool.

With these new, Promethean weaponry, and the scarier MJOLNIR PAA, I think it makes the SPARTAN IV program quite successful, even if we don't all like this new armour.

Those are some of my thoughts. What do you guys think about this new armour? Good? Bad? Both?

Blog Posts

Re: MJOLNIR GEN2 Thoughts

Customization is suppose to be even bigger than Reach with armor. There's really bound to be a few everyone will gravitate toward.

I'm right back at it again...

Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

Awww YEAH!!! Cannot wait for that shiz!!!

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

i like the armor im getting with my xbox

fotus.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut9473 View Post
    i like the armor im getting with my xbox

fotus.jpg
    Are you a rhinoceros?
    Or a unicorn?
    Or gay?
    :P
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

Well you do get a unicorn emblem with the preorder console as well...and its been dubed the unicorn armor...but I'm going with the rinho...it looks badass if you ask me

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

I loved the Reach armor right from the beginning, the Halo 4 armor I look at is ok but not amazing. But the one thing that bugs me about the new spartans is the stupid huge things on their backs which I think is a jump pack? I don't really know what they are but that's the thing that bugs me the most.

Blog Posts

They still look too much like Power Rangers. I don't know, they look TOO bulky, I like the small, sleek designs from like Halo 3 and Halo 2 better.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

I miss the armor from Halo 2.

These look to be the worst looking in the series. They don't look like SPARTANS, they look like robots.

Honestly, everytime I see that armor I think it's just a copy/paste off of Vanquish. It just looks silly.
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

Blog Posts

I agree, they look a bit weird. Very different from what we're all used to. But hey, we could all grow to love em. I say give them a chance. Some actually look pretty cool

Thread Information