Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: MJOLNIR GEN2 Thoughts

I just want to say, having three armor colors in Halo 3 did not work, and I do not think having random stripes/splotches all over your armor will work either. The human armor, for me, has always been about a lot of lines and empty space. Kind of like Clint Eastwood: he just stands there, straight as a waterboard, silent as the lambs, but with the power of a brick wall and the scowl of a cornered bear. Now, imagine Clint with a perm and a polka-dotted poncho, and that's what I think of the new Halo armor.

What I'm trying to say is that it's still kind of awesome, but it's also really gay, and not what I was hoping for.

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Update, people who have played the game say that the armor looks much better in-game than they do in the screen captures we've been given.

But I haven't played the game myself yet and I don't really know. Just what some people have been saying on the Waypoint forums.

(By Ireland Wolf)

The Beast Within
    The Original Space Cat
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    They still look too much like Power Rangers. I don't know, they look TOO bulky, I like the small, sleek designs from like Halo 3 and Halo 2 better.
    To me not Power Rangers, but Bionicles if anyone remembers those.

Now with Low Level Radiation!

Blog Posts

I can see the part about Bionicles.

Like I said though, there's BOUND to be at least one helmet that someone will like. Especially if they have attachments like in Reach. I know some of the attachments in Reach drastically changed some helmets, so we'll see I guess.

I'm right back at it again...

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    I can see the part about Bionicles.

Like I said though, there's BOUND to be at least one helmet that someone will like. Especially if they have attachments like in Reach. I know some of the attachments in Reach drastically changed some helmets, so we'll see I guess.
    I agree. There will be some that people love. But it'll take some time to get used to the different kind of armour.

I don't think armor will effect my gameplay so I don't care about them. How my spartan looks won't change the outcome of a match.
    TROLL TEAM

Blog Posts

The packs on their backs are their shielding units, but if it looks even bigger then that I think it's the thruster pack. Either way 343 already said they were making the Spartans bigger looking. If you read the books the descriptions of Spartans in their armor makes it seem like that are FUCKING HUGE! So 343 really wants to portray that in Halo 4.

I like the Gen II armor looks badass, much more customization, which means you feel like a Spartan.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Blog Posts

1024px-Tracker2.png

I thought this helmet looked like one of the weird ones.. But I actually really like this one. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Coda View Post
    1024px-Tracker2.png

I thought this helmet looked like one of the weird ones.. But I actually really like this one. What do you guys think?
    It looks exactly like CQB from Halo 3 but with three lights in the middle instead of a visor.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    It looks exactly like CQB from Halo 3 but with three lights in the middle instead of a visor.
    There are some similarities, of course, but I have to disagree with your statement. All helmets will have some similarities to each other. Size, shape, features, etc. But I don't think it looks notably like CQB. I am interested on what you think looks so similar about the helmet. Perhaps you could even change my opinion on the helmet. Care to give some more information?

Thread Information