Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FC Update 2.1

Re: FC Update 2.1

How about no....
    The fuck you looking at, asshat?

x: 176.06 y: 124.57 z: 27.97

Raz: Dinner= MY HERO
    Loco: dinner is the win
    Donkey: I should take Dinner out to dinner.

Rosario Vampire Topic= The Record of FC forever. 128 Pages.

Forerunner of Fire and Divinity PhoenixPrime's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: wsxphoenix

Well, the Hardpoints really only drag the war out around the same time as a standard invasion game in matchmaking does. There's only one game per Hardpoint, and only one team from either army plays in that game.

It isn't as complicated as it seems.

"You must begin by gaining power over yourself; then another; then a group, an order, a world, a species, a group of species; finally, the galaxy itself."

Monday: 4:30-6:30
    Tuesday: 8:00-6:00
    Wednesday: 4:30-6:30
    Thursday: 8:00-11:30 & 3:00-6:30
    Friday: 9:30-6:30

Angel, thank you for using small words.
    The fuck you looking at, asshat?

x: 176.06 y: 124.57 z: 27.97

Raz: Dinner= MY HERO
    Loco: dinner is the win
    Donkey: I should take Dinner out to dinner.

Rosario Vampire Topic= The Record of FC forever. 128 Pages.

Blog Posts

Red is about to attack the Blue Capital. Blue has just purchased three hardpoints for a total of 12 credits. Red must first win three invasion games before they are able to attack the Blue Capital. Let's say that Red only wins two of the invasion games. They are then unable to attack the Blue Capital that night, and Blue is then freed up to declare an attack that night, as a counter-assault. This is how Invasion gametypes will be implemented in the wars.
    That sounds like a bad idea to me. Shouldn't we be trying to make the wars faster? If you had 3 hardpoints, and green was attacking yellow, and yellow used 1 hardpoint every week and played their best guys for each week, that would certainly drag the war out.

I don't really agree with the shop at all, to be honest. Communication is already lacking alot.
    When in doubt, K.I.S.S. Keep. It. Simple. Stupid.
    While it's a very cool idea, Brigades, Garrisons, Shop, I don't know that we have the manpower and communication to tell everyone what's going on. I suppose it's the commanding officers responsibility to tell other people, but when the stress of a battle night and organizing gets going, this will only make it more hectic. And, for no obvious reason. What was wrong with the old engagement system? Other than being old. "If it ain't broke, Don't fix it."

Another thing I don't agree with is the use of a custom map for a CAPITAL. It's the most important battle of the war!
    Not everyone will be able to practice, so they will have NO idea what is going on. It's not fair to everyone. Use a map that's been around for a while, long enough so people know how to play. You could try and do scrims waaay earlier, but those are often hard to set up, especially for Red Army, in the state they're in. It just reeks of poor planning, but maybe I'm overlooking something here.

HEADHUNTER has been added to the lineup. In the FC version, only headshots yield the flaming skulls. The score is unlimited, and your team has 15 minutes to get all the skulls you can! There is a twist, however. If you have a skull in your possession, you get a %10 speed boost! If you have ten skulls, you get more damage power, and damage resistance, in addition to your speed boost. Kind of makes a game where you collect flaming skulls pretty interesting, no? (Btw, no, there is not a skull count where you can get an instant win. You'll just have to slug it out like the rest of us.)
    I only use AR's/ can't headshot with the DMR. Where does this leave me?
    Sounds like Team Juggernaut. Make the best players have a really unfair advantage.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than willing to try all this out. I'm just pessimistic when it comes to change sometimes. I do however think we should have an evaluation system at some point, to see what's working and what isn't, from all different levels.
    Last edited by Deathhawk; 01-06-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

That sounds like a bad idea to me. Shouldn't we be trying to make the wars faster?
    Again, not as complicated as it seems. In invasion games, armies will have plenty of notice that they will have to choose their best squad to open up the battle night with an invasion game. Field Marshals and Generals know exactly what would have to happen to have an invasion game played. And they can't just buy them every week, they are expensive to buy, and almost impossible to maintain week after week. They will hardly extend the wars.

That leaves you with a pistol sidearm. If you can't get headshots, just use your AR to whittle down the enemy shields and let someone who is a better shot deal the death blow. Know your strengths and weaknesses, and work as a team, just like any other game. We've played the gametype, and it's rather fun.

Another thing I don't agree with is the use of a custom map for a CAPITAL.
    Talk to your Field Marshal, he's the one who picked it. I think it's a good map, and a decent pick for a Capital. Capitals can be any 8v8 map that is used in the wars. He chose one that was 8v8, and would be used in the wars. If you don't like it, I hear REDD has chosen a map everyone has, and they're looking for people.

"You must begin by gaining power over yourself; then another; then a group, an order, a world, a species, a group of species; finally, the galaxy itself."

Anything that is different will take time to adjust, doesn't mean that you should dismiss anything that is new, learn to embrace it.

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhawk View Post
    That sounds like a bad idea to me. Shouldn't we be trying to make the wars faster? If you had 3 hardpoints, and green was attacking yellow, and yellow used 1 hardpoint every week and played their best guys for each week, that would certainly drag the war out.

I don't really agree with the shop at all, to be honest. Communication is already lacking alot.
    When in doubt, K.I.S.S. Keep. It. Simple. Stupid.
    While it's a very cool idea, Brigades, Garrisons, Shop, I don't know that we have the manpower and communication to tell everyone what's going on. I suppose it's the commanding officers responsibility to tell other people, but when the stress of a battle night and organizing gets going, this will only make it more hectic. And, for no obvious reason. What was wrong with the old engagement system? Other than being old. "If it ain't broke, Don't fix it."

Another thing I don't agree with is the use of a custom map for a CAPITAL. It's the most important battle of the war!
    Not everyone will be able to practice, so they will have NO idea what is going on. It's not fair to everyone. Use a map that's been around for a while, long enough so people know how to play. You could try and do scrims waaay earlier, but those are often hard to set up, especially for Red Army, in the state they're in. It just reeks of poor planning, but maybe I'm overlooking something here.

Sounds like Team Juggernaut. Make the best players have a really unfair advantage.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than willing to try all this out. I'm just pessimistic when it comes to change sometimes. I do however think we should have an evaluation system at some point, to see what's working and what isn't, from all different levels.
    The evaluation is partially going to be done this Sunday. We will be using the feedback from the community following and during the battle night in order to ensure all of our gametypes are working well.

The Headhunter thing is indeed one of the things that could be changed, depending on how it works out. We will be testing it when we get a chance, and may change it in the next day or two (we will make sure you all know about it if we do). However, it would only be changed if it truly needs it.

Since REDD chose Hemorrhage as their capital, I had to choose something. From the options for 8v8 maps, I had Crossing, Paradiso, Spire, Boneyard, and Tritan. I wanted a symmetric map as our capital, and because of that I ended up removing all of the original maps and chose between Crossing and Tritan (body of which are only semi-symmetric). However, by the time we play a capital battle, everyone should be able to get enough practice on it. The map layout is very simple to understand.

For the shop, brigades, garrisons, etc., for the most part the only people who are doing anything with them are the FMs. They have little impact on gameplay itself (mostly). Basically, it is giving us FMs a way to play chess with you all as pieces. We hoped that it would spice the war up a little and make it interesting, and so far it has been succeeding. (You should have been there when we chose maps and declared our first attacks... lol it was awesome)
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Banned BANNED USER

Glad to see the advisors taking an active role in telling us that it will be ok. I trust you guys have everything under control, looking forward to these customs, and hopefully the best wars we've seen in years.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

I promise you guys, it won't be too difficult to adjust. There's a ton of changes going on, but most of them are simple changes.

Personally, I love the stuff we've done to the shop and warmap and all that. The night we chose to set all that up, it was just too awesome to see a real 3D warmap with a map key and moving brigades and everything. Even if it doesn't look like it flows very well, it really does.

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Obsidian v1.0.4 is done and on my fileshare. Changes include two small rock shifts, a few aesthetic additions, and numerous kill/safe boundary modifications. Additional cover was added to Grenade Launcher spawn.

Sword Base v1.0.3 is done (it has been on my fileshare for a day and a half, but I thought I'd still mention it). It was worked on mainly by me and WSxAngel. I adjusted some objective locations and settings to fit our gametypes (had an issue with Capture Point, primarily) and we added some additional lifts to facilitate movement and increase flow. After testing, we agree that it improved gameplay.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Thread Information