Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

Re: New to community, looking for friends to play with during peacetime

Welcome to FC EyeVn, hope you enjoy your stay here

I feel you! Add me! I'll be able to play as soon as I get another xbox and a copy of halo!

Blog Posts

Jeeze, you guys are talking about me so much, it's like I'm a celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by EyeVn View Post
    Thanks for letting know. Thats a bummer that we have to wait so long though. I came with the new wave of people coming from reddit and i feel like if there is nothing to keep them intertained and involved, that theyll just lose interest. Anyways i guess we'll just have to wait and see. Its too bad they arent doing any more wars on reach or H3 :/
    Yes, it's unfortunate that you were all recruited when we have such a long peace time. But once Halo 4 hits, I'm sure there will be PLENTY to do within FC haha. We're trying to roll out some Custom Game Events (and we're having some big events coming up ... hint, there will be some really good prizes!), and I'm sure each Faction is having their own Events going on as well, such as inter-Faction Skirmishes and such. It is a blah period, between transitions of games, so we try to keep everyone interested.

As far as waiting, it sucks, but at the same time, it prevents really bad games from happening. FC gametypes are full 15 minute games, no score limit. So at the end of 15 minutes, whoever has the most points in the gametype wins. So, we want to make sure all our Maps are balanced completely so during the battle night (it usually takes around seven wins or so for a Faction to win a Map) everything runs smoothly and we don't have a long battle night that is one sided for a Faction. And, we sometimes like to spruce up Maps to make them feel more War Simulated, like some extra cover or specifically placed Armor Abilities (which will probably be gone for Halo 4, doesn't look like you can pick up Armor Abilities). Not to mention, we need to tailor our gametypes and loadouts specifically with the new Halo 4 system, and learn everything about it so we can make everyone's Sunday Nights as enjoyable as possible.

Hope this helps!
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

There will be plenty of things going on in this community to keep people busy. Many of us are doing Borderlands 2 right now.
    We should set up a server on TF2 for FC members only. Wish I knew how to do that.

Al Capone111 doesn't do what Al Capone111 does for Al Capone111.
    Al Capone111 does what Al Capone111 does because Al Capone111 is Al Capone111.

I'm not an asshole, I'm just not afraid to say how I feel.

I just added you, Welcome to FC.

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

Welcome to FC, and yes our peacetime is long but good things come to patient people

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Jeeze, you guys are talking about me so much, it's like I'm a celebrity

Yes, it's unfortunate that you were all recruited when we have such a long peace time. But once Halo 4 hits, I'm sure there will be PLENTY to do within FC haha. We're trying to roll out some Custom Game Events (and we're having some big events coming up ... hint, there will be some really good prizes!), and I'm sure each Faction is having their own Events going on as well, such as inter-Faction Skirmishes and such. It is a blah period, between transitions of games, so we try to keep everyone interested.

As far as waiting, it sucks, but at the same time, it prevents really bad games from happening. FC gametypes are full 15 minute games, no score limit. So at the end of 15 minutes, whoever has the most points in the gametype wins. So, we want to make sure all our Maps are balanced completely so during the battle night (it usually takes around seven wins or so for a Faction to win a Map) everything runs smoothly and we don't have a long battle night that is one sided for a Faction. And, we sometimes like to spruce up Maps to make them feel more War Simulated, like some extra cover or specifically placed Armor Abilities (which will probably be gone for Halo 4, doesn't look like you can pick up Armor Abilities). Not to mention, we need to tailor our gametypes and loadouts specifically with the new Halo 4 system, and learn everything about it so we can make everyone's Sunday Nights as enjoyable as possible.

Hope this helps!
    Yea i know what you mean. Are there different sub forums for each team to communicate and organize? Because i couldnt find them. Im just waiting for my bootcamp to meet my squad and practice.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EyeVn View Post
    Yea i know what you mean. Are there different sub forums for each team to communicate and organize? Because i couldnt find them. Im just waiting for my bootcamp to meet my squad and practice.
    http://fcwars.net/forums/forumdispla...-R-E-D-D-Units

Blog Posts

http://fcwars.net/forums/forumdispla...14-The-R-E-D-D

There's the REDD forums in general. You can't see BLUE cause you are REDD.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Thread Information