Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Am I the only one who is not excited for Halo 4

Seriously, I feel like I am. It just doesn't seem to have that vibe that the other Halos have had during pre-release.

Also hey guys! Long time, no post.

Blog Posts

Re: Am I the only one who is not excited for Halo 4

Yes you are alone. This game looks AMAZING, especially after Reach. It has the hype; it has a standalone Series, Forward Unto Dawn, dedicated to it (lets see you top this one CoD), Spartan Ops looks just awesome to do with friends as well as have backstory and a mission to it, Campaign looks freaking awesome, the interface menu at the start just makes me cry with joy, the Assault Rifle finally sounds really cool. Can't say anything bad about it yet. Halo 2 will always be my favorite, but Halo 4 looks like one of the better additions we've seen yet.
    Last edited by VerbotenDonkey; 10-09-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Quote Originally Posted by Acid View Post
    Seriously, I feel like I am. It just doesn't seem to have that vibe that the other Halos have had during pre-release.

Is it because you are a PC gamer?

Honestly I have not been more excited for a Halo game since 3. Honestly Halo 3 was such a huge excitement for me Halo 4 is probably half of that. Reach was like 10%. Viva Pinata Where The Fuck are my genitals Edition was like 68% of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk570 View Post
    Is it because you are a PC gamer?
    I think that might be the issue. I've gone almost completely to PC gaming and have been out of the console gaming area for awhile. But I blame all these freaking Betas and shit. World of Warplanes Beta, Mechwarrior Online Beta, Planetside 2 Beta (THIS GAME IS FUCKING EPIC), and then I got GW2.

But I don't know, from what I've read it doesn't seem to me to be like the old Halos at all. It's like the son that disowned his ancestors.

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

i got the halo 4 countdown on my phone, im so pumped for halo 4 IT NEEDS TO BE OUT NOW

Blog Posts

I think that might be the issue. I've gone almost completely to PC gaming and have been out of the console gaming area for awhile. But I blame all these freaking Betas and shit. World of Warplanes Beta, Mechwarrior Online Beta, Planetside 2 Beta (THIS GAME IS FUCKING EPIC), and then I got GW2.

But I don't know, from what I've read it doesn't seem to me to be like the old Halos at all. It's like the son that disowned his ancestors.
    How'd you get a beta-key for Planetside????? Did you buy the Alpha Team thing?
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

I believe that's on purpose though, when Frankie and the higher ups at 343 sat down and thought about what they wanted, I'm almost positive that they said they wanted to make their own "Halo experience". They didn't want to copy and paste Halo 3, or Halo: Reach, they wanted to take the best parts of those games, and then add some and cultivate their own experience, their own game, their own trilogy.

Whether or we or I like some of these changes is always up for debate. But my hype is pretty high, not as high as 3's but let's face it, we always hype more when we're younger, and I was 12/13 when Halo 3 came out haha.

(By Ireland Wolf)

You fail Acid. I am disappoint.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

I was excited it for it and I was about to pre-order it....

....and then I saw the mech.

Dear god, the mech, I wanted Halo 4 not Chromehounds 2.
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

You actually aren't alone... im excited, but im only excited because its a new game.

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Thread Information