Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Greedy fucks. They think because they have a good console with good games, give them an excuse to pull more money outta us? Games are fuckin expensive as it is, wtf is this BS. I can't even afford the normal price 1 year subscription, how AM I GONNA AFFORD AN EXTRA 10 DOLLARS?!

Should i do the 39.99 thing right now or no?

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGUNNY132 View Post
    I'm not that upset about the price increase. Microsoft puts together an excellent online experience. They are the leader in video gaming right now.

And with the influx of people joining xbox live, they saw a business opportunity and capitalized on it. A very smart decision business wise.

As far as Sony vs. Microsoft are.

Microsoft blows them out of the park.

I dont give a shit about Sony's free online play. It no where matches Xbox Live. Not One Bit. Its prime game is prob. Killzone. Plus whatever third party games they have. (COD ect.)

As far as I know, Xbox Live's subcribers numbers destroy the PS3's.

I'm done.

Enjoy your complaining about high prices. (Even though you prob. would have done it)

PS:

inb4 Loco's rant about how much the Xbox sucks.

Sorry Loco, stats dont lie.

Now I'm done.
    Your right the "stats don't lie" as seen here:

"When considering this, it's no surprise that nearly 95% of PS3 owners are also PSN members (20 million PSN members out of 21 million consoles sold), while only 66% of Xbox 360 owners are Xbox Live subscribers (est. 18.5 million users to 27.93 million consoles)."
    Source.

Anyway, I do agree that XBL still provides a great service to its community, the PSN is starting to catch up and very quickly at that.

Sony was let to the party, but they are nearly neck and neck with Microsoft.

Most people believe that even though the PSN is free to use that must mean every match is a complete and utter lag fest. This couldn't be any more wrong even if you tried. The connection is solid especially when I played MAG which hosted 128v128 players at once. The servers were smooth as ice, but with the occasional lag here and there just like on XBL.

If I didn't know so many people on XBL at this moment and time then I would have cancelled my subscription and stuck with the PSN.

Most of the games you can find on the 360 are now find on the PS3. The 360's exclusives are diminishing.

If you need an unbiased comparison then look here:

http://www.tested.com/news/xbox-live...y-compare/515/
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

Blog Posts
    Stop bitching. XBL costs so much because it is in all seriousness the best gaming experience besides computer. It's different for other countries because guess what guys the cost of the American dollar is going down. Thats why prices increase and also to make a profit. Microsoft is greedy, but so are most big corperations. I mean Microsoft has destroyed one of the best RTS makers in history. Ensemble Studios and nearly killed Bungie. Thank god that they can still stand on their feet. But thats the reality of things right now. Prices are going to go up, this bullshit will happen. It's the world.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Okay you people realize that PSN+ is going to become necessary in the next gen, Sony just realizes they can't get away with it now because of how it was initially based off being free, but when the next console comes out there will be a new network where you have to pay to play.

every one says MS is greedy and say Bill Gates is greedy, but Howard Stringer is just as greedy. MS only does computers, and xbox.... sony does everything from over priced TV's to over priced clothes, If I remember correctly they even had an idea for a 5$ candy bar..... <--- fail if its what i remember correctly. Also asking 150$ to fix the YLOD when it was a major flaw with the system wasn't a great idea.... and how many charities has Sony started? what none? MS regularly gives to the make a wish foundation and supports the chairty started by Bill Gates (which he put half of his money into ).

just saying all companies are greedy in different ways. if you found 40$ on the side walk you wouldn't be like "taking 40$ is being greedy I am going to only take 20$" and walk away your going to take the 40$
    Last edited by Fiery Grave; 08-30-2010 at 10:41 PM.

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Blog Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Grave View Post
    every one says MS is greedy and say Bill Gates is greedy, MS regularly gives to the make a wish foundation and supports the chairty started by Bill Gates (which he put half of his money into).
    Bill Gates isn't the CEO of Microsoft. Hes pretty much just a founder, and a stockholder. And it was more like 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhawk View Post
    Bill Gates isn't the CEO of Microsoft. Hes pretty much just a founder, and a stockholder. And it was more like 40%.
    Fiery is repeating what others have said. That's all.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Blog Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    Fiery is repeating what others have said. That's all.
    Oh. I was thinking that that would be something that he would know.
    Is dis true

Welcome to Capitalism. Funny thing is, Xbox LIVE isn't even a monopoly. People will still pay because they are addicted. lol, video games are a drug. Oh yeah, they are not greedy. Dictators who have high taxes in their countries so they can have anything they want are greedy.These BUSINESSMEN persuade you to buy their product. If you don't like inflation, by American products. I don't think y'all understand, everything is more expensive because of inflation. Geez, learn economics.
    Last edited by Twizzey; 08-30-2010 at 10:33 PM.

Blog Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzey View Post
    Welcome to Capitalism. Funny thing is, Xbox LIVE isn't even a monopoly. People will still pay because they are addicted. lol, video games are a drug. Oh yeah, they are not greedy. Dictators who have high taxes in their countries so they can have anything they want are greedy.These BUSINESSMEN persuade you to buy their product. If you don't like inflation, by American products. I don't think y'all understand, everything is more expensive because of inflation. Geez, learn economics.
    You know, you guys take all the fun out of being upset at something beyond your control.
    Last edited by Deathhawk; 08-30-2010 at 11:03 PM.

Thread Information