Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Re: Official FC Battle Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ash the Mute View Post
    I am quite disappointed on AA placement on maps.
    And the edit's done to default maps.

Sowrdbase - WTF? The map was a CF to begin with and now it is a bigger CF. Adding all the lifts? There is no point for a jetpack anymore.
    Also, placing DS on a map like that, wow, it makes no sense. DS on swordbase is worse than AL.
    I kept running into the situation where I would range someone to one shot and then, DS. How do you counter a bubble that lasts longer then AL and recharges health? Especially at range. Seems like DS is to much of a crutch power up.

Pavilion - ... Who the hell play tested this? Dynamic feeling spawns for objective? Why do I want to spawn at the other base when the bomb is being armed at my base?

I honestly think we should just go back to default Reach. Maybe DMR/AR reach. This CF is just.... horrid feeling.

---------------------------------------------------

Also, th fact of not having AL as a starting AA. It was place on the maps. Treated like an OS. I did not once see anyone use AL how people complained about it. Heck, I didn't even see anyone use it at all. I mainly saw DS.

Speaking of DS... I was having some thoughs on why we placed it.
    DS is mainly a spawning AA in 3rd wave invasion and objective games (sans Hill). Why do we need DS in slayer?
    Also, with hill, DS will be used horribly. Grab, use it next to hill, sit in DS/hill and gain an unfair time advantage.
    Agreed.

et ducit mundum per luce

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Pavilion

The Pavilion spawn system has been fixed. The issue was a messed up spawn zone. The original creator had a spawn zone under the map that was hidden. It went over the bottom of the map, and prioritized spawns there.

We had correct spawn zones that would have worked perfectly, but the added spawn zone screwed it up. I found it earlier and fixed it. It still needs to be tested, but the issue should be resolved. It wont be used for this Sunday, though, since you can't attack the same map twice in a row.

In terms of the openness of the map, I personally agree with you that additional cover should be added. I'll take a look at Pavilion and come up with some possible cover additions.

Sword Base

There was never meant to be two dropshields on the map. I don't remember placing two of them, but whatever. I've already removed the one outside of Research.

About the mancannons: red side spawns on the level above the blue spawns. From red spawn, you have 4 options: (1) up the stairs to Break Room, (2) across the middle bridge toward Research, (3) across the long bridge, and (4) dropping down into bottom mid.

From blue spawn, they had 3 options: (1) to the side toward the default sword spawn, (2) across the low bridge to gold lift, and (3) dropping down to bottom mid. The lift there gave them a 4th option to jump to Research and contest the middle bridge, which is especially important in Flag Frenzy and Capture Point, more so than other gametypes.

However, I concede that the lift near Grenade Launcher spawn is unnecessary.

About the shotgun and sword: since both of them spawned on blue side, we decided to move the sword to Operations (under red spawn), and moved the shotgun up one level to Storage.

We have been discussing this a bit and will continue to do so. Decisions will be made, and then the battles will be fought. Not everyone will end up happy, obviously, and a lot of people will be forced to deal with things no matter what we choose.

We are considering everything discussed in this thread. Continue posting things. The more details you include, the better, and the more likely it will be that your issue is resolved.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Pavilion

The Pavilion spawn system has been fixed. The issue was a messed up spawn zone. The original creator had a spawn zone under the map that was hidden. It went over the bottom of the map, and prioritized spawns there.

We had correct spawn zones that would have worked perfectly, but the added spawn zone screwed it up. I found it earlier and fixed it. It still needs to be tested, but the issue should be resolved. It wont be used for this Sunday, though, since you can't attack the same map twice in a row.

In terms of the openness of the map, I personally agree with you that additional cover should be added. I'll take a look at Pavilion and come up with some possible cover additions.

Sword Base

There was never meant to be two dropshields on the map. I don't remember placing two of them, but whatever. I've already removed the one outside of Research.

About the mancannons: red side spawns on the level above the blue spawns. From red spawn, you have 4 options: (1) up the stairs to Break Room, (2) across the middle bridge toward Research, (3) across the long bridge, and (4) dropping down into bottom mid.

From blue spawn, they had 3 options: (1) to the side toward the default sword spawn, (2) across the low bridge to gold lift, and (3) dropping down to bottom mid. The lift there gave them a 4th option to jump to Research and contest the middle bridge, which is especially important in Flag Frenzy and Capture Point, more so than other gametypes.

However, I concede that the lift near Grenade Launcher spawn is unnecessary.

About the shotgun and sword: since both of them spawned on blue side, we decided to move the sword to Operations (under red spawn), and moved the shotgun up one level to Storage.

We have been discussing this a bit and will continue to do so. Decisions will be made, and then the battles will be fought. Not everyone will end up happy, obviously, and a lot of people will be forced to deal with things no matter what we choose.

We are considering everything discussed in this thread. Continue posting things. The more details you include, the better, and the more likely it will be that your issue is resolved.
    Can we do a play test with the proper number of people tonight? Or this week sometime? It doesnt even need to be a full match. Just enough to see what work and what didnt. Better to fix the problems now rather than later.

Al Capone111 doesn't do what Al Capone111 does for Al Capone111.
    Al Capone111 does what Al Capone111 does because Al Capone111 is Al Capone111.

I'm not an asshole, I'm just not afraid to say how I feel.

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Yes, of course. It is just that I would like to concentrate on the maps for this Sunday instead so that there aren't any issues with these maps... (Unfortunately, attacks haven't been declared yet).

I'll be on XBL when I can be.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

Ill be on around 5 est.

Al Capone111 doesn't do what Al Capone111 does for Al Capone111.
    Al Capone111 does what Al Capone111 does because Al Capone111 is Al Capone111.

I'm not an asshole, I'm just not afraid to say how I feel.

Side note for Pavilion:

Obsidian was originally meant to be played. However, within the last 48 hours of the battle, some members of the High Command and War Council decided against it. Myth and co. tried their hardest to get a replacement map, but, alas, there was bound to be issues. We're sorry for problems like these and with your continued feedback, we can be one step closer to ensuring that does not happen again. (also testing with Myth and I will help!)
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

When testing, call in players who know what to look for.
    FoR, Zulu, Fear... to name a few. Have them play serious matches on them.
    You want me to put a microphone in?
    No. Fuck you.
    Story behind me and not using microphones on XBL.
    • Original Xbox: The clip kept breaking when I am not rough. And wires.
    • Xbox 360: Fucking wires fuck up. Screw it. I am not using/buying another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash the Mute View Post
    When testing, call in players who know what to look for.
    FoR, Zulu, Fear... to name a few. Have them play serious matches on them.
    FoR has been the only group of people to accept my invites. Take mine and Mythonian's invites seriously, please, and this might not have happened in the first place. (Ash is the only exception, as you join regardless of invitations, lol.)
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

I dont get invites.

et ducit mundum per luce

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    FoR has been the only group of people to accept my invites. Take mine and Mythonian's invites seriously, please, and this might not have happened in the first place. (Ash is the only exception, as you join regardless of invitations, lol.)
    Bah, I get bored more since I wiped my friend list. I need more people to play with. So many people won't add me because they want MLG pros and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Yehsus View Post
    I dont get invites.
    You never answer or get offline.
    You want me to put a microphone in?
    No. Fuck you.
    Story behind me and not using microphones on XBL.
    • Original Xbox: The clip kept breaking when I am not rough. And wires.
    • Xbox 360: Fucking wires fuck up. Screw it. I am not using/buying another one.

Thread Information