View Poll Results: Community Name for Halo 4 (Read thread before voting!)

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forerunner Conflict: Escalation (FC:E)

10 18.18%
  • Forerunner Conflict: Generations (FC:G)

10 18.18%
  • Forerunner Conflict: Liberation (FC:L)

3 5.45%
  • Forerunner Conflict: Reclamation (FC:Rec)

16 29.09%
  • Forerunner Conflict: Supremacy (FC:S)

16 29.09%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FC Update 6.4

The Beast Within
    The Original Space Cat
    Blog Posts

Re: FC Update 6.4

Nice update Skynet

and btw, Escalation: to increase in extent, volume, number, amount, intensity, or scope.

Now with Low Level Radiation!

Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Escalation means the following: to increase in intensity, magnitude, etc.: to escalate a war; a time when prices escalate.

Frankly, I think it may have some meaning, but it's a bit too vague on it's meaning, it could also mean escalation of drama, trouble, distributions, and frankly don't care for it.

Generations of course means the following: a group of individuals, most of whom are the same approximate age, having similar ideas, problems, attitudes, etc.

This would be good, but we do have age gaps, and frankly when we deal with "veteran's complaints" and just talked about wanting to up the age restrictions here, I don't feel that cohesive, and frankly I don't think it fits.

Liberation would fit well, as it means: the act or fact of gaining equal rights or full social or economic opportunities for a particular group.

This could correlate with a twist in the lore for making BLUE seem to grow in army capacity and equipment, which would make sense with the expansion of forerunner weaponry. With that being said though, I am against it due to the fact we have "Liberation" as a gametype, and it just seems like we copy pasted, and looks lazy IMO.

Reclamation to me is my vote. It means the following: to claim or demand the return or restoration of, as a right, possession, etc.

As we have been called "reclaimers" by those of forerunner origin, and we are starting into the forerunner technology being used in larger extent, it would make perfect sense to use this.

Supremacy to me.... It just sounds arrogant of us, it to me feels like too much of an attempt to compensate for something.

Update:

*facepalms at the fact Supremacy seems to have the most votes*
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

I also agree with Salvanous, at first I was with the crowd of "too many 'R's" but now that I think about it, Reclamation actually makes perfect sense.

We're taking what the Forerunners left and using it now, not just equipment or a sentinel beam, an entire set of Forerunner equipment. Reclamation sounds perfect for Halo 4's kind of feel and back story.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Fantastic Update, keep up the good work.

Do we have to change our name?

I'm back

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

I'm not really worried about the FIRST LETTER of the word, I'm worried about whether or not the ACTUAL WORD fits with theme and setting of not only FC, but also Halo 4. Something that can convey our connection to the game. Supremacy and Liberation wouldn't work. Generation wouldn't if there's an age limit set, that leaves Escalation and Reclamation. I don't know what's Escalating, but I agree with Surrounded on his explanation of Reclamation. The whole "taking what the Forerunners left behind..." thing. Out of all of them, Reclamation makes the most sense story and community wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

Blog Posts

I agree about reclamation. But, I wanted to get rid of all the "R"s. So, I voted for Supremacy.

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

I honestly don't care about the R's. Does anyone even say "Forerunner Conflict: Revolutions" when they talk about FC? Does anyone even say "FC: Revolutions"? I don't think I've ever even used the subtitle while talking about FC. If I'm talking to someone from the site, I just say "The Site" and if I'm not talking to someone from "The Site" I say "Have you heard of/Are you a part of/What do you like about, FC". I don't think I even knew we had a subtitle until 3-4 weeks after I joined.

Why do we even have a subtitle? <--- Someone in the upper echelons answer this question.

And I haven't been around for the other subtitles so the R doesn't bother me. Also, it's not R's fault that it's the first letter of the best fitting words for a subtitle.

Ahem... Red vs. Blue: Reconstruction, Red vs. Blue: Recreation, Red vs. Blue: Revelation. We are following in the footsteps of some great men and women. Just thought I should point that out.

Also thought I should point out that we sound like a bunch of children with a vendetta against the letter R.

Kids, the Letter R is a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

hmmm, lots of compelling arguments. very well, if an admin can change my vote from supremecy to reclamation.. pwease?
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatRussianBear View Post
    Do we have to change our name?
    still forerunner bud every era or game we vote on it last war was revolutions

Life is transient. Hold on to the moment. Never Lose hope and fight the good fight.

Thread Information