Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

Re: When are you getting Halo 4?

Yeah, 4 player coop would be cool. Achievement gaining and story beating together, just be quiet during the cutscenes.

Speaking of achievements I hit 10K gamerscore today

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

I don't mind 4 player co-op, but I don't know if I want to start the game like that. People talking in your ear the whole time, not just during cutscenes, but during gameplay. Like listening to music cues, admiring scenery, being scared or afraid, all that kind of stuff would be more difficult. If you're into that kind of thing. If you're aren't then go for it.

I'm hoping they try to go back to their somewhat horrific roots. I still remember how much 343 Guilty Spark and The Library scared me when I was a kid. They slowly lost that over the years, what with the Covenant growing banal and the insurgence of 12 year olds, they slowly been cutting back on what made Halo: CE great.

I remember burning 3-4 clips of ammo in a Grunt on Silent Cartographer just to see how much blood I could get out of him. The huge puddles of neon sky blue blood that would glow in the dark. In Reach you can't do that anymore. They, I guess you could say, toned back the gore. Sort of depressing. But new developers, new hopes.

I sort of tried to cut up my post so it wasn't a wall of text no one would read, but either way: TL;DR: Reach sucks, high hopes for H4, CE was scary.

P.S. I would love to go through H4 2nd or 3rd time 4 player co-op. Also need to find a team for Spartan Ops.
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Graycochea View Post
    I don't mind 4 player co-op, but I don't know if I want to start the game like that. People talking in your ear the whole time, not just during cutscenes, but during gameplay. Like listening to music cues, admiring scenery, being scared or afraid, all that kind of stuff would be more difficult. If you're into that kind of thing. If you're aren't then go for it.

I'm hoping they try to go back to their somewhat horrific roots. I still remember how much 343 Guilty Spark and The Library scared me when I was a kid. They slowly lost that over the years, what with the Covenant growing banal and the insurgence of 12 year olds, they slowly been cutting back on what made Halo: CE great.

I remember burning 3-4 clips of ammo in a Grunt on Silent Cartographer just to see how much blood I could get out of him. The huge puddles of neon sky blue blood that would glow in the dark. In Reach you can't do that anymore. They, I guess you could say, toned back the gore. Sort of depressing. But new developers, new hopes.

I sort of tried to cut up my post so it wasn't a wall of text no one would read, but either way: TL;DR: Reach sucks, high hopes for H4, CE was scary.

P.S. I would love to go through H4 2nd or 3rd time 4 player co-op. Also need to find a team for Spartan Ops.

If I was doing it with just REDWATCH guys, I'd make sure we weren't just chatting while shooting up the baddies. We'd be communicating, and planning. Sure, there could be some chatting. But not a lot.

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

Was gonna go to Midnight Release and show off my FC shirt to everyone.
    But Gamestop by my house was sold out of the limited edition copies, and so was best buy, target, the gamestop website, Amazon.com, etc....

I was lucky enough to find a copy on target.com....but now they're even sold out. I ordered express delivery so I should be getting it on the day of but i don't know when.

Blog Posts

On the way back from school so at like 6:30 in the afternoon

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Quote Originally Posted by Coda View Post
    If I was doing it with just REDWATCH guys, I'd make sure we weren't just chatting while shooting up the baddies. We'd be communicating, and planning. Sure, there could be some chatting. But not a lot.
    No, yeah. If you can rein in your group, then go for it. I just feel like the people I would probably choose to play with, if I did it, would be difficult to keep quiet, keep on task, etc. I would rather play alone and get the intended Halo 4 experience, instead of trading the experience for wrangling a bunch of assholes who can't seem to shut the fuck up even if they tried. I would play 4 player co-op after I've gone through the story a few times, got the intended affect, maybe memorized a few lines.
    Gray for FM

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coda View Post
    I plan on taking my first run on Campaign Co-Op and Spartan Ops VERY tactically. A perfect military simulation style. So tight comms, one person as lead, doing scouting objectives, everyone has a role. As long as people follow it, it'll be perfect.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Blog Posts

I plan on taking my first run on Campaign Co-Op and Spartan Ops VERY tactically. A perfect military simulation style. So tight comms, one person as lead, doing scouting objectives, everyone has a role. As long as people follow it, it'll be perfect.
    *REDWATCH high five*

I would love to do that, but my friends aren't like that. They can't follow orders or anything.

Originally, that's what I thought FC was. Everyone working together as a uniform unit, making plans in a base, and scouting. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Also, that's the reason I so very much want to do the LARP. I think the LARP is more like what you described than what actually happens during a normal battlenight, which are two totally different things.
    Gray for FM

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

If you ever have room for one more I'm sure a certain Field Marshal would have fun doing that

Thread Information