Spoiler! AC3 question

So when Connor first meets Achilles, he shows Connor a wall of photos of the Templars, and Connor says his father will have to die. How does Connor know that Haytham is his father? I don't remember it ever coming up?
    Last edited by iFurrious; 11-02-2012 at 12:29 AM.

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

Re: Spoiler! AC3 question

I dont remember it coming up either. I looked over it as a plot hole.

I think this stems back into how native americans were able to identify and know each other on a personal level. Just so it didn't seem like a plothole, I think he saw that he had similar facial features and structure to identify Haytham as his father. Also, Connor's mother said that she tried to teach him the opposite of what his father was, so he also most likely knows his father by name. Put the two together and you have the ability to identify his father.
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Metkil is a smart guy.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Quote Originally Posted by Metkil5685 View Post

I think this stems back into how native americans were able to identify and know each other on a personal level. Just so it didn't seem like a plothole, I think he saw that he had similar facial features and structure to identify Haytham as his father. Also, Connor's mother said that she tried to teach him the opposite of what his father was, so he also most likely knows his father by name. Put the two together and you have the ability to identify his father.
    If that is true, I wish they would of showed it somehow, because it was unclear to me. Like when he sees Haytham's picture for the first time, maybe he could ask Achilles if that is his father or show him realizing it was his father. I thought maybe Achilles told Connor that Haytham was his father when he sat Connor down to tell him about the Assassins. I don't know. Also instead of just skipping that story with Connor, I wish we heard what Achilles told him. Like I would of love to hear Achilles maybe talk about how the Assassins started out in America and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by iFurrious View Post
    If that is true, I wish they would of showed it somehow, because it was unclear to me. Like when he sees Haytham's picture for the first time, maybe he could ask Achilles if that is his father or show him realizing it was his father. I thought maybe Achilles told Connor that Haytham was his father when he sat Connor down to tell him about the Assassins. I don't know. Also instead of just skipping that story with Connor, I wish we heard what Achilles told him. Like I would of love to hear Achilles maybe talk about how the Assassins started out in America and stuff like that.
    Do remember, Haytham's name was written out underneath his picture. But yea they could have cleared that up a lot better.
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Metkil5685 View Post
    Do remember, Haytham's name was written out underneath his picture. But yea they could have cleared that up a lot better.
    That is true but would Connor even be able to reconize him by his name? Correct me if I am wrong, but they never show Connor as a kid being called by the name Kenway, right? Just as Ratonhnhaké:ton. So would Connor even know his/his father's last name. And if not, then he wouldn't be able to tell Haytham was his father by his name. I don't know, for some reason it really threw me off guard.

Former X-Ray Commander
    Vector Platoon Commander
    Blog Posts

I believe his mother told him. Though he may not know his face, but I am sure he knows his name. btw on Sequence 8.
    VECTOR PLATOON
    //work in progress\\
    Recruitment: Message to apply.
    Faction: BLUE
    Dishcord: https://discord.gg/33sZQb4

The story was very well designed that should be enough to cover simple loop holes.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Oh, I just realized this. I was looking back at gameplay of when Connor was a kid. When you first meet Connor, he is reading a book that he then hides from his mother. It looks like the same book as the one Haytham was writing on the ship. Maybe that is how Connor knows of his dad and that he is a Templar?

Thread Information