Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Website Upgrade 11/2/12

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    Seen this before. Nothing special.

Lol. J/k.

Thanks, Web Design Team!
    (And the Mexican help they hired to get some of the work done!)
    HHahaha this made my morning!

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Fabled Legendary Member
    I Like Turtles!
    I Live in an Igloo!
    Blog Posts

For a Mexican, Mede makes some good graphics...
    "Do you guys know how hard it is to masturbate with you all talking!" - UNLUCKY

Former Field Marshal of both the REDD and BLUE
    Creator of 21st Degree and the Resistance
    7 victories fought and lead

Blog Posts

I love the skin! It looks like an updated version of what it used to be, which is always welcome. I'm always nervous about changes but this seems good!

Only critisizms I have is that.. there needs to be a (maybe 60% opaque) box around the login/regster parts at the top of the page. It's kinda a clusterfuck with the leaves and stuff. Box(es) would clean that up. The whole top portion is actually a bit messy, there's a lot going on. With the ads, user info, and the leaves flying everywhere, banner, etc... it's a lot to process and doesn't look very sleek.

The other thing.. WHY ARE LETTERS NOT UNIFORM ON USERBARS?!?!?!
    Why does it say "ENLiStEd"?

Personally I hate the shit out of that, it didn't look good in the '90s, it doesn't look
    KEEP ALL THE LETTERS UNIFORM. It's annoying as shit to read and look at.

Sorry Mede, all the other graphics look awesome, the userbars are cool too, I appreciate you making all the graphics, but capitalizing letters selectively just looks like it's some pre-teen's selfie they put on myspace in the 90's with some gay text about "HoW WeRe BeSttt FRieNdz 4 LyFee & nO 1 caN sePeRatE us!"

It's just a golden rule for design in my eyes.
    Last edited by Deathhawk; 11-02-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vader View Post
    Well Done! I also like the festive Spartans. Oh Mededust.. btw I love my new Access Card, although i miss the big FC Emblem too. Proud of everyone who had a part in this.

Thank You, it looks amazing
    I can adjust that.

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Rank Specific User bars?

Didn't see much yet cause Im mobile and off to class but I'm exploding with happiness at how awesome all this stuff is. Wonderful job guys and Mededust is a hero.
    I did them as requested. I can possibly work on UB for signatures but each army has different ranks if im not mistaken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhawk View Post
    I love the skin! It looks like an updated version of what it used to be, which is always welcome. I'm always nervous about changes but this seems good!

Only critisizms I have is that.. there needs to be a (maybe 60% opaque) box around the login/regster parts at the top of the page. It's kinda a clusterfuck with the leaves and stuff. Box(es) would clean that up. The whole top portion is actually a bit messy, there's a lot going on. With the ads, user info, and the leaves flying everywhere, boxes, etc... it's a lot to process and doesn't look very sleek.

The other thing.. WHY ARE LETTERS NOT UNIFORM ON USERBARS?!?!?!
    Why does it say "ENLiStEd"?

Personally I hate the shit out of that, it didn't look good in the '90s, it doesn't look good and it never will.
    KEEP ALL THE LETTERS UNIFORM. It's annoying as shit to read and look at.

Sorry MeDe, all the other graphics look awesome, the userbars are cool too, I appreciate you making all the graphics, but capitalizing letters selectively just looks like it's some pre-teen's selfie they put on myspace in the 90's with some gay text about "HoW WeRe BeSttt FRieNdz 4 LyFee & nO 1 caN sePeRatE us!"

It's just a golden rule for design in my eyes.
    ahh it's the font it does that automatically. I was trying to find a decent font, its very hard, since I lost everything, to preview all fonts to have more choices. This was the best I could do at the time, but I can find something better. There's some adjustments I need to make anyways.

Blog Posts

Yeah, don't worry about it haha. I actually kind of think the system we have now is fine with the Enlisted, Officer, etc, I just remember when there was the push for Rank Specific, don't remember the out-turn of that though. I just remember we said "wait until halo 4" xD But I'm pretty sure REDD/BLUE have the same ranks.

Didn't notice the capitalization issue until now, I agree with DeathHawk though, that is quite annoying >_> Makes us seem like we're all 10 year old 90's kids haha. Also, not sure what's going on with the little line down the side of the userbar and theres stuff written on the left hand side? I can see it clearly in the BLUE Enlisted userbar, can't read what it says though. (Just a small thing, I think it would be cool if REDD Enlisted userbar Spartans had the Enforcer Helmet on :P Not a big issue thoug haha)

Also, just a note, using this skin with Mobile and using the "New/Today's Posts", you can't click on the little number that takes you right to the page, you can only click on the thread titles.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Yeah, don't worry about it haha. I actually kind of think the system we have now is fine with the Enlisted, Officer, etc, I just remember when there was the push for Rank Specific, don't remember the out-turn of that though. I just remember we said "wait until halo 4" xD But I'm pretty sure REDD/BLUE have the same ranks.
    The turnout was that we would have them come Halo 4.

The fact that we ignored that makes me angry... But it does look good.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    The turnout was that we would have them come Halo 4.

The fact that we ignored that makes me angry... But it does look good.
    Well, maybe we can experiment with Rank Specific, only if Mededust wants to remake new ones though >_> It's a lot of work haha. I wouldn't complain if we did, cause I was all for it.

Also, this skin doesn't load on my Laptop either. The stars background does, but the new banner and seasonal background does not. I only knew about it cause after class when I opened my browser, I noticed it had completely loaded. So it just takes awhile.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Squads led:
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders

I am a 90's kid!

And you mean where it says Access? Yeah I'm working on that.

If you miss rank specific the last ones are still here

- - - Updated - - -

Well, maybe we can experiment with Rank Specific, only if Mededust wants to remake new ones though >_> It's a lot of work haha. I wouldn't complain if we did, cause I was all for it.

Also, this skin doesn't load on my Laptop either. The stars background does, but the new banner and seasonal background does not. I only knew about it cause after class when I opened my browser, I noticed it had completely loaded. So it just takes awhile.
    Get a better phone!

To "experiment" with it would require we have mede make them all. That's an extra 30 or so images. It's more organized, and it works a lot better in keeping things together. But it's probably way too late at this point, lmao.

The skin took like 3 minutes to finally load on my computer. xD.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MedeDust View Post
    I am a 90's kid!

And you mean where it says Access? Yeah I'm working on that.

If you miss rank specific the last ones are still here

- - - Updated - - -

Get a better phone!
    Is it suppose to say access on the left side of our user bars? O.o

And it's my Laptop too, not just my phone xD And yes, I am using Fire Fox.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Squads led:

Thread Information