Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Halo 4 and FC Wars

I have a few ideas to throw out here, so my apologies for this rather lengthy post.

Forerunner Weaponry+Lore

I know this is a very unnecessary thing to say, but I feel like since we are implementing forerunner weaponry into FC wars now, there needs to be an explanation for their sudden appearance, and use wide spread. I also feel like the "Oh, we just found them" aspect is a very cheap way to solve the question.

In this respect, I feel like as we are calling this first Halo 4 war a "Beta War", we should actually call it a "Simulation War". It would help provide an answer for any changes that might occur gametype wise, as well as explain why forerunner weaponry is being seen spread through all the armies. It's as much to train the troops, as well as experiment with the designs of forerunner weaponry and see if their weaponry may be viable for real world use.

Loadouts

I'm repeating a few people here, but it might actually be wise to make custom loadouts for various "professions". It would provide each person with a more clear cut goal of what their actions should be. I'm NOT saying "Make a sniper class" or anything insane like that. I'm saying not even saying give them armor abilities for their job. What I do suggest is why not provide certain support and tactical packages to various fields.

For example, your scouts may like getting the tactical package "Mobility" (providing infinite sprint), your heavier hitters might like a loadout with "Firepower" allowing for use of two primary weapons in their loadout, or "Ammo Pack" allowing for additional ammo. Your leaders or pointmen might like "Sensor" (improved radar and sensitivity), and your sharpshooters might like "Stability" (steadies weapon when being struck).

Frankly I think that we all ought to maybe just start with Sprint, and pick up armor abilities across the map. (even though I REALLY want to get thruster pack). But with just these loadouts providing a little assistance to the roles they are supposed to play, and thus make the whole unit hopefully able to be more cohesive.

As for weaponry, I would think we ought to keep the primary for each class with a choice of DMR/BR/AR along with a secondary of a Magnum (and give the magnum to each class this time, every solider keeps a sidearm). Grenades may vary, but provide possibly more neighboring weaponry inside each teams base. What I mean by this is that also include weaponry such as the Carbine, Light Rifle, Storm Rifle, Suppressor, and other guns of the same nature in the base. It keeps to the aspect that each army have access to covenant and forerunner weaponry while maintaining we mainly are composed of UNSC weaponry. You can also do the same for plasma pistol and boltshot, but I would be a bit more hesitant on throwing those in the base as well.

I think all of this wouldn't hurt how the map plays, nor would it make any one person feel they the loadouts were unbalanced, it would simply help direct each loadout to a different goal.

Maps and Trait Zones:

To provide a little more map direction and feeling of barricades meaning something without making it an impregnable wall of steel, I started to think of Halo Wars. How when you put a unit in a barricade, they became more resilient and able to survive better. I think we can finally apply this to Halo 4, in making barricades you can shoot, and be shot over effectively. What I suggest is putting trait zones behind barriers and increase the damage resistance they have there by a certain percent (able to take 150% damage?). Things like this would help provide that barricades were something more used and less of perhaps just for aesthetics.

Another thing that might be worth trying is giving high points of the map a traitzone that improves their radar range, or sensitivity.

Give certain things on the map a feeling like what they are provide more than just a the "We are here, you are there" but give the people defending them, and that are there a bit of a perk for possessing and maintaining their place there. It would give a new element of map control, and not simply make it a battle sometimes over who has the power weapons. It would add complexity to the battles, making power weapons a way to press for the territories, and the territories a way to maintain control with common weapons a bit more easy.

Providing Breaks:

Look, I can't begin to speak on how balance will play in Halo 4, but off of the last few wars and how one sided they have been at times, I think I should throw out an option here. If either R.E.D.D. or B.L.U.E. gets sweeped two weeks in a row, I suggest we take a one week break and during this break just do a custom challenge between REDD and BLUE that week. For example, have that break week be a Grifball day, or a Rocket Race day between REDD and BLUE. Just something to help keep the community together, and give people a breather if they are getting owned repeatedly. Or hell, just do a practice on the maps planned, and just do it with fun weaponry, like infinite concussion rifles for everyone. Just make sure we don't get so caught up in competition that we lose sight of this place as a community.

Rank Bars

Okay, whoever made these latest rank tags, don't get me wrong, I am fine with them... But I remember very clearly that when Halo 4 came back we were going to be going back to specialized rank tags to determine the privates from the sergeants, and so on. It is something greatly agreed upon and we talked about it forever.

I don't know if these rank tags are temporary, but if they are to stay, then I REALLY want to press for each rank getting a separate tag, and I would like it if they are a bit darker. It's hard for me to read what each rank is sometimes. It's easy for some, but some rank tags are impossible to read them. Blackhawk's for example is one that I can only see he is a general, but I couldn't read what type of general he was. :/

Don't get me wrong, they are well made, and I like the design, but I really want to press for more specific rank tags, and a bit darker ones too.
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

Re: Halo 4 and FC Wars

i have 1 problem, the whole adding damage resistance behind a barricade, it will just make people start camping like a little bitch, and that is hated enough

everything else seems good enough

Blog Posts

I like the ideas. They are really creative. I would be up to testing them out beforehand, especially like the damage resistant barriers. Although I think the damage resistance would also be applied for standing there, even if being shot from behind. =/

But I'd be willing to give them a try. As for the Lore, I think it's all under control haha.

Loadouts, I think it would be neat if we got more defined Soldier loadouts. However, another side of me would like individual load outs so that my Platoon has more variety on what they can change to to fit their assigned role. I'll make up my mind when I can play the game a bit and see which would work best.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut9473 View Post
    i have 1 problem, the whole adding damage resistance behind a barricade, it will just make people start camping like a little bitch, and that is hated enough

everything else seems good enough
    Using cover to avoid damage and trying to stay out of enemy fire is a far superior tactical choice to not doing it.
    Hence the common term, 'Stop just running out there like a fucking retard.'
    Although adding buffs for cover is a bad idea, I just disagree with your delivery. Cover provides enough, well, cover.

Also maintaining all of everyone's ranks in our bars would be a daunting task.
    BLUE Major General Ret.

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rokkman X View Post
    Using cover to avoid damage and trying to stay out of enemy fire is a far superior tactical choice to not doing it.
    Although adding buffs for cover is a bad idea, I just disagree with your delivery. Cover provides enough, well, cover.

I have no problem for using cover, just not for sitting in the same fucking spot for a majority of the game

stay on the move, just move slowly

When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rokkman X View Post

First off, the barriers in response to Juggernaut would be a very narrow line along the barricade, meaning you would need to be right behind it to have it take effect. Yes, you would get it from behind as well which doesn't work overly well, but overall I think it would be an interesting idea. Now in regard to cover Rokkman, you are talking about GOOD cover. What I am talking about is the kind of cover the actually sandbag barricades provided. Up to your hips may be safe, but your head is in plain view. I think it would streamline people to certain areas because I remember whenever I saw a sandbag barricade before I was thinking "death trap" with the buff though, it might actually be viable. The barriers would also be a bit closer to the middle of the map, usually where we describe things as the "kill zone" and maybe a few other places. Trust me in saying that I am not wanting to make someone invincible here, simply make it where people behind these baricades can actually take some legit punishment. They would still be killable by sniping, and frankly I think they would be areas that snipers would check often.

Verboten, I would LOVE individual loadouts myself, and that is what I would fight for if I could, but I was unsure if people would be alright with that. If we can do it, HELL YES.

Rokkman, you joined I think after we shifted to these more groups rank bars. They can be done, and frankly they SHOULD be done. If you want I can post another page and a half rant on why, but frankly it isn't THAT much work. Privates should have seperate ranks bars from Sergeants. I don't mean that everyone has their very own specialized rank bar, but that all BLUE Sergeants have the same rank bar, all Privates have their own rank bar, and so on. If HC get their very own, then the rest of the community should too.

I'm not sure about you Rokkman, but I personally don't like that we are trying to make ranks mean more, and yet it is hard to do that when we share so many of the same rank bars. Not only that, but if you want to be seen with your proper rank you now need to either get into HC, or put it in your signature. A while back each rank had their own tag, and it gave a better feeling of accomplishment to have something to show for your rank. It gives better purpose and pull to lower ranks to work higher, and helps provide a more clear chain of command.
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Sorry Salv, but I disagree with most of these points I don't want to offend you or anything but I'm not a fan of them bud.

Personally, I think (at least for the beta war) we should be able to customize our classes at will, and however we want to. Power weapons and etc will still be on map but I want to be able to spawn with any Primary if I've already unlocked it.

And about the Forerunner Weapons, the "We just found them" excuse kind of works. We can put the lore to it, make the feeling of these wars seem more dangerous than previous wars with the including of Forerunner weapons and gadgets.

And with the barriers, I can see it being annoying if I put more shots into someone in cover, but because they are in cover they have more health, I die. If they are in cover they are being protected by shots, I think that's a large enough advantage.

EDIT: I do agree with having separate rank bars -_- don't know why we got rid of those in the first place, I liked having a different pic for each rank, and having each rank be specified.

(By Ireland Wolf)

When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuRroundeD By 1 View Post
    Sorry Salv, but I disagree with most of these points I don't want to offend you or anything but I'm not a fan of them bud.

Personally, I think (at least for the beta war) we should be able to customize our classes at will, and however we want to. Power weapons and etc will still be on map but I want to be able to spawn with any Primary if I've already unlocked it.

And about the Forerunner Weapons, the "We just found them" excuse kind of works. We can put the lore to it, make the feeling of these wars seem more dangerous than previous wars with the including of Forerunner weapons and gadgets.

And with the barriers, I can see it being annoying if I put more shots into someone in cover, but because they are in cover they have more health, I die. If they are in cover they are being protected by shots, I think that's a large enough advantage.
    Like I said later bud, if we can have our own loadouts that we make personally I'm ALL FOR IT. I simply didn't think we would allow it. If we can have that, then HELL YES.

Also sorry to burst your bubble but the lame excuse of "We just found them" doesn't really work. If they were found, they would go to a lab to be analyzed, not thrown into the field. Besides that, they wouldn't see widespread use through the whole army, simply given to small task forces for their use. The big guys get the big guns.

Also I am unsure why everyone is so scared of barriers. We are talkign about cover that even if you were crouching under, would still present your dome very easily, and the the zone trait would be for probably the 2 steps behind the cover. Basically a concussion round blast would easily throw you out of the trait zone. Hell a good grenade coudl do it, not to mention with EMP grenades, it woudl make those barriers unusable, as you would still be one shot regardless of damage resistance if you stayed inside of one. :/
    Project Ascension

"Addio amico mio"

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

I'll end the lore discussion right now...

It is being taken care of.

Continue discussing other things.

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by Salvanous View Post
    Like I said later bud, if we can have our own loadouts that we make personally I'm ALL FOR IT. I simply didn't think we would allow it. If we can have that, then HELL YES.

Also sorry to burst your bubble but the lame excuse of "We just found them" doesn't really work. If they were found, they would go to a lab to be analyzed, not thrown into the field. Besides that, they wouldn't see widespread use through the whole army, simply given to small task forces for their use. The big guys get the big guns.

Also I am unsure why everyone is so scared of barriers. We are talkign about cover that even if you were crouching under, would still present your dome very easily, and the the zone trait would be for probably the 2 steps behind the cover. Basically a concussion round blast would easily throw you out of the trait zone. Hell a good grenade coudl do it, not to mention with EMP grenades, it woudl make those barriers unusable, as you would still be one shot regardless of damage resistance if you stayed inside of one. :/
    Depends on how much technology we found. We could say that we found a few Forerunner Constructs heavily forified in Forerunner tech and weapons. If there were enough armories, that could mean thousands, maybe millions of weapons, so the possibility for Forerunner Weaponry isn't too far off, and who knows, why couldn't we have reverse engineered the tech and recreate it for mass production? How many years have passed since the Reach war and these new ones? The Lore could be fit into the explanation.

Plus, game play reasons may ask for it. So far, it's looking like the DMR might be the most powerful precision weapon, so why would I pick up a Light Rifle or Suppressor if I already have a DMR? Using it as a map pick-up wouldn't work very well . . .

(By Ireland Wolf)

Thread Information