Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: *SPOILERS*: Halo 4 Campaign Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Nocte View Post
    They never became Spartan IV's. They just started training them.
    they were fased into the spartan 4 program and are now classified as spartan 4's is what im saying

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

BLUE Soldier
    Gambler
    Shadow Broker
    Sangheili Shipmaster

I found the one button boss battle complete and utter bullshit

A Reaper is not a name, it is a title, meaning ultimate badass.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Grave View Post
    they were fased into the spartan 4 program and are now classified as spartan 4's is what im saying
    Oh. I never knew they were classified as Spartan IV's. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Capone111 View Post

But after the events of Cryptum and Primordium the Didact and the Bornstellar/Didact don't hate humanity. So could it be another Forerunner that Didact put his imprint on before the events of Cryptum?
    We still have Silentium to read, which I'm taking is why 343 waited to release it after Halo 4 to explain that.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocte View Post
    Oh. I never knew they were classified as Spartan IV's. Hmmm.

We still have Silentium to read, which I'm taking is why 343 waited to release it after Halo 4 to explain that.
    Exactly. Cause Born liked humans. Cryptum era Didact didn't love humans, but he understood them better than he did before and didn't hate them.

Al Capone111 doesn't do what Al Capone111 does for Al Capone111.
    Al Capone111 does what Al Capone111 does because Al Capone111 is Al Capone111.

I'm not an asshole, I'm just not afraid to say how I feel.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Grave View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Unified Earth Government created a whole branch of the military called simply "Spartan". The remaining S-II's and S-III's were put into this branch, but they're still classified as S-II, S-III, and S-IV.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    I know. I was expecting a epic battle because of all the weapon crates and stuff before you got to him.

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al Capone111 View Post
    Exactly. Cause Born liked humans. Cryptum era Didact didn't love humans, but he understood them better than he did before and didn't hate them.
    @Nocte This is what I'm saying. Neither Didact hated humanity, but they(Forerunner and Humanity) were enemies. Because of that, the Didact obviously didn't like humanity, but he respected them as a race and as equals, I think, which he mentioned when he was talking to the Lord of Admirals. That means that somewhere between Primordium and Halo 4 he went from respecting the human race to thinking that they were an insect to be crushed. Theories: Bornstellar Didact developed own opinions on humans(though he didn't hate them either), he snapped and went insane, something happened between him and the Librarian(Notice how the game didn't make a mention of their marriage).

I can't wait until Silentium because according to 343(Spark not Industries) she is still alive somewhere.

Also, to answer your other question, Silentium may take place after Halo 4, cause (SPOILER) at the end of Primordium Chakas goes berserk and hijacks a UNSC ship to go rocketing off in search of the Librarian. They may tell part of that story using flashbacks while the main book takes place in the present with Chakas trying to find the Librarians... cryptum? Or maybe she's inside of a shield world.

Note: Didact in books was a "humanitarian". Didn't want to set off Halo because he cared about the sanctity of life. He developed the Shield Worlds. The contrast between the book Didact and the game Didact is staggering. Either something huge happened to the Didact or 343(Industries not Guilty Spark) is diverting from the book.

Either way, I'm excited for the future of Halo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specact View Post
    I know. I was expecting a epic battle because of all the weapon crates and stuff before you got to him.
    The epic battle was fighting all those fuckin' Warrior-Servants on the platforms. Honestly, I don't mind the CoD ending because I think there will be an epic battle between Titans in one of the later games.

Didact definitely isn't dead. He doesn't survive for 150,000 years and then bite it from a grenade to the chest and falling into deep space.

The Didact is the only character in the series that may be cooler than the Chief.
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

Fabled Legendary Member
    I Like Turtles!
    I Live in an Igloo!
    Blog Posts

I just beat it on Legendary Solo, hardest Halo campaign I have ever done, needless to say it was awesome. I loved the Star Fox flying part.
    "Do you guys know how hard it is to masturbate with you all talking!" - UNLUCKY

Former Field Marshal of both the REDD and BLUE
    Creator of 21st Degree and the Resistance
    7 victories fought and lead

Blog Posts

May I also go on record and say this. The Forerunner Saga is being told the UNSC by Spark. An age old literary ruse is making the narrator unreliable, Spark could very well be unreliable.

The Terminals also explain why the Humans and Forerunners went to war in the first place. Humanity was all glassing Forerunner planets to stop the flood and never told the Forerunners why.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    I am actually happy to see that happen. Halo doesn't need boss battles and it should stay that way. Especially after the dreadful and phoned in one in Halo 2. Halo 3's "boss battle" with 343 was pointless and could have been resolved with a longer cutscene.
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

Thread Information