Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Posts

Re: *SPOILERS*: Halo 4 Campaign Discussion

In case you didn't know, Requiem was a prison >_> So I think the Didact was just insane. Possibly from being couped up for so long.

Overall I loved the Campaign. I think there was just a LITTLE too many tasks, like run over here and push this buttons, etc. I think they should have come up with a few more interesting tasks than just button pushing. I'm also sad we didn't get to see much of Requiem. Basically just got there and left lol.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    In case you didn't know, Requiem was a prison >_> So I think the Didact was just insane. Possibly from being couped up for so long.

Overall I loved the Campaign. I think there was just a LITTLE too many tasks, like run over here and push this buttons, etc. I think they should have come up with a few more interesting tasks than just button pushing. I'm also sad we didn't get to see much of Requiem. Basically just got there and left lol.
    I agree with the task thing, Im also finding the campaign, even on legendary incredibly easy... automatic weapons just rape everything and keep a precision weapon for un shielded opponent and blam... super easy campaign...

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Blog Posts

Cortana she's been around since... Forever. Will John go AI-less? Will Cortana make some miraculous return? I feel bad for John. That sucks.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coda View Post
    Cortana she's been around since... Forever. Will John go AI-less? Will Cortana make some miraculous return? I feel bad for John. That sucks.
    We never really saw here "die", I personally think she'll come back at some point in five. Chief can't go A.I.less. Think back on how much Cortana did for the Chief. I was okay with the button pressing gave me something to do while I'm fucking up the storm or the knights.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Blog Posts

I have no idea what the hell was happening through the campaign. It was also short and I felt all the missions were the same, hit a button, then do it again. Thank god those buttons looked fucking incredible.

I felt like I was missing explanation for what I was doing- in Halo 2 and Halo 3 the missions were very clear cut and I knew there was a purpose to what I was working towards.
    I also would have liked a boss battle- it's pretty anticlimactic to fight a whole campaign only to see the dude get pushed off a bridge by Cortana. I wanted to kill him myself.

I don't think there was enough explanation for us non-book reading gamers either...

Like, first of all, who is Didact? Is he forerunner? Is he Promethean? What the hell is a Promethean anyways?
    Who's the Librarian? What does she do to chief?

What interaction did the Didact have with humanity that pissed him off so much?

Why is Del Rio such a stupid fuck?

Why is the Covenant still fighting us?

Why was NOBODY really even REMOTELY surprised that THE MASTER FUCKING CHIEF WASN'T DEAD?!?

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocte View Post
    We never really saw here "die", I personally think she'll come back at some point in five. Chief can't go A.I.less. Think back on how much Cortana did for the Chief. I was okay with the button pressing gave me something to do while I'm fucking up the storm or the knights.
    In the description for the epilogue, it says "Cortana's death. . ." or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhawk View Post
    I have no idea what the hell was happening through the campaign. It was also short and I felt all the missions were the same, hit a button, then do it again. Thank god those buttons looked fucking incredible.

I agree.

I felt like I was missing explanation for what I was doing- in Halo 2 and Halo 3 the missions were very clear cut and I knew there was a purpose to what I was working towards.
    I also would have liked a boss battle- it's pretty anticlimactic to fight a whole campaign only to see the dude get pushed off a bridge by Cortana. I wanted to kill him myself.

Cortana didn't push him off, that grenade you placed on his back pushed him off.

I don't think there was enough explanation for us non-book reading gamers either...

Like, first of all, who is Didact? Is he forerunner? Is he Promethean? What the hell is a Promethean anyways?

Yeah, if you don't read the books you wouldn't know.

That'll be explained in detail in Silentium, probably.

Because he thinks he deserved that position (which he kinda did) though Margaret Parangosky thought otherwise.

Explained in Karen Traviss' books. Specifically, The Thursday War.

Why was NOBODY really even REMOTELY surprised that THE MASTER FUCKING CHIEF WASN'T DEAD?!?

In that jungle mission, if you listen to the Marines, they are all like "what the heck"? And "we thought you were dead!"
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

**Copied from Maxdoggy's Answer**

I agree.

Cortana didn't push him off, that grenade you placed on his back pushed him off.

Yeah, if you don't read the books you wouldn't know.

Didact is a Forerunner Promethean. Promethean is the technical term for a Forerunner Warrior-Servant. Like the Covenant the Forerunners had a caste system with the Builders on top(Prophets), then the Miners(Elites), Lifeworkers(Jackals), Warrior-Servants(Grunts). That was their system from top to bottom. Their jobs are completely different than the Covenant jobs.

Builders designed and built Forerunner structures. Halo's were designed by the Master Builder and Bornstellar's father. Miners were secondly important because they mined the material the builders used to build. Lifeworkers are like glorified medics or doctors. The lowest caste was the Warrior-Servants(Prometheans). The Prometheans were the fighters. They were the Forerunner military.

The Didact is a great Forerunner General who was imprisoned for not wanting to build the Halos. Instead of going to jail, he chose to enter a Cryptum(time capsule type thing). The Librarian gets Bornstellar to open the Cryptum, bringing the Didact back to life. The original Didact gets executed and Bornstellar becomes the Didact.

The Librarian is a Lifeworker. She's like the head Lifeworker called The Lifeshaper. She can control peoples genes and gives humanity a genetic memory. She is also the Didacts wife, which they never touch on. She forced Chief to evolve so that when the Composer melted the Dr. in that one level, it didn't work on him. She also unlocked the genetic memories which is that flashback when you meet her.

That'll be explained in detail in Silentium, probably.

At last check, the Didact liked humanity and the Bornstellar Didact had human friends so shit definitely goes down.

Because he thinks he deserved that position (which he kinda did) though Margaret Parangosky thought otherwise.

Explained in Karen Traviss' books. Specifically, The Thursday War.

They are a Covenant zealot group/terrorist organization I think called the something something of Abiding Truth

In that jungle mission, if you listen to the Marines, they are all like "what the heck"? And "we thought you were dead!"

@Nocte The second one is told from Chakas perspective, but the first is told from Bornstellars.
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

the rings were already made, the librarian wanted to use them but didact was more on to kill the humans and enslave them by making them prometheans as a kindness in his opinion, he ignored why the humans did what they did he saw it as an attack and that they needed to be set back and he didnt really care and was imprisoned by the librarian on requiem for his "crimes". as well, the forerunners didnt know the humans were trying to stop the flood and in turn doomed the human race

Thread Information