I posted this in another thread started by Rokkman (where it went largely unnnoticed) so I'm reposting it as I think it deserves some consideration. This is just a couple ideas of how to give incentives to certain maps over others on the WarMap. I'd love to get some other ideas flowing if you have some!

Well, I don't know about the big changes that you're trying to put out there, but I do agree with the idea that squares of the map should have some incentives. Maybe we could have it so that winning on bigger maps would have a bigger payout credit-wise?

It could be something along the lines of:
  • credits = amount of credits earned as determined by map odds
  • modifier = 1+.5[(number of players per team-4)/4]
  • modcred = credits*modifier
  • 4v4 maps have credit modifier of 1 (receive 100% of credits)
  • 5v5 maps have a 1.125 credit modifier (receive 112.5% of credits)
  • 6v6 maps have a 1.25 credit modifier (receive 125% of credits)
  • 8v8 maps have a 1.5 credit modifier (receive 150% of credits)

As a balance to this system, maybe ambush would scale depending on map size? (Small teams easier to insert behind enemy lines, large teams are more difficult/expensive)
Well, I don't know about the big changes that you're trying to put out there, but I do agree with the idea that squares of the map should have some incentives. Maybe we could have it so that winning on bigger maps would have a bigger payout credit-wise?

As a balance to this system, maybe ambush would scale depending on map size? (Small teams easier to insert behind enemy lines, large teams are more difficult/expensive)
  • ambush = standard ambush price
  • modifier = (number of players on map)/6
  • modamb = credits*modifier
  • 4v4 maps have a 2/3 ambush modifier (66.7% of price)
  • 5v5 maps have a 5/6 ambush modifier (83.3% of price)
  • 6v6 maps have an ambush modifier of 1 (100% of price)
  • 8v8 maps have an 4/3 ambush modifier (133.3% of price)

Using ambushes as a way to counterbalance a credit-modifier system, if would give an incentive to 4v4 maps as well as give a downside to 8v8 maps. (I omitted 7v7 maps because as far as I know we don't play on any)