Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: FC Video Intro Cinematic?

Here is a more refined version of the cinematic intro:

#Change log:

- Made the start of the video shorter so it now goes straight into motion without a 'slow' build up.
    - The words 'Forerunner' and 'Conflict' are now on maximum Red and Blue settings respectively.
    - Extended the black screen for 1 second to allow a more smoother transition.
    - The link to the website only appears once and stays for the remainder of the video.

#What I could not change:

- I attempted to extend the soundtrack as per Mythonian's request however it generally equaled to the cinematic intro either A) Losing its intended impact or B) It just looked and sounded 'wonky' for a lack of a better word.

#Be sure to watch in HD!
    Last edited by Sir Nihlus; 12-04-2012 at 07:54 AM.
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
    ON THE WATCH
    REMEMBER REACH

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Does anyone know if the "F" and "C" from our logo is from a font set, or was it a custom font?

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Excellent job.

By the way, everyone who made an intro: I just gave you guys Machinima ribbons for creating them, as well as a bit of vCash.

If someone else wants to also make another intro (or even Rain make another one): having multiple intros (or outros) is always good, and we'd cycle through them for each video.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Excellent job.

By the way, everyone who made an intro: I just gave you guys Machinima ribbons for creating them, as well as a bit of vCash.

If someone else wants to also make another intro (or even Rain make another one): having multiple intros (or outros) is always good, and we'd cycle through them for each video.
    Cool beans. I'm still working on mine, but it probably wont be done for 2-3 days, between my lack of animating know-how and crazy long render times on my crappy computer. I just finished recreating the FC logo in 3D, if anyone wants a sneak peek:

How pretty

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Work-in-progress(watch in 720p!):

If you have any suggestions, that'd be great. Here's a few things I'm already thinking of doing moving forward:
    • In the next version, I'll try to have the attaching sections do a quick revolution around the center target before attaching, to better show a sense of 3-dimensionality.
    • Add more keyframes to the attaching pieces, so they'll appear to move more dynamically than they do now.
    • Attempt to make the transition between the dissolving logo and the appearing text smoother.
    • Eventually, I'll be adding sounds (although I have little clue what I'll be doing with them). Here's a few ideas though:
      • "Hammer-on-anvil" type sound when pieces attach to each other.
      • Possibly a pulse grenade sound when the logo starts to dissolve?
      • Add various sound effects from the Halo Waypoint Promethean weapons trailer as background noise.
      • Music?

If you guys think of anything else, let me know. Or if you think the above ideas are stupid and I should quit now, also let me know!
    Last edited by KazuhLLL; 12-05-2012 at 03:22 AM.

My advice stop thinking in 3D, there are better tools for what you are trying to accomplish. I have tried avoiding this topic, because it will base heavily on personal taste. I have to say something since Computer Animation is the Field I am going to College for, and I have Actually bought some of these programs.

If you want to keep going 3d, the first thing I would advise is putting some texture to the FC emblem,it is a little too flat for my taste. You could go a worn war look, or a Realistic Sci-fi. The Animation is nice, watching it be put together seems to flow really well, but you should put a little more time between when it finishes and the Dissolve Effect. It is a tad too fast, and it ruins the flow of the opening.

Personally I don't like the font of any of these openings, I don't see why you guys never use the FC font at the top of the page. It is actually used by FC already and it has a lot more of a Halo-esk feel. You want the Font to fit in but attract your eyes. It is the main focus and you do not, and I repeat Do Not cover it with flashy effects. There is nothing more annoying for some one like me with OCD than a bunch of flashy stuff that distracts me.

Personally I don't like openings, I find them distracting and too flashy, but this is just person preference. I think which ever is used should have a professional feel too it, and not something some random clan makes to make themselves look cool. Be Very Very careful with sound effects. They sound awesome when you make it, and watch it by itself, but if you put it in front of a video it can have very jarring effects.

The Best advice I can give you is look at the 343 Logo, the next time you start up Halo 4. It is fairly simple, quick, and makes your eyes focus on 343. The thing to remember about openings is, they annoy people. Not many enjoy watching them they came for the video. Openings can also do as much harm as good.

I would say Rain Requiem is in the lead, but only because it is more finished. KazuhLLL has more potential, but I would recommend dropping Cinema 4D and picking up Blender 3D. C4D is for projects like the movie Avatar, and it is much like trying to kill an ant with a Shotgun, it can do the job eventually, but there are easier tools. You guys need to keep going you both have some good starts to some really good openings.

Location = Unknown Forerunner World/Core

Lucian-A052 - MJOLNIR Gen 2, SRS99-S5 AM(AP ammo), 2x M7 Caseless Submachine Gun(AP ammo), 1x M9 HEDP Fragmentation Grenade, 3x Flashbang Grenade. Carrying 1 Promethean Light Rifle

Smart AI "Nara"

MJOLNIR Gen 2 Varient: Helmet – Protector DRFT, Body - Tracker

Silas-H412 - MJOLNIR Gen 2, M6 Grindell/Galilean Nonlinear Rifle, M7 Caseless Submachine Gun(AP ammo), 3x M9 HEDP Fragmentation Grenade, 1x Combat Knife.

MJOLNIR Gen 2 Varient - War Master Helmet, Body - Stalker

Levi-H691 - MJOLNIR Gen 2, M90 Shotgun, BR55 Battle Rifle, 3x M9 HEDP Fragmentation Grenade, 3x Flashbang Grenade, 2x Combat Knives.

MJOLNIR Gen 2 Varient - Commando

Isaac-H302 – MJOLNIR Gen 2, SRS99-S5 AM(AP ammo), BR55 Battle Rifle(Suppressed), 1x M9 HEDP Fragmentation Grenade, 2x Flashbang Grenade, 1x Combat Knife.

MJOLNIR Gen 2 Varient - Gungnir

Eli-H209 - MJOLNIR Gen 2, M7 Caseless Submachine Gun(AP ammo), M395 Designated Marksman Rifle(Suppressed), 1x M9 HEDP Fragmentation Grenade, 2x Flashbang Grenade, 1x Combat Knife.

MJOLNIR Gen 2 Varient - Infiltrator

Even-H324 – MJOLNIR Gen 2, SRS99-S5 AM(AP ammo), BR55 Battle Rifle(Suppressed), 1x M9 HEDP Fragmentation Grenade, 2x Flashbang Grenade, 1x Combat Knife.

MJOLNIR Gen 2 Varient – Scout

Ian-H821 - MJOLNIR Gen 2, M7 Caseless Submachine Gun(AP ammo), M395 Designated Marksman Rifle(Suppressed), 1x M9 HEDP Fragmentation Grenade, 2x Flashbang Grenade, 1x Combat Knife.

MJOLNIR Gen 2 Varient - Recon

Max-H870 - MJOLNIR Gen 2, BR55 Battle Rifle, M90 Shotgun, 2x M9 HEDP Fragmentation Grenade, 2x Flashbang Grenade, 2x C12 Shaped Charge, 1x Combat Knife.

MJOLNIR Gen 2 Varient – Ranger

Adrian-H004 - MJOLNIR Gen 2, M7 Caseless Submachine Gun(AP ammo), M6 Grindell/Galilean Nonlinear Rifle, 2x M9 HEDP Fragmentation Grenade, 2x Flashbang Grenade, 2x C12 Shaped Charge, 1x Combat Knife.

MJOLNIR Gen 2 Varient – C.I.O.

Micah-H639 - MJOLNIR Gen 2, BR55 Battle Rifle, M90 Shotgun, 3x M9 HEDP Fragmentation Grenade, 4x Flashbang Grenade, 5x Antlion Anti-Personnel Mine,1x Combat Knife.

MJOLNIR Gen 2 Varient – E.O.D

Liam-H494 - MJOLNIR Gen 2, M7 Caseless Submachine Gun(AP ammo), M6 Grindell/Galilean Nonlinear Rifle, 3x M9 HEDP Fragmentation Grenade, 4x Flashbang Grenade, 4x C12 Shaped Charge, 1x Combat Knife.

MJOLNIR Gen 2 Varient - Hazop

Character Name: Lucian A-051
    Character Faction: Brotherhood
    Character Personality: Adrenaline Junkie, Quick-Thinker, Soloist, Competitive, Taunter
    Character Skills: -Close Quarters Combat, -Sniping, -Infiltration

Character Bio: A Spartan - III Headhunter , A-051 excelled at dangerous missions and enjoyed the chaos of the conflict. After his Last mission which resulted in the death of his partner, he was adrift many years staying alive only because of Cryo-sleep. The Ship was found by a Imperial patrol and brought Research Facility for study. For weeks he torturous examinations, They wanted to gather as much data on UNSC era Spartan-III to improve their own troops . Near the End of the Reach Wars, the Brotherhood raided the facility for supplies. Among the prototypes they find Lucian, A Relic of the UNSC Era. The UNSC Loyalists Take him back too their Command and re-equip him and unleashed him upon the Empire. Lucian Fights in every conflict he can no matter how small.

Lucian is use to fighting in pairs and against overwhelming odds, He makes use of his skill with Firearms, deception, and Stealth. During the UNSC era, He was was known for taunting his enemies with Holograms. He excels with any weapon and any range.

Character Name: Nara
    Character Personality: A.I. Intelligence, Cold, Task Oriented,

Character Skills: Infiltration, Subterfuge, Spying.

Character Bio: Nara has been Lucian's AI for over a year now, gaining much experience in combat situations. Over that Year she has learn many things to help boost Lucian's survival rate, despite his risky behavior. She specializes in entering enemy systems and altering, hacking them and retrieving data without them knowing. She keeps several viruses locked up for scrambling enemy systems, and for stopping or slowing hostile A.I.

Character Name: Serin Osman S019
    Character Personality: Direct, ONI Agent, Spartan Training, Long Term Planner,
    Character Skills: -Subterfuge, -Spying, -Infiltration

Character Bio: Admiral Serin Osman, formerly SPARTAN-019. Abducted in 2517 as a SPARTAN-II candidate, Osman failed the augmentation process and was recruited into ONI. Considered as a "protege" to Admiral Margaret Parangosky, the Director of Naval Intelligence, she has groomed the former Spartan for a potential future as her successor. She is also known for 'in-your-face' way of answering people. She was hand picked by Parangosky to lead a diplomatic mission to Sanghelios after the war, giving her connections to several powerful and important Covenant Leading Figures.

When The UNSC became the Empire, Osman was lost in the internal power struggle and hated how the UNSC was changing. She left to rally support for what would become a large part of the Brotherhood Forces. Spending much time traveling from contact to contact, the cryo sleep causing her to age considerably less than expected.

Prowler “The Phoenix's Delusion
    Crew 3 Naval Officers
    Commanded by Serin Osman

Plato-Class Stealth Corvette x 5
    with crew and AI

Plato-Class Stealth Corvette”DG1”
    250 Naval Officers
    3 Teleportation Boarding Craft
    Non-Crew
    Brotherhood Ground Officer x 10
    Brotherhood Orbital Drop Shock Troopers x 90
    Gear
    ODST Battle Armor x 100
    MA5D Assault Rifle x 20
    BR55 Battle Rifle x 20
    M90 Shotgun x 30
    M7 Caseless Submachine Gun x 30
    M9 HEDP Fragmentation Grenade x 100
    Flashbang Grenade x 100
    Armor Piercing Rounds x 30

Plato-Class Stealth Corvette”DG2”
    250 Naval Officers
    Non-Crew
    Gear
    ODST Battle Armor x 100
    MA5D Assault Rifle x 20
    BR55 Battle Rifle x 20
    M90 Shotgun x 30
    Flashbang Grenade x 100

Plato-Class Stealth Corvette”DG3”
    100 Naval Officers
    Non-Crew
    Gear
    ODST Battle Armor x 100
    MA5D Assault Rifle x 20
    BR55 Battle Rifle x 20
    M90 Shotgun x 30
    Flashbang Grenade x 100

Plato-Class Stealth Corvette”DG4”
    100 Naval Officers
    Non-Crew
    Gear
    ODST Battle Armor x 100
    MA5D Assault Rifle x 20
    BR55 Battle Rifle x 20
    M90 Shotgun x 30
    Flashbang Grenade x 100

Plato-Class Stealth Corvette”DG5”
    100 Naval Officers
    Non-Crew
    Gear
    ODST Battle Armor x 100
    MA5D Assault Rifle x 20
    BR55 Battle Rifle x 20
    M90 Shotgun x 30
    Flashbang Grenade x 100

1 x Ground Officer, ODST Armor, SMG(AP), 1 Frag, 1 Flash.
    3x ODSTs, ODST Armor, Shotgun, 1 Frag 1 Flash
    2x ODSTs, ODST Armor, SMG(AP), 1 Frag 1 Flash
    2x ODSTs, ODST Armor, Ars, 1 Frag 1 Flash
    2x ODSTs, ODST Armor, Brs, 1 Frag 1 Flash
    10 Squads on each ship

Plato-Class Stealth Corvette “Rescue Party”
    50 Naval Officers
    D77-TC Pelican Dropship x 10
    Brotherhood Pilot x 10

So, after much tinkering around with effects, I produced a second intro for FC that I like to call "Battle chatter". Unlike the first intro, this one is 2D in design, thus making it fairly simple. This intro unlike the first, is solely for FC's YouTube videos, so as you'll see in the video, the only advertisement would be the FC logo itself. Overall, I am very pleased with how it turned out and I hope you enjoy watching it:

I welcome any and all opinions.

#Be sure to watch in HD for best quality!
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
    ON THE WATCH
    REMEMBER REACH

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RainRequiem View Post
    So, after much tinkering around with effects, I produced a second intro for FC that I like to call "Battle chatter". Unlike the first intro, this one is 2D in design, thus making it fairly simple. This intro unlike the first, is solely for FC's YouTube videos, so as you'll see in the video, the only advertisement would be the FC logo itself. Overall, I am very pleased with how it turned out and I hope you enjoy watching it:

I like it. I think I prefer the 3D ones better.. but I can definitely see this being an FC intro Once again, well done

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RainRequiem View Post

I don't like it. It's not interesting, sorry :/

Plus the TV effect is pretty obviously Vegas/AE. Like in the way that the blue screen and text is to WMM.

Here's how I think ours should look. Just the begging like, second.

Nothing incredibly fancy, but a uniform animation like that. 3D will beat 2D just about every time also

Thread Information