View Poll Results: Are you going to buy Far Cry 3?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 21.74%
  • One Day...

19 41.30%
  • No

17 36.96%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 3

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

Re: Far Cry 3

Im about 2 hours in and I'm loving it. I can't believe I never bought a Far Cry game before thos one. The island os beautiful and the enemies aren't too stupid. And I love all the characters so far.

I've seen a few glitches but that's to be expected nowadays for the first few weeks of launch for games.

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

The game is simply outstanding. Seriously, this is a MUST-OWN GAME. I'd easily put it in the top 3 games released this year with Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed 3. Farcry 2 was fucking terrible, but Farcry Instincts: Predator was awesome (none of the games are related in anyway though). Farcry 3 is reminded me A LOT of Instincts: Predator with the whole tropical island setting. The main villains are simply insane which makes for an awesome story, and the gameplay is solid as ever. Even if you just want to run around and explore or hunt some crazy fucking leopards or sharks, you can do that!!! Far Cry has always had a very unique map editor mode which puts Halo's forge to shame. In Farcry you can literally create your own landscape and scenarios. It's just awesome. EVERYONE BUY IT NAOW.

I created Hill 30

Wait, they don't relate at all, nvm I'm not buying the other ones now

Quote Originally Posted by Lol its James View Post
    Wait, they don't relate at all, nvm I'm not buying the other ones now

The are still amazing games Far Cry 2 was meh, but Predator i reccomend buying.

Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

Not anytime soon. Mainly because I loved Far Cry on the Xbox and remake/expansion for the 360. But when i played the second one (Far Cry 2) I wanted to kill myself. The gameplay was horrible. The damn Malaria and loading screens.

Al Capone111 doesn't do what Al Capone111 does for Al Capone111.
    Al Capone111 does what Al Capone111 does because Al Capone111 is Al Capone111.

I'm not an asshole, I'm just not afraid to say how I feel.

I've been playing FC3 for the past 5 days and I LOOOOOOOOOVE IT. I cant put the damn controller down.

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

I'm with Lightning, this is the best game of the year next to Halo 4.

FC3=Amazing

I love Far Cry 3. I'm just starting a second play through. The gameplay is solid. Visuals are solid. Rook Islands are a really awesome place to explore. The plot is a bit cliche but I still loved it. The emotional undertones to it were really good as well. Such as Jason's emotional state throughout the game. But in my opinion what really stood out to me was the voice acting. Especially Vaas.

The game is just so solid. The way the worlds mechanics interacts with each other is just truely outstanding.

My story: Crouching up on an enemy base to go take it, line up a head shot with my sniper rifle and the I hear a growl. Turn to my left and a fucking tiger jumps out of the bushes and attacks me. I switch to my shotgun in a "holy shit" moment and shoot it, but I don't kill it. The guards in the base then hear me and start charging out of the base guns blazing. I then turn and run for the top of this mountain with 7 guards and a tiger after me. I run through some brush and little did I know I'm in dingo country so a pack of dingos start chomping on my legs. I run past them, throw a molotov and light the brush on fire behind me. The most of the guards stop and fight the tiger, but the dingos and a few guards are still on me. I get to the top of the mountain get on a zip line and make my escape but at the end of the zip line are enemies somehow waiting for me. I get off the zip line mid way and land into the ocean and immediately get attacked by a shark. I fend off a few shark attacks and grab a nearby jet ski that was laying around. After I jump on the jet ski and enemy patrol boat spots me and starts firing their .50 cal at me. I book it for the nearest allied base and eventually get away.

It's just one thing after another, after another, after another. I love it. Also the pot fields mission is perhaps the best thing in that game.

REDWATCH VETERAN

Thread Information