Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Freelancers

Re: Freelancers

Well I, for one, would join. There do not need to be many people, not even over 50. You need an extra BLUE, hire a freelancer. Same thing for the REDDs.
    "Do you even know what the fuck a pronoun is?" - AlienatedWaffle
    We're the last of a dying breed
    PURPLE VETERAN

<://GAINING ACCESS TO FILE "FREE/3/...

//ACCESS GRANTED//

<://OPENING FILE "FREE/3/"...

FULL NAME: FREE, CALEB M.
    SERVICE #: FREE
    UNIT: REDD/CENTURION/REDWATCH-VICTOR
    (E)INT: 11B/11F/13B
    ENLISTMENT DATE: 11/22/2574
    BIRTHPLACE: ECTANUS-45/CHI-RHO/CESTEL
    BIRTHDATE: 04/06/2555

PERFORMANCE:
    Well-rounded in most combat techniques; FREE prefers medium-long range. He also makes use of the Sniper and Battle Rifle. When in close range, FREE prefers the Covenant STORM Rifle, or the Assault Rifle.

COMMENTS:
    FREE had an older brother, taken as a child for [CLASSIFIED].
    FREE's father joined the UNSC as part of the ONI [CLASSIFIED] in 2557.

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Quote Originally Posted by xXReiBearXx View Post
    Ok maybe you guys should HIGHLY consider this suggestion before we post any more suggestions cause to be honest I am so tired of having to see suggestions be responded with "WE DID THIS ALREADY"
    I just want to contribute as someone who hasn't seen this idea implemented and also disagrees with it, since I haven't seen anyone who fits both those categories yet.

There are ways to avoid stepping on toes here. I know that when I joined FC a little while ago, my army choice was arbitrary. SpartanBH's post on Waypoint is what led me here, and as far as I was concerned I had no ties to either army (little did I know what friends of friends I'd find). Point is, I didn't concern myself too much about which army I would be tied to, because as I considered the idea that, even separated as factions, REDD and BLUE members would still play together and have history with one another.

I was right. In fact, I played a few games with some of Redwatch today, when Myth dragged our parties together.

You have the power to make this kind of thing happen, but the War Council works hard to make official game nights run smoothly, so those should not be interfered with. Luckily enough, there are 6 other days of the week you can use. Look at Anarchy's Purple tournament for instance. That was a pretty sweet idea on how to get REDD and BLUE to celebrate community spirit, and I look forward to playing in that tournament. While it is true that you should not try to create a rogue faction to participate in official nights, that doesn't stop you from starting something communal in FC.

Anyway, that's my opinion. Don't try to interfere with Sunday Battles, but don't let that discourage you from bringing both sides together in some other way.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

My point is....WHY WOULD THE ARMY LEADER DECIDE TO HOP OVER THEIR OWN LOYAL RECRUITS FOR A FREELANCER?! That is just not fair to someone who is putting in the effort of being in an army?! That's just a cruel way for people who are lazy to join in army activities to have a chance at battles.

I created Hill 30

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    It's one thing for them to understand what the group is about, it's another thing for them to not abuse it. What do we do if someone active wants to be in it? Where do we draw the line? Do we kick someone out of the group if they play too much?
    I'm just throwing ideas out there. We don't have the numbers for this to be effective, but I would imagine it being a chill third party that rarely gets used and isn't too full. Think of it as a "Reserves" were for each Faction when we still had them. Or think of it as when Micro or people were rejoining but say they can't play often. I would think of it as being something like that.

I'll sleep on it to see if I think of anything, but really it wouldn't work too well. I would just think it leaves middle ground for people who want to help out with the community aspect help out the war simulation by bouncing around from faction to faction on Sundays if they can play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanbh View Post
    My point is....WHY WOULD THE ARMY LEADER DECIDE TO HOP OVER THEIR OWN LOYAL RECRUITS FOR A FREELANCER?! That is just not fair to someone who is putting in the effort of being in an army?! That's just a cruel way for people who are lazy to join in army activities to have a chance at battles.
    It wouldn't be whole Squads. Only a few people to help fill a Mix or so. Things like that. Not a whole new Faction, persay.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Also, I am not sure I have seen a situation where either army has needed a freelancer. My squad has had to take substitute a couple times in the beta war, but they were BLUEs on standby. Why go ask for freelancers when we have people from our own army who are waiting for a chance to play? Isn't that why we often have "BLUE Mix" and "REDD Mix" on the scoreboards?

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

Their down guy(s) they can hire them for practice and some want a 3rd Group

I actually cut this out of my longer post.

We always have extras, at least in BLUE, sitting around. It's very rare we only need one or two people. Beyond that, freelancers would hardly ever play. Even if they did find a position to play in, they'd be replaced instantly if a BLUE got on. Honestly, if I were inactive and couldn't show up to but maybe one battle a month, I probably wouldn't want to be in the group that gets replaced every two seconds.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JamCliche View Post
    Also, I am not sure I have seen a situation where either army has needed a freelancer. My squad has had to take substitute a couple times in the beta war, but they were BLUEs on standby. Why go ask for freelancers when we have people from our own army who are waiting for a chance to play? Isn't that why we often have "BLUE Mix" and "REDD Mix" on the scoreboards?
    My second REDWATCH group sat out an entire round of Platoons going into battle because we didn't have one extra person. So I had to play with the first group, then hop in their group right afterwards to fill the spot. So they had to wait a whole round of all our other Platoons going in before they could.

Not saying it happens a lot, but it does.

A downside of the Freelancers could be, if extras aren't needed that night, then they don't get to play.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

I can make this simple...

I War Director. I say no Freelancers. My word is mighty.

Blog Posts

Can I just say, first of all this won't work and we shouldn't waste our time with it. Not only have we done it before, but somethings just wouldn't work out. This is one of them.

Leave it alone. The war council is hesitant and they do a good job of keeping us thriving, so let them lead.
    I'll bring up an old saying from when we tried to get a big and unnecessary change.

"This isn't a democracy"

Thread Information