Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Freelancers

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Re: Freelancers

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    My second REDWATCH group sat out an entire round of Platoons going into battle because we didn't have one extra person. So I had to play with the first group, then hop in their group right afterwards to fill the spot. So they had to wait a whole round of all our other Platoons going in before they could.
    Wouldn't you rather fill those potential team gaps with someone from REDD faction? In my eyes, a team that is down a member or two is merely being a taught a lesson in recruitment or encouragement of activity.

Cyberdyne's activity started to fizzle in the last couple weeks, so our Squad leadership is taking steps to both recruit and keep people active. What we aren't doing is asking for a neutral faction for our FM to spend money hiring just to help us off our asses.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Blog Posts

Also:
    We should focus on making what we have now, better, instead of trying to add on shiny new things.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JamCliche View Post
    Wouldn't you rather fill those potential team gaps with someone from REDD faction? In my eyes, a team that is down a member or two is merely being a taught a lesson in recruitment or encouragement of activity.

Cyberdyne's activity started to fizzle in the last couple weeks, so our Squad leadership is taking steps to both recruit and keep people active. What we aren't doing is asking for a neutral faction for our FM to spend money hiring just to help us off our asses.
    I would, and the spot WOULD get filled with a REDD. But there were none. So to kill down on the downtime they have to wait, quick patch the spot up with a Freelancer/Mercenary and get them in a game. Number 1 thing that people complain about is lobby wait time.

The downside of Freelancers; if no spots are needed to be filled, they could potentially not get to play at ALL on most Sundays.

Just throwing ideas out there to get people's minds stimulated Good ideas tend to stem off of other ideas.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

Cause fuck change right? NEW STUFF IS SATAN

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhawk View Post
    Also:
    We should focus on making what we have now, better, instead of trying to add on shiny new things.
    Agreed. If a freelancer faction was made, I know I'd stay in BLUE and try to make sure that our faction doesn't need to hire rogue players. More money to spend on the war as a whole, IMO.

That being said, I refer anyone who disagrees to my previous posts in this thread, page 4 especially. Just because there isn't a freelancer group doesn't mean REDD and BLUE can't play together and get to know each other. There's also transfers if you really insist.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LyricsMode View Post
    This is NOT what has come of this. GOOD change is accepted. Determine the quality of an idea and how it will affect us, and then it's either going to overall help or overall hurt us. And we determined the cons outweigh the pros.

Get your head on straight, Lyrics. Seriously. Those kind of comments aren't needed and are false.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Squads led:
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

I would, and the spot WOULD get filled with a REDD. But there were none. So to kill down on the downtime they have to wait, quick patch the spot up with a Freelancer/Mercenary and get them in a game. Number 1 thing that people complain about is lobby wait time.

The downside of Freelancers; if no spots are needed to be filled, they could potentially not get to play at ALL on most Sundays.

Just throwing ideas out there to get people's minds stimulated Good ideas tend to stem off of other ideas.
    See, I can't see the logic here. Let's pretend all of REDD, BLUE, and Freelancers are empty and devoid of soldiers at this moment, and there are 32 incoming people signing up on the site. 14 go BLUE, and 14 go REDD, then 4 people go freelancer, then each time these armies fought, they'd need to hire 2 freelancers each. It would be the same as having only two factions, where 16 go REDD and 16 go BLUE. This is a simplified version of the big picture in FC, and that big picture is this: FC is made up of a number of video game soldiers. That number is currently divided by 2. If that number was divided by 3, the number gets smaller. In other words, making a new faction doesn't magically give the community more members, nor does it give each army more potential teams. It simply splits up the current number of people in each army and fragments those armies as a results.

Quote Originally Posted by LyricsMode View Post
    Simply because one idea in particular is not accepted, does not mean the community is stuck in some negative pattern of ignorance and stubbornness.

Blog Posts

Aye but what happens if REDD has 12 and BLUE has 16 one week, say it was a DLC Map.

It's mainly circumstantial. And, like I said, I agree that this idea doesn't work, but I'm still just throwing ideas out there, maybe people can stem off my ideas. I agree, they'd be better suited just serving in a Faction. But say when I'm busy with College, and I'm just sitting at Member status, and I can actually make one battle a random Sunday in the Spring. Would I be able to play? <shrugs> It would kinda be like that. I would be a 'Freelancer' and just hop in with a group that needed me. That's all I'm saying.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Squads led:

Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JamCliche View Post
    See, I can't see the logic here. Let's pretend all of REDD, BLUE, and Freelancers are empty and devoid of soldiers at this moment, and there are 32 incoming people signing up on the site. 14 go BLUE, and 14 go REDD, then 4 people go freelancer, then each time these armies fought, they'd need to hire 2 freelancers each. It would be the same as having only two factions, where 16 go REDD and 16 go BLUE. This is a simplified version of the big picture in FC, and that big picture is this: FC is made up of a number of video game soldiers. That number is currently divided by 2. If that number was divided by 3, the number gets smaller. In other words, making a new faction doesn't magically give the community more members, nor does it give each army more potential teams. It simply splits up the current number of people in each army and fragments those armies as a results.

Simply because one idea in particular is not accepted, does not mean the community is stuck in some negative pattern of ignorance and stubbornness.
    Nothings changed.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Aye but what happens if REDD has 12 and BLUE has 16 one week, say it was a DLC Map.
    DLC part aside, I propose that those four leftover freelancers would have been better off joining REDD, which would have made things a very simple situation indeed. I get what you're saying, though. If we pretend that BLUE has 18, and REDD 14, then both would have leftovers in any 4v4 or 8v8 situation. What I'm saying is, look at the glass as half full. Instead of seeing the need for freelancers as a way to fill in the gaps in leftover teams, consider your leftover teams as backup for other teams when the time dictates over the course of a battle night. However, that there is basically the whole purpose of the REDD/BLUE Mix teams, which means I rest my case.

Thread Information