Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New War Type

New War Type

Now I'm sure this isn't just me but I'm fed up of playing the same squads week in week out.

To counter this I've thought of a Protoype-War.

we could have a war with a draft type. Each Field Marshal goes through everyone willing to play in battles and selects them for their army. Even numbers and even armies. Each FM has the power to create squads however they like, which could also be requested by members. A whole re-jig that hey get to choose near enough every rank that isn't Higher and lower Enlisted.

It would make an even skill for each side and even numbers. After the draft recruiting is open. So numbers can fluctuate and it still has an incentive to recruit people. To gain the upper hand.

Something like this to spice up the wars, I think would be good. And also memorable and maybe revolutionary

I'm open to any suggestions, this literally only took twenty minutes.
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamidj

Re: New War Type

you mean similar to the FC Draft?

Everyone would be switched to white, until the respective FM's would choose their soldiers. but run like a draft.
    ۰۪۫J۰۰۪۫a۰۰۪۫m۰۰۪۫i ۰۰۪۫e۰۰۪۫D۰۰۪۫ J۰Purple Army Elite Trooper
    What We Do In Life, Echos in Eternity.

Do it.

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vader View Post
    Do it.
    If we're going to do something like this, it would need to be thought out and done during peacetime.

IF we do this, also, after teams and such are chosen, how would new recruits be placed?

You mean to split up me and my friends in Legacy Squad - the only reason I still participate in Halo 4 battles?
    Same goes with VbD. You split them up, they're gone (I would assume, I'll let them speak for themselves).

No.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    You mean to split up me and my friends in Legacy Squad - the only reason I still participate in Halo 4 battles?
    Same goes with VbD. You split them up, they're gone (I would assume, I'll let them speak for themselves).

No.
    This will always be the biggest issue with this kind of idea. While we'll have some members excited for a new experience, others will not want to participate due to being split up from people they know and play with daily.

Really if we want to "spice" things up, we need more squads, and fresh new faces to join our army.

Forerunner of Fire and Divinity PhoenixPrime's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: wsxphoenix

While I understand your idea, and why you want it to happen, there are several reasons why it can't, and shouldn't.

The squads you keep on facing are built out of folks who have been friends and squadmates, for a very long time. FC is a place for them to do community together, in their otherwise hectic lives.

However, drafting squads is possible. The War Council has tossed this issue back and forth for ages. I won't say we decided anything on it, but I will say that we haven't ruled it out. (To my knowledge, anyway)

"You must begin by gaining power over yourself; then another; then a group, an order, a world, a species, a group of species; finally, the galaxy itself."

Monday: 4:30-6:30
    Tuesday: 8:00-6:00
    Wednesday: 4:30-6:30
    Thursday: 8:00-11:30 & 3:00-6:30
    Friday: 9:30-6:30

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post

No.
    ^

My Name is Dunbar.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vader View Post
    Lol
    Disagreement on ideas is always an issue with any grouping of people.

As for the idea, I think it would be fun for 2-3 weeks, but after a while you'd just want to play with your friends, and the idea would never work wholeheartedly. As a separate war, it could work as an event, but people tend to stop caring about such events after a short period of time.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Thread Information