Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A Possible Way of Getting FC Back Up To Speed

As most of you already know, the numbers for FC are probably going to drop again due to the release of the Xbox One. This puts the numbers at terrible places and we really need peace time to come. I had an idea, which I'm hoping people will expand on, which involves a voluntary squad leader system. I think it would be a good idea if members from each army volunteered to be squad leaders, to have a chance of building their own squads. The applications of course could be decided by higher ups, in terms of who's active, dedicated, etc.

An expansion would be if higher ups were to accompany volunteers into new squads. Say for example, I was to volunteer to be a squad leader. Another higher up such as Jam Cliche or Ominous could follow me into this squad, just to help maintain it. Given the number of people who are (POSSIBLY) keen on becoming squad leaders, this community could circulate the word of FC around Halo 4 easily.

If more squads were created, putting banners aside, it could be possible to create companies again.

I would appreciate any feedback and possible expansions.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Blog Posts

Re: A Possible Way of Getting FC Back Up To Speed

But ... this already happens kinda? lol Anyway, it sounds like a good idea, however if you have too many people trying to make Squads and are inefficient at it, then you just have a lot of small groups of 2 - 3 people and that's never good. Like it is now, if you recruit a good 7 - 10 people, then you can be given a Squad usually because you show initiative.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

This is already a normal thing. We make sure not to start a new squad from scratch unless our already established squads are healthy already.

However, I think you'll find that activity will actually raise a good bit next war. A lot of people aren't getting the XONE right away, and even those who do are mostly keeping their 360. It isn't like on release the XONE has a ton of games to play.

If you're interested in starting a new squad, I'd recommend you contact your high command, it's usually allowed if you can show you have the mettle.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Oh no, I'm going to steer away from becoming a squad leader for a little bit unless this idea is taken on board. The only reason I'm suggesting this is because I'd hate to see this community fall, and I know it's in a really bad place at the moment.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Good luck

Violent by Design

Did someone say "Draft"???

Oh, no? Well it was basically inferred.

To expand on this, It would be fine if it was voluntary, and players who wanted a change of scenery could opt-in to a pool of players volunteering squad leaders could choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by bl4yze View Post
    Did someone say "Draft"???

Oh, no? Well it was basically inferred.

To expand on this, It would be fine if it was voluntary, and players who wanted a change of scenery could opt-in to a pool of players volunteering squad leaders could choose from.
    This is so far from implying a draft it's not even funny.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Violent by Design

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    This is so far from implying a draft it's not even funny.
    Yeah I haven't slept and skimmed through his post. I processed it as squad leaders pulling players that are already in the community. Re-read it now and have seen my tragic error. Carry on.

Draft sounds good.

Or a Firestorm 2

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Thread Information