Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

All covenant gametypes for wars (or a mini-war).

Ok...I know that I don't play in the wars and I hardly know the amount of effort that you guys put into your forging and customizations for gametypes, but I just felt like bringing this topic up. Back on HALO 2 (which I know was so much simpler lol), one of the "precursor" wars we had was called Galactic Wars that Raz and I leaded. In that war was 2 factions, the World Federation and Nova Republic. What made these wars unique from ALL other ones was that every time the World Fed played on a Nova Republic controlled map, all the weapons and vehicles were covenant (the back story being that the NR had found a covenant weapon stash or some crap like that so they used those weapons). But the game types were really fun when we had all covenant weapons because it was such an unusual change of pace and it kind of balanced out the skills because obviously not everyone is super-trained in covie weapons (also Forerunner weapons can be included).

So my suggestion is that we bring these game types back =D. Obviously not this war since it's about to start, but possibly for future wars. I'd love to see it tried out again for old times sake! However, I know you can't have a good suggestion without laying out the total pros and cons.

Pros:
    New game types/maps that utilize covenant game play
    New change of pace from the same old weapons always being used
    New story lines for the wars
    More of a universal war feeling with the additions of a large focus on these weapons
    Allows people to train more with other weapons other than the same old DMR/BR/AR combos.

Cons:
    Loadouts...they would have to be set loadouts cause most people obviously use UNSC weapons in their loadouts
    New Forged maps, which is probably the #1 major con. Maps would have to be created SOLELY for these game types and such. This could take a LOONG time.
    No actual NEED for the covie game types. It's a cool but adds a ton of extra work that can be stressful
    Plasma pistol is such a bitch in vehicle game types. The old elite slayer on Reach was PP city so vehicles were close to pointless at times

At this point, it does kind of seem like the cons outweigh the pros. But another suggestion would be a mini-war that obviously has no real affect on the main war, but it would give us a chance to at least test out if adding all-covie gametypes down the line is worth it. Now I'll probably be busy with college and stuff, but I just wanted to see if anyone here would want to take the initiative on pushing this movement! And hey, if worse comes to worse, there can be a lot of cool mini wars and events along these lines =).

I created Hill 30

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Re: All covenant gametypes for wars (or a mini-war).

I like the idea of doing this for mini-wars (maybe have longer peacetimes between "full" wars and put mini-wars during those peacetimes).

However, I'd rather not incorporate them into a full war. That would mean keeping up with 50-60 different gametype files. For example, for Liberation we would have:
    • Liberation
    • S. Liberation
    • H. Liberation
    • H. S. Liberation
    • C. Liberation
    • C. S. Liberation
    • H. C. Liberation
    • H. C. S. Liberation

Where "S." is for one-sided gametypes, "H." is for Heavy variants on large maps, and "C." is for the Covy ones.

Just me being selfish, but that's a lot to manage and ensure that the correct gametypes are always being used.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

It could work, and would be cool. Not this war, but perhaps in the next. We could have certain covenant-y maps using covenant weapons, same for forerunner. Problem is this game has an unusual absence of covenant themed maps.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

Myth, you're not being selfish....you already do SOOOO much.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by UNLUCKY NUM13ER View Post
    ^

Love ya Myth.

LOL

"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most, live the longest."

hhhhhhmmmmmmm covenant...

too bad u cant be an elite in this game!!!!

^ this, where would we be without you?
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Thread Information