It's John again. I just got back from a patrol mission from a local town. I noticed that the residents gave mixed gestures such as smiles and frowns. I guess we can't please everyone out here. I seen some families that reminded me of mine back at the farm, struggling to survive.

I overheard a father and his son talk about how the son must join the war so he can support his family. The father was too old to join the brotherhood, so the son had to step up as the man. The kid seemed confident, but I could hear the true tone masked under his voice. He was scared, and didn't know if he could handle the pressure. He must have been only 19, and he is already planning on risking his life for this war. Anyone could tell that the little community was taking a heavy hit from the war. People in the streets asking us for spare money, people fighting over rotten apples. Terrible, it was awful to witness.

While patrolling the less-fortunate side of town, we found bodies. Not Blues, not Redds, but innocent men and women. And from the looks of them, they may have been there for weeks. Decayed, lifeless corpses. My stomach couldn't handle it, it was too much to bare. The other guys didn't seem too shocked at the bodies, like as if they had grown immune to it. Is this what war does to people? Does it make us forget what makes us different from animals? What makes us human?

I don't know if I made the right choice enlisting. The only thing that keeps me going is my family. Without them, I wouldn't be able to live. I need them as much as they need me. Maybe I could write them some letters so I can keep in touch with them! Yeah, that seems like a great idea. I might even get to see what my princess looks like. Now I'm full of energy, I can't wait until later. Until next time, John out.