Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pokemon Free Roam

Ok I know the majority of you guys are older and in most likely mid-twenties, but honestly think about it. How freaking AWESOME would it be if you could play a pokemon game in the form of Skyrim. Walk around as your character, whom you create, and just travel the world of pokemon as it would be experienced if it was real. I'm 16 and believe if this were to ever happen later on in my life, no matter how old I am, I would always be siked to play pokemon free roam. Come on guys, just think about it. Let's try to make this happen, someway, somehow.

Re: Pokemon Free Roam

me gusta in every way
    "Veni, Vidi, Vici"
    RedWatch Special Forces Veteran
    Dreadrouge Vet
    Fox Legion Vet
    Z'z Pumbie

Distinguished Service Medal

Captains Merit

Blog Posts

Wasn't Pokemon Colosseum kind of like that? Not completely a free roam but still.

Its been talked about everywhere. We can only hope. Pokemon seems to be picking it up by now making it all 3D, but they're still stuck to the handheld devices =/
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Wasn't Pokemon Colosseum kind of like that? Not completely a free roam but still.
    Yeah, and I enjoyed every minute of Pokemon Colosseum, but maybe just even revamping it would make all the difference.

Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

Gen I is best!!1!!LOL!!1!!!!!!1!!! 11!!!!!!

Seriously though, it's a great concept but could never actually work. People have always been asking for a open world MMO style or RPG style free roaming game. But with all the regions and gens, it would be a real pain in the ass to do and do well. I'm perfectly fine with playing Red/Blue on a GBC emu on my Galaxy S3. Mainly because it has Gameshark built it (Before action replay all the cool kids had gamesharks)

Though I might actually drop money for a 3DS and grab X and/or Y. Obviously get Action Replay because I do what I want.

Cause I want my Charizard and Gengar.

Al Capone111 doesn't do what Al Capone111 does for Al Capone111.
    Al Capone111 does what Al Capone111 does because Al Capone111 is Al Capone111.

I'm not an asshole, I'm just not afraid to say how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Capone111 View Post
    Gen I is best!!1!!LOL!!1!!!!!!1!!! 11!!!!!!

Seriously though, it's a great concept but could never actually work. People have always been asking for a open world MMO style or RPG style free roaming game. But with all the regions and gens, it would be a real pain in the ass to do and do well. I'm perfectly fine with playing Red/Blue on a GBC emu on my Galaxy S3. Mainly because it has Gameshark built it (Before action replay all the cool kids had gamesharks)

Though I might actually drop money for a 3DS and grab X and/or Y. Obviously get Action Replay because I do what I want.

Cause I want my Charizard and Gengar.
    Yes Gen I was best and will never be beaten. You have a good point about it being done well, but really any way they do it would be fine enough because its a Pokemon MMO/RPG game, however it'll need to be better than Pokemon Colosseum. Also think, they could start off with the first two generations, and add one generation for each DLC.

I would very much like to buy the 3DS and get X or Y, but it's just too much money. A Pokemon free roam would only cost $60 and be sold on Wii, Xbox360, and PS3 and the majority of people who play Pokemon on the DS have a Wii(from what I believe).

And yeah do what you want haha, action replays are the best

Blog Posts

I always liked the idea of having a traditional pokemon game in which there were every region and you could choose your starting location and then go from there to wherever you wanted in the game after completing your region. Handheld versions would have olde school graphics but still have all of the online features and functionality of console or PC versions. With a shitty mobile version too I guess. :/

Also pokesavving your team straight out is wrong. It takes very little time to sav a breeding pair and choose the best from the litter then train that one. Then share the ones that didn't quite make the cut with the WFC.
    BLUE Major General Ret.

I liked every version all the same, I was actually pretty disappointed for some reason I thought this might be a thread of an actual new Pokemon game coming out but I've always thought this would be awesome, but also make it possible to catch every single Pokemon that way you don't need to get an action replay to get the ones you want to get. Reason why I loved Yellow Version was because I could get all the starters.

Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

Yeah, I'm pretty sure someone already made a video game online that was like that. Back in my freshman year of college, we all played a ton of pokemon and we found it. It was really neat but I think the website failed. I'll look for its name so you guys can see what it was.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by Rokkman X View Post
    I always liked the idea of having a traditional pokemon game in which there were every region and you could choose your starting location and then go from there to wherever you wanted in the game after completing your region. Handheld versions would have olde school graphics but still have all of the online features and functionality of console or PC versions. With a shitty mobile version too I guess. :/

Also pokesavving your team straight out is wrong. It takes very little time to sav a breeding pair and choose the best from the litter then train that one. Then share the ones that didn't quite make the cut with the WFC.
    All of this.

Thread Information