25 46.30%
  • Get rid of that crap.

29 53.70%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: BOLT SHOT

Mystery Meats Co-Founder Platinum's Avatar
    Blog Posts

Re: BOLT SHOT

I voted to get rid of that crap. However, after thinking about it, I realized that it should stay. For one, it would be difficult to enforce such a ban of a popular gun.

It is also easy to counter such a gun. If you see a red dot move around the corner then it suddenly disappears, don't run head first. That isn't Halo strategy, its a call of duty move. Instead of rushing ahead, call out to your team. Or maybe you could bank a grenade off a wall to prepare the bolt player for a quick headshot. There are multiple ways to counter a gun like so, but people tend to forget so.

343 even attempts to balance it by having the gun emit a noise while being charged.

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

What do you do if the enemies are all using precision loadout weapons? You won't expose yourself to long sight-lines.

What do you do if the enemies are using assault rifles? You want the longest signt-lines you can get.

What do you do if the enemies have a sniper rifle? Expose yourself as little as possible.

What do you do if they have rockets? Don't group up and try to prevent yourself from staying close to walls.

What do you do if they have a CQC power weapon? You grenade around corners and never walk blindly around them.

What do you do if they have boltshots? Adapt and change just like all the previous examples. Quit playing as if they don't have a boltshot, and start countering it.

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    However, if you see someone with it out, I can't tell you how many times they try to run at me with the boltshot and I just backpeddle and spam DMR shots at them. If they have it out, they have no range with it, so they're VERY vulnerable to ranged weapons.
    This is a perfect example of turning the weapon against them. If you don't fall into their trap, they're an easy target.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearorangeZero View Post
    I don't see a good reason for the boltshot to have ever been placed in the game, let alone be tolerated. As Myth said:That niche doesn't fit anywhere in Halo. Spawning with an anti-melee weapon results in melee combat being suffocated. Spawning with ANOTHER counter to CQC weapons is unnecessary; grenades, particularly frags, already fit this role well. The weapon was added as a crutch for bad players who could not perform well in CQC combat, and due to its effectiveness is now being abused by nearly everyone.

Removing it doesn't require designing gametypes that remove it for us. What do we do about teabagging? We punish anyone who partakes in it. Is that concept really so difficult to apply to a weapon? Anyone who uses it gets punished. Simple as that. It doesn't drastically change the game, but it does makes battle nights more enjoyable for more people, just like the teabagging ban does.
    Melee combat is still very prevalent and isn't suffocated at all. However, I have noticed a distinct decrease in double-melees, partially thanks to the Boltshot. It doesn't ruin CQC situations, but instead makes them more dynamic.

Teabagging is prohibited because it is a sign of disrespect toward that person, which opposes our community rule of respect. The boltshot has nothing to do with respect, so that analogy isn't applicable.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Forerunner of Fire and Divinity PhoenixPrime's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: wsxphoenix

I know you guys are harping on the votes and all in this issue, but let's face facts:

This vote doesn't matter because we want the right to choose our own loadouts. Because we have that right, and because 343i hasn't given us the ability to limit any items in loadouts without making them present loadouts, we cannot change this. Learn to deal with the bolt shot like the greater amount of H4 matchmaking has, and change your game up. This isn't Halo 2 after all.

"You must begin by gaining power over yourself; then another; then a group, an order, a world, a species, a group of species; finally, the galaxy itself."

Monday: 4:30-6:30
    Tuesday: 8:00-6:00
    Wednesday: 4:30-6:30
    Thursday: 8:00-11:30 & 3:00-6:30
    Friday: 9:30-6:30

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

use the Hardlight Sheild... Its the best counter against it. It's all about using it at the right time. People with Turtle Beaches may find this very easy to use.

To sum up the decision of this entire topic... the Bolt Shot isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I hate it just as much as the next guy, but i put up with it because i know how to beat it.

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

I don't use Boltshot very often, but when I do it's because I just finished killing a guy with it.

yeah screw bolt shot and jetpacking, and camo, and promethean vision, and etc.....
    And screw radar to..
    mlg BR's only fuck yeah and you have to stand still damnit, I hate strafing. I didn't read anything btw just thought of everything I actually think of whenever I die. Lol

Here is a suggestion. Since it is clear that the bolt shot isnt going anywhere why don't we just go on ahead and lock this here thread?
    "No More Miss Nice Bear Time To Bring Out My Claws"

Because Rei, that would be no fun.

this thread is old and dumb and racist against boltshots

Good idea.

Thread Locked.
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Thread Information