54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the BoltShot.

25 46.30%
  • Get rid of that crap.

29 53.70%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: BOLT SHOT

Re: BOLT SHOT

If you guys watch the VbD vs Blue Phoenix on Haven game for Hill 30 you will see how the boltshot is used as a power weapon. I used it in response but when it comes to their strategy for Hill on Haven they were completely dominant. They hid in BLUE and REDD landing and also on Blue Plat. Basically this allowed them to never be hit by DMR bullets so they made u come at them while they had boltshots. I admit they shot better than me with it, but there was no other way to get to the hill other than going through their bolt shots. I tried various methods. Going through REDD street, mohawk, open ramp. They just used the shit out of and completely zoned us from the hill. If they didn't have boltshots the trades would have been better for us and possibly going over into our favor. Their tool of destruction was the DMR but still boltshots WITH impeccable positioning is why they won that game.

Could care less if its removed or not. I have no problem going up against someone who is using a boltshot. In my opinion, it is not a game breaking weapon. If you are mad or upset at the fact that you are repeatedly being killed by it, then I suggest you take a closer look at your gameplay and work on your awareness.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzie View Post
    Could care less if its removed or not. I have no problem going up against someone who is using a boltshot. In my opinion, it is not a game breaking weapon. If you are mad or upset at the fact that you are repeatedly being killed by it, then I suggest you take a closer look at your gameplay and work on your awareness.
    I agree. As I said earlier, it's people with bad awareness who keep getting killed. You have a motion sensor for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk570 View Post
    If you guys watch the VbD vs Blue Phoenix on Haven game for Hill 30 you will see how the boltshot is used as a power weapon. I used it in response but when it comes to their strategy for Hill on Haven they were completely dominant. They hid in BLUE and REDD landing and also on Blue Plat. Basically this allowed them to never be hit by DMR bullets so they made u come at them while they had boltshots. I admit they shot better than me with it, but there was no other way to get to the hill other than going through their bolt shots. I tried various methods. Going through REDD street, mohawk, open ramp. They just used the shit out of and completely zoned us from the hill. If they didn't have boltshots the trades would have been better for us and possibly going over into our favor. Their tool of destruction was the DMR but still boltshots WITH impeccable positioning is why they won that game.
    That's funny, 'cause the EXACT same thing happened in my CTF game against Vbd on Haven. We lost quite severely too.

<-- Boltshot enthusiast.

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

I should clarify my last post. I hate the weapon, but I would rather it be in than outlawed and have to hear about this or that person that got caught using it in some game night. So the only reasonable way to fix it is preset loadouts, which few people advocate. Those defending its use know it is overpowered and would rather it be in than out because they use it.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Blog Posts

Wheelman is a good counter for the green gun.. However it seems that the only useful counter for the boltshot would be a shotgun, scatter or, sword. However even those dont always do the trick.. im just saying as a starting weapon its not very even (for halo), it is however part of the game and the only way to really "get rid of it" would be to have custom loadouts. Which probably wouldn't fly. The real point of me starting this thread was to express that i was pissed off a getting killed by it.. honestly i think that 343 should patch it up a bit. as far as getting rid of it all together, its not something that is really feasible in FC.
    I think yes, everyone hates getting killed by a 1 shot starting weapon however when you get a triple kill on 3 guys with snipers you can kind of see that the sniper is no longer a power weapon.. the boltshot it..

i under stand that there is a great deal of timing with it however with a radar its really not that difficult..
    maybe take the whole radar out of FC?.. idk. that might have been a better poll. Non the less, everyone like an easy kill and no one likes getting killed easy..

also.. stop bitching about people bitching.. everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it and to talk about it. complaining about others complaints is just down right contemplative.. <--(example)

sorry for the grammar and spelling errors.. im tired and going to bed now..

-Z-
    Last edited by Zucav; 01-14-2013 at 03:45 AM.

Like i said MANY times in this post. This is why I am not doing this war. No matter how much I play halo I am not going to get any better than I am. I play to have fun. The People say "use your radar" "Get better" "Awareness" yada yada. #1 camping means the person isn't moving therefore doesn't show up on radar. #2 the boltshot is a weapon that you can get from the start. If anything I have to go with keiichi that it should be like all the other power weapons in the game that you have to find on the map itself. Honestly how fun would it be if everyone spawned with a freaking rocket launcher? Either way I can see everyone is voting to keep it so I guess I will continue to not participate in this war.
    "No More Miss Nice Bear Time To Bring Out My Claws"

Blog Posts

I lol at this topic. This reminds me so much of Elites, people saw them as "unfair" because of a slight advantage. The boltshot's range isn't nearly as good as a shotgun, and you have to charge the shot, not pump a new shell into the chamber.

I don't play in the wars, but I do find the boltshot to be rather annoying in the normal MM. Ya know what, I find sticky grenades annoying as hell too, because they tend to kill me. It's a part of the game, just deal with it.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Blog Posts

Boltshot's accuracy, failure to shoot again if missed,only two charged shots per mag, plus, there are many ways to counter the boltshot like zonga said; Hard light shield.

I don't like the boltshot, but it's all about playing their game. Go around a corner, get killed by boltshot? It's all about playing their game. It's a tactic. Get some range or get some evasion. Boltshot fails in that.

I'm right back at it again...

Thread Information