54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the BoltShot.

25 46.30%
  • Get rid of that crap.

29 53.70%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: BOLT SHOT

Re: BOLT SHOT

Yea can we all stop saying it's part of the game cause I think we all know that already. The point of this thread was about the use of it in OUR game battles. That part we actually have control over. Just saying.
    "No More Miss Nice Bear Time To Bring Out My Claws"

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXReiBearXx View Post
    Yea can we all stop saying it's part of the game cause I think we all know that already. The point of this thread was about the use of it in OUR game battles. That part we actually have control over. Just saying.
    That's all well and good, but it's removing something simply because some people can't think outside of the box to beat the problem. Which to me would be a problem. Garg and many others have given ways to beat the boltshot, some people like it. Hell for a while there I even did, but I got bored of it. Now I only find the charge feature useful for taking out damaged Ghosts as they rush towards me.

You shouldn't try and remove something, simply because you don't like dying from it. Some people enjoy using it, so why remove their fun because you don't like it. That's selfish. It isn't as if the weapon is breaking the game and needs to be removed until 343 fixes it.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nocte View Post
    That's all well and good, but it's removing something simply because some people can't think outside of the box to beat the problem. Which to me would be a problem. Garg and many others have given ways to beat the boltshot, some people like it. Hell for a while there I even did, but I got bored of it. Now I only find the charge feature useful for taking out damaged Ghosts as they rush towards me.

You shouldn't try and remove something, simply because you don't like dying from it. Some people enjoy using it, so why remove their fun because you don't like it. That's selfish. It isn't as if the weapon is breaking the game and needs to be removed until 343 fixes it.
    keep the blot shot, people get pissed

Remove bolt shot people get pissed.

No matter what people aren't going to like it. It isn't selfish for people asking for a fighting chance. You say why ruin people's fun from using it? Well why ruin people's fun by having everyone use it? I don't use it because I know it makes me upset when it's used on me so why would I do it to other people? Either way I'm just gonna stop posting about it. I have said my peace so I will leave it at that. Much love and respect as always
    "No More Miss Nice Bear Time To Bring Out My Claws"

Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

When I use a Holo and someone is chasing it and I run behind them shooting with the DMR and land 4 shots and they can switch to the BS, charge it, turn and fire it before I land the last shot. Thats called bullshit. It's no different than wielding two Maulers, except now you can spawn with it. Get rid of it. Fixed classes are fine with me. I really don't give a shit. I'm tired of walking passed every corner and getting shot by some asshat camping with BS.

Al Capone111 doesn't do what Al Capone111 does for Al Capone111.
    Al Capone111 does what Al Capone111 does because Al Capone111 is Al Capone111.

I'm not an asshole, I'm just not afraid to say how I feel.

I'd much rather go back to reach or have preset load outs then deal with Campers with bolt shots xD

I wanna duel wield bolt shots....

There is a lot of discussion going on about this, so let me throw my opinion in. The boltshot, it's annoying, I won't lie. However, I'm not in favor of attempting to remove it from the battles. Here are my reasons why.

1) Deal with it. Now don't take this wrong way, but Halo is a game of adaptation. When I say deal with it, I don't mean suck it up and just take it. No, adapt your playstyle to adjust to it. I know before every battle night I set up at least 3 classes for different situations depending on what happens in the battles. I have my standard loadout, my EVA loadout, and then my CQC-Counter loadout. That 3rd one is specifically meant for games when CQC weapons (AR, Shotgun, Boltshot, etc.) are being used a lot. With this loadout, I can specifically counter those CQC weapons. In that sense, I dealt with it. Learning to adapt to changing circumstances is what makes you a great gamer. People using boltshot in the match? Well I best adapt what I'm doing so I don't have to worry about it.

2) From the perspective of trying to keep the weapon under control should it get banned or whatever is just ridiculous. Just imagine this. mad bagger12, I'm gonna use you as an example since your new and your comment suggests you like the boltshot. Let's say we ban it. mad bagger12 here goes into his first battle night and uses the boltshot. In his first battlenight he gets an infraction for using a weapon he enjoys. How do you think he feels now? You think he's going to want to keep playing? No. Also, where does the banning come in. What if someone gets in game, has the boltshot the whole games but doesn't use it once. Is that an infraction? Judging this situation has too much behind it.

I have a few more things to say about this, so this may seem inconsistent. I just ran out of time and have to run to a meeting. I will be back later tonight to finish what I'm saying in this post. However, I want to stress that adaption is the name of the game (well Halo 4 is the actual name of the game.....).
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Oh no no no. I do not like the Bolt Shot lol I was just making a joke lol

Blog Posts

My opinion about the boltshot

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Blog Posts

Before anyone else makes a post, someone correct me:

Did we not make a poll about preset loadouts vs. personal loadouts for the wars?

I'm right back at it again...

Thread Information