Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mystery Meats Co-Founder Platinum's Avatar
    Blog Posts

My take at MLG and Halo

NOTE: Most of the reports and articles I found had different reasons for MLG not signing Halo. Nobody wanted to sponsor Halo (Mountain Dew begs to differ), Halo is too user friendly (I believe that it requires more skill then any other console shooter), and relations between the two have been sour.

Q: Is it upsetting?
    A: Of course. MLG has been with Halo for nearly a decade. It's like losing a close friend.

Q: Does this signal the fall of Halo?
    A: Hell no. Halo has already established a large following, and Microsoft won't let Halo fall apart. Money.

Q: Will halo leave the competitive gaming scene?
    A: No, it still holds its own when compared to fps console shooters. Halo will continue to thrive. MLG already have their fame thanks to Halo, now its someone elses turn. It could be Agl or even Virgin Gaming. There are numerous smaller leagues like MLG that is waiting for a chance to work with Halo. Then there is Virgin Gaming. While the Infinity Challenge doesn't require much skill, it is vg's first attempt for Halo. It proves to be popular with the Halo fans when looking at the playlists populations. VG has already made their footprint with sports titles such as the nba 2k series. VG may be the next step for themselves and for Halo.

Remember, it can only get better.

Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

Re: My take at MLG and Halo

I never was a fan of MLG. Mainly because the people who played it were often a bunch of cocky assholes. Who when you took them and played a default gametype would make excuses for sucking more than Paris Hilton. The MLG gametypes and maps were horrible.

"Let's take Halo and make it so it plays like not Halo."46675d1344986617t-ever-had-try-genius-meme.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Al Capone111 doesn't do what Al Capone111 does for Al Capone111.
    Al Capone111 does what Al Capone111 does because Al Capone111 is Al Capone111.

I'm not an asshole, I'm just not afraid to say how I feel.

Thumbs down Re: My take at MLG and Halo

MLG is great and all but it's far too narrow to compete in. Trying to even be in MLG competitively is completely retarded. You'd have a better chance at chasing that girl you thought you'd never have a shot with than to get into it. Sure, it's cool n' stuff, but really, I never had that much of a great time watching rather than playing. I think of there were more tournaments that included more players than just a few handfuls of teams, it'd be much more interesting. Narrow down the final teams from a huge ladder, and go on tour to more than just a few major cities. I've wanted to see MLG come to my city, but that's never gonna happen. Le sigh. Oh well, at least hearing 15 year olds say "YO MAN I'M FOCKEN EM ELL JEE YO YEW DUNNO WHO YER MESSIN WIT" won't be as common.
    <My name is UnfoldedFreedom and I'm the best.)

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Like I said the other day - since Microsoft decided to cash out with Virgin Media, then instead of calling people MLG Tryhards, you can just call them Virgins. It's destiny.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Quote Originally Posted by JamCliche View Post
    Like I said the other day - since Microsoft decided to cash out with Virgin Media, then instead of calling people MLG Tryhards, you can just call them Virgins. It's destiny.
    Touche.
    <My name is UnfoldedFreedom and I'm the best.)

lol Thats actually pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Capone111 View Post
    I never was a fan of MLG. Mainly because the people who played it were often a bunch of cocky assholes. Who when you took them and played a default gametype would make excuses for sucking more than Paris Hilton. The MLG gametypes and maps were horrible.

"Let's take Halo and make it so it plays like not Halo."46675d1344986617t-ever-had-try-genius-meme.jpg
    I agree 100%

Violent by Design
    Blog Posts

I find MLG players much more respectful than most Halo players. Normal players who aren't as good as MLG players constantly get angry over the fact that they just are not as good at the game.

"i wouldn't have known about the 0 spread DMR if it wasnt for CnB training" ~ Blayze
    "nothing like butt sex with a lip of dip" ~ Blayze

Mystery Meats Co-Founder Platinum's Avatar
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prof Blastoise View Post
    I find MLG players much more respectful than most Halo players. Normal players who aren't as good as MLG players constantly get angry over the fact that they just are not as good at the game.
    So late, lol.

Violent by Design
    Blog Posts

Lol someone posted today on this as well lol

"i wouldn't have known about the 0 spread DMR if it wasnt for CnB training" ~ Blayze
    "nothing like butt sex with a lip of dip" ~ Blayze

Thread Information