View Poll Results: Should there be orindance drops in FC!?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lose the ordinannies

29 39.19%
  • Keep the Ordinances

29 39.19%
  • Tweek the personal drops

16 21.62%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Re: Ordinance Drop during battles

Quote Originally Posted by SanguineSpartan View Post
    I have a theory that needs testing. Have you guys ever tried going on the map and setting like only 2 rockets per map, like you would if you spawned them directly on the map, and see if it effects ordinance?
    It doesn't affect ordnance, unfortunately.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

14 Pages and counting!!!
    "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thy own understanding. And in all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths!"
    -Proverbs 3:5,6

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Quote Originally Posted by Project X A02 View Post
    From what I see:

REDD: Ordinance SUCK get rid of them!

BLUE(While adjusting their glasses) There's no need for fuss, you have as any chance as ever to earn ordinance and turn the tide of battle...so chill?!?
    Without ordnance, you have to rely on weapons on the map - what happens if the enemy has control of the map's power spawns? Same problem, eh? Which will be the occurrence, and then folks will want ordnance back.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JamCliche View Post
    Without ordnance, you have to rely on weapons on the map - what happens if the enemy has control of the map's power spawns? Same problem, eh? Which will be the occurrence, and then folks will want ordnance back.
    However, that is the way Halo has always been played. Map Control = the advantage. That is the skill required of Halo.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Banned BANNED USER

Halo has always been the game where you had to work to get the power weapons and then dominate with them to keep the lead (or get it).

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    However, that is the way Halo has always been played. Map Control = the advantage. That is the skill required of Halo.
    Agreed, that is indeed how Halo's been played for the past 10 years! There were still complaints but at that time the only remedy was to improve your skills and counter your enemy! Which brings me to another subject but I may start seperate thread to cover this though.
    "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thy own understanding. And in all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths!"
    -Proverbs 3:5,6

Why can we not keep the tried and true and expand it from there? Why the huge need to completely expand the game during war 1?

Imperial Cross of Honor.....Distinguished Service.....Perfect Soldier.................. ...Royal Valor
    Imperial Medal of Honor Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Toast78901 View Post
    Who wants a game that is completely predictable? Really? Cause that usually kills a game for me. And the practices and spawns DO mean something. They called in a sniper. Good thing a sniper spawns on the map so I can grab it and kill the guy who called it in.

And, if people do really pass up the initial spawns as much as they are being claimed to (which I, personally, haven't seen), then there's your strategy right there. Other team isn't grabbing anything? Looks like you've got a team of power weapons alllllll to yourself.

And as far as people being scared by unpredictability, well that's just part of gaming. Again, who wants something that is completely predictable? That's part of the fun of it. What I see here is people getting too caught up in their KD ratios and battle results to remember to just have fun with it. Would you really want every single week to be predictable, and essentially the same?
    they called in a sniper.... good thing we have a sniper huh? except they also have a sniper spawn on their side. so they now have two snipers and i have one. so that is still unfair. (thank you for proving my point).

and other team isnt grabbing anything? oh gee i better run out in the open and grab that gun in the middle of the map... BANG BANG BANG!!! oh thats right! their camping in the corner with God's sniper rifle blowing my brain out every time i go for one of those guns they wont pick up. whats that?! theyve run out of ammo!? quick! bum rush the guns before they can get to them!!! BANG BANG BANG!!!! oh thats right... ordinance is infinate, so with those kills they just got with their God rifles they can keep getting more ordinance and they dont have to move an inch to dominate my ass......... GAME OVER!!!!!! XD.....

Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

If it takes three sniper shots to kill one person, someone is doing something wrong. And you act like they are going to get sniper in every drop. Someone figure out the odds of a person who got 3 drops in one game and all three were snipers using Myths proposed ordinance drop rates. (See the other locked topic. First post)

Al Capone111 doesn't do what Al Capone111 does for Al Capone111.
    Al Capone111 does what Al Capone111 does because Al Capone111 is Al Capone111.

I'm not an asshole, I'm just not afraid to say how I feel.

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Quote Originally Posted by Al Capone111 View Post
    If it takes three sniper shots to kill one person, someone is doing something wrong. And you act like they are going to get sniper in every drop. Someone figure out the odds of a person who got 3 drops in one game and all three were snipers using Myths proposed ordinance drop rates. (See the other locked topic. First post)
    The issue I see with many of Zaradomerix's posts is that he fails to take into account the actual settings when forming his scenarios. While our suggestions make every attempt to account for the general state of the game, he ignores the specifics while claiming that all games would play out exactly how he describes. While it is clear that he is seeking to debate any inherent flaw in the system, the situations he makes up are still very rare. For instance, the odds of a single player gaining a Sniper Rifle during each of his 3 Ordnance drops would be 0.073%. And that would only be in Heavy gametypes, since the Sniper would not be available as a drop in Regular gametypes.

NOTE: I suggest we confine this discussion to this thread only - the thread entitled "Playtested the Compromise" should relate only to the results of any game testing done with the proposed settings and suggested revisions. Not that I think anything from here will necessarily carry over; I just advise that we not blur the discussions among these topics, as there have been so many generated lately. However, we can still bring up Ordnance-related elements from the Compromise thread, as they are extremely relevant here.
    Last edited by Jam Cliché; 02-03-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Thread Information