View Poll Results: Should there be orindance drops in FC!?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lose the ordinannies

29 39.19%
  • Keep the Ordinances

29 39.19%
  • Tweek the personal drops

16 21.62%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Re: Ordinance Drop during battles

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    LOL
    guess im wrong xD
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

I was suprised this thread wasn't shut down 5 minutes after it opened lol. The thread recieved like 20 posts inside of 5 minutes. the site must have been going crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Sapien View Post
    guess im wrong xD
    They're too worried about penalizing us for 1 game to worry about the other 30.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

I say keep them just take a couple weapons out (I have no idea if you can do that) like the Binary Rifle and maybe rockets.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by mad bagger12 View Post
    I say keep them just take a couple weapons out (I have no idea if you can do that) like the Binary Rifle and maybe rockets.
    There's plenty of customization options when it comes to ordnance. So basically you're suggesting make ordnance "medium-level" power weapons (SAW/Scattershot/Railgun/Sticky Det/Needler) + powerups + grenades and keep Sniper/Rocket/BiRi/IncCannon/Beam Rifle/Feul Rod map-spawns only? Idk about any one else but I'd highly prefer ordnance that way I think.

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    They're too worried about penalizing us for 1 game to worry about the other 30.
    heh

FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

Re: Ordinance Drop during battles, As Well As The Issue of Fairness

So you all want fairness huh? Okay, lets get rid of ordinances. Wait... It's still not fair? Okay then, looks like we need to switch to predetermined loadouts. Wait.. still not? Okay, lets autobalance every team, so every team has a good sniper, grenadier, driver and gunner, etc. Then it'll be truly fair, right? Wait, no... there's still the problem of lag introducing an unfair advantage... So let's all pitch in and create a fund so FC can provide all of us with the same internet connection. Sounds good right?

Now, I ask you, the reader who sat through my little sarcastic show, to realize my point. No game will ever be completely fair. My question to you all, is where does your quest for "fair" stop. Should we also ban people who are MLG from certain games because it won't be "fair" to the new recruit who just started playing Halo the other day? I mean, that recruit is going to get annihilated. That's not fair at all, and might hurt someone's feelings to boot.

There is a counter to every weapon in the game. A playstyle that can effectively stop someone with a power weapon. They have two snipers out? Don't stay in the open, team shot with long range rifles. People have shotguns, swords and hammers (oh my!!)? Then check your corners, prenade, and dont play aggressively, running head first. Regardless of the weapon they spawn, if the team they are going against is good enough (there's your solution, people who want the games to accurately display technique) and has good enough communication (and now there you go, people who feel all their practice was for "nothing"), they will beat the ordinance team.

The Forge Dpt. decides what can and cannot be dropped, and so far, I haven't seen anything in any ordinance that doesn't make sense. They have all fit their respective maps and gametypes very well. Does one team make a push with power weapons sometimes? Yeah. But that's when its time to band together as a team, and show them what you're really made of.

Oh, and to whoever it was that suggested that people pass up weapons that naturally spawn on the map to call in an ordinance? I've never seen a rocket launcher, sword, or sniper not get picked up. Juuuuuuuuust sayin.

Toast out.
    Last edited by Toast78901; 01-28-2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Typo Correction

Quote Originally Posted by Toast78901 View Post
    Oh, and to whoever it was that suggested that people pass up weapons that naturally spawn on the map to call in an ordinance? I'e never seen a rocket launcher, sword, or sniper not get picked up. Juuuuuuuuust sayin.

Toast out.
    It was me that said that, and i have. when theres rockets all the way across the map being guarded by a line of enemy fire... hmm... lets see... i can play tactically and work with my team to take over the captured position and advance the game in a way that is both fun, competitive, and makes sense from a logical standpoint... or i can just have god toss down a rocket launcher from the sky two feet away from where i already am and use it to kill them all and take the position and the other rocket launcher... i think ill go with that one...

Ive seen a sniper and sword get passed up all the time cause people dont feel they are good enough with the weapon to bother using it.

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Re: Ordinance Drop during battles, As Well As The Issue of Fairness

Quote Originally Posted by Toast78901 View Post
    So you all want fairness huh? Okay, lets get rid of ordinances. Wait... It's still not fair? Okay then, looks like we need to switch to predetermined loadouts. Wait.. still not? Okay, lets autobalance every team, so every team has a good sniper, grenadier, driver and gunner, etc. Then it'll be truly fair, right? Wait, no... there's still the problem of lag introducing an unfair advantage... So let's all pitch in and create a fund so FC can provide all of us with the same internet connection. Sounds good right?

Now, I ask you, the reader who sat through my little sarcastic show, to realize my point. No game will ever be completely fair. My question to you all, is where does your quest for "fair" stop. Should we also ban people who are MLG from certain games because it won't be "fair" to the new recruit who just started playing Halo the other day? I mean, that recruit is going to get annihilated. That's not fair at all, and might hurt someone's feelings to boot.

There is a counter to every weapon in the game. A playstyle that can effectively stop someone with a power weapon. They have two snipers out? Don't stay in the open, team shot with long range rifles. People have shotguns, swords and hammers (oh my!!)? Then check your corners, prenade, and dont play aggressively, running head first. Regardless of the weapon they spawn, if the team they are going against is good enough (there's your solution, people who want the games to accurately display technique) and has good enough communication (and now there you go, people who feel all their practice was for "nothing"), they will beat the ordinance team.

The Forge Dpt. decides what can and cannot be dropped, and so far, I haven't seen anything in any ordinance that doesn't make sense. They have all fit their respective maps and gametypes very well. Does one team make a push with power weapons sometimes? Yeah. But that's when its time to band together as a team, and show them what you're really made of.

Oh, and to whoever it was that suggested that people pass up weapons that naturally spawn on the map to call in an ordinance? I've never seen a rocket launcher, sword, or sniper not get picked up. Juuuuuuuuust sayin.

Toast out.
    TL;DR
    jk I still see FC hasn't installed a like button
    Nice post toast

Thread Information