View Poll Results: Should there be orindance drops in FC!?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lose the ordinannies

29 39.19%
  • Keep the Ordinances

29 39.19%
  • Tweek the personal drops

16 21.62%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Re: Ordinance Drop during battles

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    There's plenty of customization options when it comes to ordnance. So basically you're suggesting make ordnance "medium-level" power weapons (SAW/Scattershot/Railgun/Sticky Det/Needler) + powerups + grenades and keep Sniper/Rocket/BiRi/IncCannon/Beam Rifle/Feul Rod map-spawns only? Idk about any one else but I'd highly prefer ordnance that way I think.
    That actually sounds really good lol but probably won't happen and I can deal with that.

FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

Quote Originally Posted by zaradomerix View Post
    It was me that said that, and i have. when theres rockets all the way across the map being guarded by a line of enemy fire... hmm... lets see... i can play tactically and work with my team to take over the captured position and advance the game in a way that is both fun, competitive, and makes sense from a logical standpoint... or i can just have god toss down a rocket launcher from the sky two feet away from where i already am and use it to kill them all and take the position and the other rocket launcher... i think ill go with that one...
    Firstly, I apologize for not having quoted you in my first post. Didn't mean to make it seem detached or depersonalizing.

Secondly, what you're forgetting to mention is ammo. Yeah, they can rain down rockets, but only for so long. Even with the perk for faster ordinances, they can only get another ordinance after approx. 16 kills. (Originally 20, with the perk taking off 20% I believe, taking it down to 16).

So, considering that they have ammo; try to kill them. If you succeed? Great, now go collect those rockets as spoils of war. If not? See if you can't get them to fire to waste shots, don't group up with your team, and don't go into close quarters.

If it's an objective game type, Most objectives are in areas where one can camp, this is true. However, the Forge Dpt. has done a great job of always providing a positional counter to the camper. If it's flag, well, your team shouldn't have been in a position where they dropped the flag in anywhere but the open to begin with. If your carrier ran into a small little place where it's hard to fight against that camper, that was just bad strategy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ixShakeWeight View Post
    Ive seen a sniper and sword get passed up all the time cause people dont feel they are good enough with the weapon to bother using it.
    Then they aren't good enough with it. That's not the point that was being addressed. If people pass it up for that reason, that's one thng. However, it was being suggested that they were being passed up to grab an ordinance instead. Not to mention, to each his own play style.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Sapien View Post
    TL;DR
    jk I still see FC hasn't installed a like button
    Nice post toast
    Nice rhyme... uh... lime??
    Sorry, I got nothin.
    Last edited by Toast78901; 01-28-2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Typo Correction

You know what fuck it. Everyone spawns with rockets. Its even. GG!

FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

You know what fuck it. Everyone spawns with rockets. Its even. GG!
    Despite the sarcasm, those who would want a perfectly "fair" game should see that as a solution. If they stick to their guns, and truly believe in their quest for fairness that is.
    Last edited by Toast78901; 01-28-2013 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Typo

Like I said before, I dont mind Ord. Drops but for objective based games like CTF, Hill, and Bomb there should be none. For slayer, Dominion, and what ever else it dosnt bother me. But I think certain weapons should be droped in Ord. such as rockets. Maybe for bigger maps sure, but 4v4s thats just redonkulous.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

I have to ask this...

We had a Beta War to test things out. Why weren't this issues ever brought up when after every battlenight in the results page we asked what you wanted to see fixed?

We had a war devoted to changes and none of these were brought up?

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

Maybe for bigger maps sure, but 4v4s thats just redonkulous.
    But what makes it so ridiculous? The fact that they can blow up multiple people at once? Well then, looks like we have to remove grenades now too...

It has nothing to do with the amount of people it could kill. It has to do with the fact that rockets make a smaller map easier to control. Since no one wants to have set weapons on the map that would do the same thing. They shouldnt be in there. Rockets are meant to take out armor, not personal. It makes no fucking sense to me, why on a map like Solace, I have to go against 50000 fucking snipers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    I have to ask this...

We had a Beta War to test things out. Why weren't this issues ever brought up when after every battlenight in the results page we asked what you wanted to see fixed?

I was not there at this time. I was on a Hiatus so...

FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

It has nothing to do with the amount of people it could kill. It has to do with the fact that rockets make a smaller map easier to control. Since no one wants to have set weapons on the map that would do the same thing. They shouldnt be in there. Rockets are meant to take out armor, not personal. It makes no fucking sense to me, why on a map like Solace, I have to go against 50000 fucking snipers.
    I will agree it makes maps easier to control, BUT that's when it becomes the perfect time for your team to band together. And in terms of snipers, snipe back. What happened to the sniper your side spawns with? If it was stolen, you guys failed as a team to control your own area.

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    I have to ask this...

In a redd team meeting held by a few senior members we had last night we discussed the beta war and several people said that this was an issue and that it was never resolved.

Thread Information