LocoCrazy

LittleBigPlanet 2 Review

When LittleBigPlanet first launched, it was ground breaking being the very first of its kind of genre.

“A platform game? A platform for gaming!” is the best way to describe LBP in one sentence as you can literally turn a simple side-scroller into a RTS,FPS,RPG,Action/adventure ect. With proper camera placement and simple, easy to learn/use programming using the games built-in logic sensors and switches.

When I heard the announcement of LittleBigPlanet 2 I wasn’t really hyped because I kept asking “what more could they add?”

I myself have created a few levels in the first game with the 20-30 different gameplay objects and switches but in LBP2 they offer well around 50-70 different switches alone with over 20 different gameplay objects. With that in mind some of the new gameplay object include the Grabinator; gloves that when worn let Sackboy lift anything that the creator wants over his head and is able to drop or throw it. The Grappling hook is also a new object and its pretty self explanatory.

When you place any of these power-ups you can set all of the details of that object. For example: I have placed the Grabinator down however I don’t want the people playing to pick up just any object so I can select which materials are grabble or I could just selects the strength of the gloves and how far they can throw.

I could go on and tell you every individual addition and customizable aspect of the game but I would be typing this up for a few days.

LBP 1 didn’t really have a gripping story, however, the characters really stood out in the gameplay. LittleBigPlanet 2 has a much more in depth story that is about 10% darker and 100% more exciting and challenging. Speaking of challenging when you want to try and “Ace” a level (ace meaning you didn’t lose a single life) it takes a few tries.

The 2 complaints I have about the game are:
    Online; it’s a bit jittery in terms of lag and connecting with other people
    Logic and switches; there are a lot of new switches to add and logic to give you creations character however it can be confusing to new players but there are tutorials for each switch, power up and logic.

I give LittleBigPlanet2 9.5 out of 10
    Keep in mind that LBP is heavily focused on imagination and creativity which I have lots of. Those who have little of both would probably disagree with me. Big time.

EDIT:

Top 10 UK Software Sales (All Formats); week ending January 22:

1. LittleBigPlanet 2
    2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
    3. Just Dance 2
    4. FIFA 11
    5. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    6. Wii Fit Plus
    7. Mass Effect 2
    8. Kinect Sports
    9. Gran Turismo 5
    10. Need For Speeds: Hot Pursuit
    Last edited by LocoCrazy; 01-24-2011 at 12:02 PM.

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: CarpeVexillum

Re: LittleBigPlanet 2 Review

My girlfriend loves this game. Its good to get another opinion on it that I can trust =} I'll have to 'try' it next time she comes home with her PS3. I'll report with details =p

I am Tsundere.
    (ツンデレ) a character type that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

The game is awesome, I just need people to play with.

joeuhfeoiughwuorhIuoihugfihegweurhWANTudshfiugvhMYndeiguuhriPS3konjndfsighBACK!eriARRRRRORORR!!!!

LocoCrazy

=D yes Raz. I do to.

Thread Information