Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1

    Thumbs down Play tested the Compromise

    I don't like it.

    Taking out Boltshot, Magnum & the Firepower perk, and might be other things I'm forgetting about. All because you want to solve two problems at once? They need to be dealt with separately. No reason to take out EXTRA stuff. I'm mostly irritated about Firepower being gone. Not only are we dealing with one issue(ordinance) by slapping another issue(boltshot) on to it. Wasn't the boltshot debate already settled by saying it is staying, deal with it? Now we are taking two unrelated option out of the game for no reason at all(magnum & firepower) just to kill two birds with one stone.

    I'm not saying we don't need a compromise, I'm just saying this seems like a ridiculous way of dealing with it. I tried it and I personally don't like it. I think we need to come up with something better.

    If I'm the ONLY person that feels this way then that's fine. I'll drop it and deal with the new rules.

    Some of you will read this and just say "shut up you're new and know nothing." That's fine too. If you're just going to disregard me as a dumb new guy then just move on and don't even reply. Others will reply trying to discredit me or pull my argument apart bit by bit. I don't care and I wont respond and argue with you. I just wanted to post my opinions as someone who has tested the compromise.

  2. #2
    Senior Citizen VerbotenDonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Returning to his Watch
    Posts
    7,058
    Blog Posts
    3

    Re: Play tested the Compromise

    I'll be honest, I wasn't too keen on it either. Everyone having Plasma Pistols in BtB was just too crazy, all vehicles just get countered immediately. Didn't try any 4v4's, but I think it's too major of a change just to remove the Boltshot.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces





  3. #3
    Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

    Mythonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    6,178
    Blog Posts
    26
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

    Re: Play tested the Compromise

    I was about to make a thread about the testing, so mind if I commandeer this one?

    Just want everyone's opinions, and also recommendations for improving the compromise, or even developing an entirely new compromise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Money View Post
    Taking out Boltshot, Magnum & the Firepower perk, and might be other things I'm forgetting about. All because you want to solve two problems at once? They need to be dealt with separately. No reason to take out EXTRA stuff. I'm mostly irritated about Firepower being gone. Not only are we dealing with one issue(ordinance) by slapping another issue(boltshot) on to it. Wasn't the boltshot debate already settled by saying it is staying, deal with it? Now we are taking two unrelated option out of the game for no reason at all(magnum & firepower) just to kill two birds with one stone.
    I understand your opinion, however I disagree with the statement that they need to be dealt with separately. Because if we try to do them separately, we'll end up never changing anything because the topics are too divisive and split down the middle.

    As I said several times in that lobby: FC cares about fun. Some people dislike Boltshot, so we considered adjusting them, but we won't outright remove them because just as many people like the Boltshot. The same for Ordnance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Money View Post
    I'm not saying we don't need a compromise, I'm just saying this seems like a ridiculous way of dealing with it. I tried it and I personally don't like it. I think we need to come up with something better.
    If you can suggest a good compromise, it's be greatly appreciated, because unfortunately I cannot think of many other ways to compromise besides what we were testing out.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

  4. #4
    Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Nicholas Sapien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Psalms of Planets
    Posts
    3,419
    Blog Posts
    6

    Re: Play tested the Compromise

    Everything seemed fine to me with the compromise, I would tweak the ordnance drops a bit for the heavy gametypes to make the bigger power weapons spawn less.
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

  5. #5

    Re: Play tested the Compromise

    You're welcome to it sir =)

    But but but...the botshot debate was settled already....why bring it back up? If we settle this debate and I suddenly don't like Warthogs, are you going to bring up the boltshot, ordinances and warthogs again all at once and combine them into something different...?

    Sadly, I have no better suggestions at this point. But I would rater change nothing than change things based on a bad idea(In my opinion).

  6. #6
    Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

    Mythonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    6,178
    Blog Posts
    26
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

    Re: Play tested the Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Money View Post
    But but but...the botshot debate was settled already....why bring it back up? If we settle this debate and I suddenly don't like Warthogs, are you going to bring up the boltshot, ordinances and warthogs again all at once and combine them into something different...?
    It was settled? I thought that it was a stalemate that was kind of just swept under the carpet. xD

    I still get plenty of complaints about boltshots almost constantly, so I'm not just going to ignore those people, just like how I'm not going to ignore you or anyone else. That's why I included it in the compromise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Money View Post
    Sadly, I have no better suggestions at this point. But I would rater change nothing than change things based on a bad idea(In my opinion).
    If we don't reach a satisfying compromise, we'll probably end up doing that.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

  7. #7

    Re: Play tested the Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    It was settled? I thought that it was a stalemate that was kind of just swept under the carpet. xD

    I still get plenty of complaints about boltshots almost constantly, so I'm not just going to ignore those people, just like how I'm not going to ignore you or anyone else. That's why I included it in the compromise.



    If we don't reach a satisfying compromise, we'll probably end up doing that.
    I would love it if we changed nothing. I think the wars should be as close to vanilla halo as possible.



  8. #8

    Re: Play tested the Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    It was settled? I thought that it was a stalemate that was kind of just swept under the carpet. xD

    I still get plenty of complaints about boltshots almost constantly, so I'm not just going to ignore those people, just like how I'm not going to ignore you or anyone else. That's why I included it in the compromise.
    Okay, awesome. I understand. Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    If we don't reach a satisfying compromise, we'll probably end up doing that.
    Good to know. Thanks. Why can't everyone just respond with sane, logical, calm & respectful sentences like you? Haha. I'm referring to the other polls of course.

  9. #9
    Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

    Mythonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    6,178
    Blog Posts
    26
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

    Re: Play tested the Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by THExSPIDERMAN View Post
    I would love it if we changed nothing. I think the wars should be as close to vanilla halo as possible.
    Well, certain things will never be made default (atleast, probably not). Such as it being 15 minutes long with no score limit. That's like the trademark of our games.

    Also, our gametypes will probably work differently. We'll never end up using pure MM gametypes, because of the long tradition of Hill 30 and such.

    (and also I think MM ordnance is broken: Incineration Cannons and Binary Rifles in 4v4s are too much)

    So... yeah... We try to keep things relatively similar to MM (more so than we did in Reach, at least), so that practicing in MM works well, but we'll probably not go to straight default.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

  10. #10

    Re: Play tested the Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by THExSPIDERMAN View Post
    I would love it if we changed nothing. I think the wars should be as close to vanilla halo as possible.
    vanilla halo? for vanilla halo we would have to change everything. But w/e changing nothing seems like the best option at this point.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Website maintained by Metkil5685 and Mythonian.