Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Re: Play tested the Compromise

I rather liked the Boltshot part. With Magnums in place, I feel more confident in going after no shielded opponents who run away. I also used Shotgun and Sword MUCH more, and melee as well. The Boltshot stopped interfering with these other weapons the moment it was taken away from loadouts.

As for Ordnance, I can't say. You know I totally agree with the Ordnance set up on small maps. Drops are medium grade, map spawns are high and low grade. I even got a Boltshot dropped and used it.

Heavy Ordnance seems to really come to a T on games like Hill 30. Everybody had Rockets and Fuel Rods eventually. They were pretty common. I also didn't like Plasma Pistol starts. It felt the same, since I used PP in BTB anyway. They shut down vehicles more than they did when they were just optional. I'd rather go with Magnums in BTB as well, OR not use the Boltshot compromise in Heavy gametypes. The BS isn't an issue in the larger games anyway, and a lot of people feel limited by cutting out the Firepower perk on big games. So maybe we should limit the Boltshot change to small games, implement the new Ordnance on small games, and work on tweaking the Heavy game Ordnance?

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Quote Originally Posted by JamCliche View Post
    ... not use the Boltshot compromise in Heavy gametypes. The BS isn't an issue in the larger games anyway, and a lot of people feel limited by cutting out the Firepower perk on big games. So maybe we should limit the Boltshot change to small games, implement the new Ordnance on small games, and work on tweaking the Heavy game Ordnance?
    That's an interesting idea. Definitely something we should test out a bit more, and make sure we refine the Heavy ordnance even more.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Money View Post
    vanilla halo? for vanilla halo we would have to change everything. But w/e changing nothing seems like the best option at this point.
    By vanilla halo, I mean vanilla Halo 4.

Quote Originally Posted by THExSPIDERMAN View Post
    By vanilla halo, I mean vanilla Halo 4.
    Oh, alright. But that would mean default everything. Not even any map changes. Might as well just take a group of 16 into BTB then.

Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JamCliche View Post
    not use the Boltshot compromise in Heavy gametypes. The BS isn't an issue in the larger games anyway, and a lot of people feel limited by cutting out the Firepower perk on big games. So maybe we should limit the Boltshot change to small games, implement the new Ordnance on small games, and work on tweaking the Heavy game Ordnance?
    Yeah. This could work. Can we test that? And maybe lower the spawn time in heavy by a second or two?

Al Capone111 doesn't do what Al Capone111 does for Al Capone111.
    Al Capone111 does what Al Capone111 does because Al Capone111 is Al Capone111.

I'm not an asshole, I'm just not afraid to say how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Money View Post
    Oh, alright. But that would mean default everything. Not even any map changes. Might as well just take a group of 16 into BTB then.
    I'm mainly concerned about the load out situations. Tbh you could change any of the other settings, and unless if it's a drastic change I wouldn't even notice.

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

The purpose of this thread is to comment on the testing that took place with the proposed changes.

Please stay on this topic. This IS NOT a debate about either side, it's to comment on the testing and provide feedback. If anyone starts up again, they will receive punishment according to their actions.

Website Administrator
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Capone111 View Post
    Yeah. This could work. Can we test that? And maybe lower the spawn time in heavy by a second or two?
    In gametypes with Instant Respawn, respawn timers don't matter. What gametype(s) are you referring to?

Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

In heavy game types there were way to many PPs. And on Lockout the flag issue. But other than that it worked fairly well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    In gametypes with Instant Respawn, respawn timers don't matter. What gametype(s) are you referring to?
    HeavyCTF on excile. I had no option for instant which is fine. But I kept getting a 10 sec respawn. IDk. May have tarded out or something. But either way 10 sec was way to much

Al Capone111 doesn't do what Al Capone111 does for Al Capone111.
    Al Capone111 does what Al Capone111 does because Al Capone111 is Al Capone111.

I'm not an asshole, I'm just not afraid to say how I feel.

Website Administrator
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Capone111 View Post
    In heavy game types there were way to many PPs. And on Lockout the flag issue. But other than that it worked fairly well

- - - Updated - - -

HeavyCTF on excile. I had no option for instant which is fine. But I kept getting a 10 sec respawn. IDk. May have tarded out or something. But either way 10 sec was way to much
    Jam's recent suggestion would resolve the PP issue. I fixed the flag issue earlier in forge.

The only option lower than 10 seconds is 5 seconds, which makes it nigh impossible to get the flag out of the enemy base.

Thread Information