Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: A Way to Make Threads More Concise

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhawk View Post
    First off, I'd like for you to show me a thread where this stuff is a problem.
    Now show me how it's a forum-wide problem that's effecting many threads in various subforums constantly..

Just some perspective.
    Where have you been? Just look at all the locked threads in the suggestions section alone
    "No More Miss Nice Bear Time To Bring Out My Claws"

Blog Posts

I don't necessarily view it as a problem. Everyone is allowed to post their opinions. It adds to the activity. Pressing a +1 button does not contribute as much as actually posting about it and voicing your opinion.

Then again, I do like reading through the long topics haha.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

Quote Originally Posted by xXReiBearXx View Post
    Where have you been? Just look at all the locked threads in the suggestions section alone
    I'll say exactly what I said in one of said threads...

It is not our job as an Admin team to ensure you guys don't act like idiots and break the rules. You're all old enough and responsible for your actions. It's our job to enforce said rules when someone does/says something against them. We're not your parents, we're not your babysitters, so the idea of implementing systems/procedures to help members act like mature people and not break the rules is by far the craziest and, no offense, horrible suggestions I've ever heard.

If people use their big boy/girl pants, learn how to speak to people, and use their head, half of said threads wouldn't even be close to being locked.

Onto the suggestion in this thread...

As Hawk said, there isn't a major issue that would condone needing such a system, and my own opinions on what it would turn into have already been stated.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHammer View Post
    I'll say exactly what I said in one of said threads...

It is not our job as an Admin team to ensure you guys don't act like idiots and break the rules. You're all old enough and responsible for your actions. It's our job to enforce said rules when someone does/says something against them. We're not your parents, we're not your babysitters, so the idea of implementing systems/procedures to help members act like mature people and not break the rules is by far the craziest and, no offense, horrible suggestions I've ever heard.

If people use their big boy/girl pants, learn how to speak to people, and use their head, half of said threads wouldn't even be close to being locked.

Onto the suggestion in this thread...

As Hawk said, there isn't a major issue that would condone needing such a system, and my own opinions on what it would turn into have already been stated.

As much as I truly agree with all of this I still have to say that people are never going to always get along and act accordingly. There are so many different personalities here with different opinions that is continuously going to cause arguments and what not. Sometimes changing the system could prove useful to help minimize the chances of disputes so that the admins don't have to deal with it. I mean again this is the suggestions section and it is always going to be back and forth. Can't hurt to try new things
    "No More Miss Nice Bear Time To Bring Out My Claws"

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHammer View Post
    We're not your parents, we're not your babysitters, so the idea of implementing systems/procedures to help members act like mature people and not break the rules is by far the craziest and, no offense, horrible suggestions I've ever heard.

Blog Posts

I can get behind like buttons maybe, but we'll never have a dislike button. Ever.

That's basically saying "Fuck you and your stupid ass opinions."

And for those who need the babysitting, Ghost is like a hawk.... Seriously people, I'm pretty sure he sees everything.

I'm right back at it again...

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    And for those who need the babysitting, Ghost is like a hawk.... Seriously people, I'm pretty sure he sees everything.
    More like he's a hawk who steals the baby from the babysitter and flies away with the baby and murders them in his nest.

Yeah. Sounds about right.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Ultimately, this suggestion has to be accepted by one person, the Web admin Metkil. End of story.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Garg, Donkey, you all know me too well.

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

Has anyone noticed the Facebook Like button on the top right of this thread?

Has that always been there?

The things you notice when you're thinking about them...
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

Thread Information