Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Re: A Way to Make Threads More Concise

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHammer View Post
    I'll say exactly what I said in one of said threads...

It is not our job as an Admin team to ensure you guys don't act like idiots and break the rules. You're all old enough and responsible for your actions. It's our job to enforce said rules when someone does/says something against them. We're not your parents, we're not your babysitters, so the idea of implementing systems/procedures to help members act like mature people and not break the rules is by far the craziest and, no offense, horrible suggestions I've ever heard.

If people use their big boy/girl pants, learn how to speak to people, and use their head, half of said threads wouldn't even be close to being locked.

Onto the suggestion in this thread...

As Hawk said, there isn't a major issue that would condone needing such a system, and my own opinions on what it would turn into have already been stated.
    This isn't just about avoiding misconduct. This suggestion deals with making discussions more concise. Do I think it would work? Well, not exactly, but no one here is asking to be babysat.

A like/thank you/+1/whatever button isn't a bad thing. Abusing any potential reward for getting one, yeah that could be bad. So don't tie it to any rewards. I don't think a dislike/no thank you/-1 whatever button would be bad either, but some might feel that way about it.

EDIT: Does anyone remember Roosterteeth's karma system? Mod points were like currency almost. You couldn't (heavily) abuse the system because you had to spend a mod point to mod someone's post. Karma went up and down over time based on activity and +/- mods received, and when you did gain karma or + mods, you gained mod points to spend.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JamCliche View Post
    EDIT: Does anyone remember Roosterteeth's karma system? Mod points were like currency almost. You couldn't (heavily) abuse the system because you had to spend a mod point to mod someone's post. Karma went up and down over time based on activity and +/- mods received, and when you did gain karma or + mods, you gained mod points to spend.
    The thing that sucks is making any advanced or personalized system like that is very difficult (If possible) and Metkil has to do all the work lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHammer View Post
    We're not your parents, we're not your babysitters, so the idea of implementing systems/procedures to help members act like mature people and not break the rules is by far the craziest and, no offense, horrible suggestions I've ever heard.
    That is very true. You are not our parents or babysitters, but as LEADERS of this community you ARE responsible for maintaining order and peace. You all forever say Maturity this and maturity that. But what the hell do you guys expect in a community with a wide ranged age group? We have member here from 13 to 40! We literally have children here and yet you expect them to all act mature? They are still growing for crying out loud. I mean I can see when I act immature or others in my age group act immature yes that is a very good reason to shit down our throats but again...we have kids here. Young adults who can not be expected to behave 24/7

So yes if the majority of members wants to suggest another system to minimize the chance of people being stupid and immature why does that have to be crazy? Why is it a horrible suggestion? I think it is a wonderful suggestion and it shows that instead of bitching and complaining to the leaders about these issues members are trying to find solutions. I sometimes think that you guy forget that it's members of FC that make FC what it is. Because without members here you all would be just a small group of friends with a website that like to play halo together.

You know I mean no disrespect with this comment. I love you to death Ghost! But I still can disagree with you lol xoxox
    "No More Miss Nice Bear Time To Bring Out My Claws"

FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

Quote Originally Posted by xXReiBearXx View Post
    That is very true. You are not our parents or babysitters, but as LEADERS of this community you ARE responsible for maintaining order and peace. You all forever say Maturity this and maturity that. But what the hell do you guys expect in a community with a wide ranged age group? We have member here from 13 to 40! We literally have children here and yet you expect them to all act mature? They are still growing for crying out loud. I mean I can see when I act immature or others in my age group act immature yes that is a very good reason to shit down our throats but again...we have kids here. Young adults who can not be expected to behave 24/7

So yes if the majority of members wants to suggest another system to minimize the chance of people being stupid and immature why does that have to be crazy? Why is it a horrible suggestion? I think it is a wonderful suggestion and it shows that instead of bitching and complaining to the leaders about these issues members are trying to find solutions. I sometimes think that you guy forget that it's members of FC that make FC what it is. Because without members here you all would be just a small group of friends with a website that like to play halo together.

You know I mean no disrespect with this comment. I love you to death Ghost! But I still can disagree with you lol xoxox
    I love how this thread has now become about two distinctly different topics lol. The original suggestion had no basis in babysitting. But I gotta say, remind me to not ever piss you off ReiBear lol.

"Toast was a pointless invention from the Dark Ages. Toast was an implement of torture that caused all those subjected to it to regurgitate in verbal form the sins and crimes of their past lives. Toast was a ritual item devoured by fetishists in the belief that it would enhance their kinetic and sexual powers. Toast cannot be explained by any rational means.
    Toast is me. I am Toast."

Quote Originally Posted by Toast78901 View Post
    I love how this thread has now become about two distinctly different topics lol. The original suggestion had no basis in babysitting. But I gotta say, remind me to not ever piss you off ReiBear lol.
    LMFAO!!! It always ends up like this in suggestions. Gets off topic....

I wasn't pissed when I posted it lol I just am blunt :P I love ghosthammer he is awesome! I also enjoy our debates. Ghost is very hard to get to change his opinion but *shakes fist* I wont quit you Ghosthammer lol
    "No More Miss Nice Bear Time To Bring Out My Claws"

Thread Information