Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

Suggestions for next war

So, with the conclusion of the first Halo 4 war tonight (Go Blue!) I think we all could use the off-season now to relax and just to hanging out with members of the community, be it REDD or BLUE. So lets start with that.

Now, I think we can all agree a lot of things worked during this war, a few things need tweaking, and some things should be completely revamped. So let us take and work together to make the next war even better. I would ask that if you are just going to complain, please do not post here. If you have a suggestion to better the war, please post so we may all come to a mutually beneficial outcome.

So I will break my list of suggestions down into different lists.

Battle Nights Squad Rotations:

Since many are concerned with squads being overplayed or "stacked", might I suggest that the FM of both armies create a set (in stone) order of the squads. REDD will set there order and BLUE theirs, and about 15 minutes before the battles start they post them in the statbook. Basically REDD will not know BLUE's squad order and vice versa. If it turns out that a squad is short, they can sub in players and be changed to "(SquadName) Mix". It will help squads to get set quicker and help the nights flow easier. This is just a suggestion.

Squad Mixers:

This war some squads wanted to be listed as "REDD/BLUE Mix" in order to protect their squad win/loss records. This while not a huge deal can sometimes be a pain in the ass and lead to arguments between squads. My suggestion is that if a squad in game contains at least 50% of one squad, it will NOT be labeled as "Mix". It will be labeled at what ever squad is at 50%. If the squad is evenly split 50/50, then it will be named in a similar manner to "Cyber-Phoenix" was tonight. If it is a true mix squad (as in less than 50% of the members are of the same squad) then it should be put into the statbook as "Mix".

Ordnance Drops/Loadouts:

This seems to be the hot topic the lst month or so.
    I will simply post what I posted in another topic:

In Heavy:
    -Leave classes fully as personal (can spawn with BS or PP, use firepower if wanted)
    -Edit OD rates
    -Edit OD items
    -Would BS and/or PP be placed on maps that use the Heavy gametypes?

In regular:
    -Everyone starts with Mag, everything else personal (no spawning with BS or PP, and Firepower would be useless on these maps)
    -BS and PP on maps
    -Edit OD rates
    -Edit OD item
    As far as rates and stuff, we should test multiple ways of doing it. I will leave that solely up to the WC and HC's.

Maps:
    I would like to see some more custom maps. Not just edited, but original custom maps. Maybe that's just me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's really all I got right now. Sorry if some of what I said is a bit confusing or for any spelling errors. It's late at night and I'm half asleep. What do you think about not only my ideas, but also what ideas can you bring to the table? Please keep this respectful and constructive. I really don't want this do become a shit-storm. That is a blanket warning from me (though it really means nothing).

Cody, I know you will likely be watching this. Just don't go to crazy unless things really start getting out of hand.

Al Capone111 doesn't do what Al Capone111 does for Al Capone111.
    Al Capone111 does what Al Capone111 does because Al Capone111 is Al Capone111.

I'm not an asshole, I'm just not afraid to say how I feel.

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Re: Suggestions for next war

Quote Originally Posted by Al Capone111 View Post
    My suggestion is that if a squad in game contains at least 50% of one squad, it will NOT be labeled as "Mix".
    At the moment, the procedure is that it must be greater than 50% to be considered that unit. If you know of any games in which more than 50% of the team was of a single unit, then it will be changed in the Statbook, just tell me which ones were misrepresented.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

Quote Originally Posted by Al Capone111 View Post
    Cody, I know you will likely be watching this. Just don't go to crazy unless things really start getting out of hand.
    So long as people don't deteriorate into babbling dim-witted buffoons like they normally do in suggestion threads, they'll be infraction free. But Capone is right, I'm ALWAYS watching.

Blog Posts

Here's a serious suggestion. No loadouts. AR/magnum or something like that. Old halo style. And no ordinance. Old halo. Completely like old halo. I understand the whole "new game" stuff. But I'm tired of all the old anti whatever threads that get locked eventually. I know not everyone will agree. But it would make it balance. No luck (except lag I guess). What do you guys think? I say we at least try it in customs.

Also: PLEASE have a long peacetime. We need time to test everything. I don't want next war's gametypes to be changing all the time. Everyone, help out the forge guys. Make sure your voice is heard BEFORE the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Coda View Post
    Here's a serious suggestion. No loadouts. AR/magnum or something like that. Old halo style. And no ordinance. Old halo. Completely like old halo. I understand the whole "new game" stuff. But I'm tired of all the old anti whatever threads that get locked eventually. I know not everyone will agree. But it would make it balance. No luck (except lag I guess). What do you guys think? I say we at least try it in customs.

Also: PLEASE have a long peacetime. We need time to test everything. I don't want next war's gametypes to be changing all the time. Everyone, help out the forge guys. Make sure your voice is heard BEFORE the war.
    Ar/ magnum terrible idea . The Ar is a boring and low skill gap weapon , don't get me wrong its a good weapon just the skill gap will be decrease. No rewards for head shots and team shooting.

The game setting are fine as it is and believe we should be looking at going back with what ever secondary we want since the boltshot 1 hit kill range is getting reduced by 40 percent. FC setting are fine as it is , all we need is to get rid of insta spawn.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

I like those ideas... but the REDD Mix teams are REDD Mix.

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Really the only luck-based mechanic we have left is personal ordnance, and that has way too much community support to take out (unfortunately).

As far as stripping the game down goes, that would simply be giving us one of the biggest problems MLG faced when they ran Halo: that the "out-of-the-box" game settings were completely different that their "skill-centered" settings. While (radically) changing the game wouldn't be too rough of a transition for those currently in FC, future recruits would have an even harsher period of acclimation than they do already with our map/gametype changes. Sure, many would still stick around but at the same time there would likely be a lot that leave because the game would play so differently than the default version. To attract as many people as possible we need the transition from Matchmaking settings to Battle-night settings to be as smooth as possible.

Oh, and the settings only changed so often because H4 is still a relatively new game. And this weeks settings were (I believe) the same as last week's so we've pretty much figured things out I think. Personally I hope the peacetime isn't any longer than 3 weeks or so, although it likely will be.

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    The game setting are fine as it is and believe we should be looking at going back with what ever secondary we want since the boltshot 1 hit kill range is getting reduced by 40 percent. FC setting are fine as it is , all we need is to get rid of insta spawn.
    Honestly, I'm expecting another Boltshot poll within 6 hours of the Title Update. And while I do believe the range nerf will make the BS significantly more tolerable, I feel as though the range wasn't the reason most voted to remove it. It was the sheer fact that you can spawn with a 1sk weapon, at least for me. Unfortunately that is an issue that will never be fixed by 343 because it's part of the fundamental nature of the weapon, and changing that would be like flat-out admitting that "We fucked up". Which after the Crimson DLC "Two week trial" bs, we know Microsoft will never let happen.

That being said, I do think we should "look at" the possibility, despite the fact that I hate that weapon, just to try to allow for that smooth transition that I was just talking about.

EDIT: And btw, another part of the TU will be allowing us to disable instaspawn in custom games, so hopefully we'll make that happen
    Last edited by KazuhLLL; 02-18-2013 at 04:42 AM.

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    This. As much as I would hotly defend the changes introduced by using magnum-only in small games, 343i is finally nerfing the Boltshot, and I think cutting its range down as far as they are is appropriate.

On top of that, Instaspawning is also being fixed, thankfully, and we will be able to take advantage of that revision.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Blog Posts

If we can get everything to run so that people aren't complaining every day, then I'm fine with it. It's not my decision. I want everyone to be happy not half the community hating everything.

Lets get lots of testing done!

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

If we can get everything to run so that people aren't complaining every day, then I'm fine with it. It's not my decision. I want everyone to be happy not half the community hating everything.

Lets get lots of testing done!
    I think we should radically change our map scheme. We have the power to change stuff, even on classic maps like Valhalla and Lockout. I say we talk a long hard look at all the maps we have used and start considering more radical changes to them.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Thread Information